• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Television Commercial

Brent Boman

Greetings,

I am fairly new to the Dash community, and am very excited about the future of Dash in the cryptocurrency marketplace. I am just an average Joe small business owner that has taken way too long to discover the value behind the Dash currency. There are many many others out there like myself that need to own Dash, but aren't familiar enough with the currency to really dig in and jump on board. With that being said, I have several relationships with television networks in the U.S. on which I advertise for my businesses. I know how to buy airtime at the most effective rates for a particular purpose. I believe it would be very beneficial for Dash to implement a high value branding campaign across a series of local television networks to increase branding and acceptance of the currency on a localized scale. The commercials would be ran during strategic program times, and would build trust and validation in both the business and consumer communities. I suggest a tracked test pilot of 100 networks,and if effective a nationwide launch.

Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

I think currently Dash still need to focus in niche markets and it doesn’t need to appear on television.

But after release Evolution version and get enough merchants and enough early adopters it will need to appear on television.

I think currently Dash still need to focus in niche markets and it doesn’t need to appear on television.

But after release Evolution version and get enough merchants and enough early adopters it will need to appear on television.

Thank you very much for your input. Do you think that a localized television branding campaign targeted to merchants and early adopters would help boost the success of the Evolution release? I'm not thinking of a national broadcast campaign that would require a substantial budget, but rather a budget of around $200,000 a month to reach 10-15 million individuals on their local broadcasting networks during local programming.

Thanks again!

I think we sould wait for the rebranding done by Ogilvy before making decision about this. But I think its a great idea to start building a scalable strategy. I'm sure that the rebranding will motivate the troops to invest in a broader marketing campain. Starting from local stations leading to superbowl 2019 is not a unrealistic goal IMHO.

I think we sould wait for the rebranding done by Ogilvy before making decision about this. But I think its a great idea to start building a scalable strategy. I'm sure that the rebranding will motivate the troops to invest in a broader marketing campain. Starting from local stations leading to superbowl 2019 is not a unrealistic goal IMHO.

When is the rebrand set to launch?

I started talking to local stations and received some great annual rate packages.

Here's an example:

•Guaranteed monthly minimum of 20 x 30-second “IMAGE” commercials on WAFF
•Guaranteed monthly minimum of 24 x 30-second “IMAGE” commercials on Bounce
•Guaranteed monthly minimum of 120,000 impressions on WAFF.com or Mobile Apps

•50% are GUARANTEED *Peak Time placement
•The balance are placed in *Peak Times when available

Plus
unused inventory each month at no additional charge for a total of 72 per year or an average of 6 per month
Superbowl commercial for $5000 if we participate in the program

This station reaches 728,000 buyers in Alabama, USA.

The price for this advertising package is $4500 per month.

That's only $90 per commercial or $.000123 USD per brand impression not including the online exposure on their website.

NBC's reboot of "Will & Grace" is fetching more than $200,000 on average for a 30-second commercial, according to Ad Age's survey of media agencies. We would be paying 10% of this given a median monthly rate of $4500, and receive the same spot!

Please let us use our resources wisely.

The range of the other 223 stations is $3500 to $6000 per month for similar packages based on viewership in geographic regions.
The proposal will include a complete breakdown of show and viewership stats.

Stations only offer these packages in December. We don't have to start the contract until later in the year, but they want the commitment in December. This puts the proposal in a bit of a precarious situation. I can not commit to the stations in December,and then not get the proposal funded in June. Any suggestions? Am I able to make a proposal in December that is contingent to release funding for TV advertising a month after Evolution is released? With Evolution set to launch in June, I think we should launch a local affiliate campaign beginning in either July or August. This will generate extraordinary results for us in a very budget conscience manor.

I'm thinking that an explainer video would be the best format for delivery. I would propose to make 5 commercials, take a vote on the best 3 and set them in a rotation on each local network.

I'd like to get some feedback on this please. Thank you for your time.

Back