• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Teams Up With Irish Blockchain Startup BitCart

Status
Not open for further replies.

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
http://paymentweek.com/2017-4-26-dash-teams-irish-blockchain-startup-bitcart/

dublin-375419_1280-1024x682.jpg

DIGITAL CURRENCIES
Dash Teams Up With Irish Blockchain Startup BitCart
April 26, 2017 By: Mike Dautner

Dash is the pesky leak in the faucet that keeps drinking in the bathroom of Bitcoin’s house.

It’s persistent, and demands to be heard. As the such, the alternative to Bitcoin has formed a union with Irish-based discount gift card platform BitCart to allow users access to significant online savings at Amazon, and soon, hotels.com.

BitCart offers nearly 20 percent discounts on Amazon for consumers using Dash on its platform. The integration comes on the heels of Dash’s impressive Q1 rise, where its total market cap soared from $77 million to $528 million USD.

VP of Business Development Daniel Diaz said, “One of the most important things we need to do to help cryptocurrency adoption grow is to give potential users a strong reason to overcome the technical hurdles and start using digital currencies everyday. Offering a 20% discount on Amazon purchases is a powerful incentive for new users to try Dash out, learn about it, and most importantly, start realizing its benefits.”

The integration of Dash on BitCart’s platform will be finished as of 6pm EDT today.
CEO of BitCart Graham de Barra said, “Dash is an obvious addition to our payment options due to its scalability. It is the superior cryptocurrency for payments over any other cryptocurrency. There is nothing more exciting for me than the decentralization of the global finance system, which is currently inefficient and riddled with fraud. Dash allows our merchant platform to completely eliminate the chance of chargebacks, and it opens up more options to anyone in the world.”

BitCart had its start back in 2015, and gives users a way to spend cryptocurrency on the world’s leading online retailer.
“This partnership marks Dash’s first direct integration to a service of this kind, granting the project more independence. Dash’s fast confirmations and cheap transactions ensure a superior user experience on BitCart using Dash because users don’t have to bridge through other networks and wait long times for confirmation.” Diaz said.

“Customers can be from anywhere in the world, but currently most users are predominantly from the USA and Asia. With Bitcoin falling to 66% of the total market share, and Dash recently climbing to the fifth most valuable cryptocurrency, I have no doubt that our customer-base will increase with this implementation,” de Barra concluded.

Last edited:
Nh5aPP4.png

anybody tried yet ?
20% off for Dash payments ;)

Yeah tried it, but not super happy with the delays. If it works out, I will update. Payment was quick and accepted within a few minutes (Dash is really fast as opposed to other cryptocurrencies). However it took 7.5h for the order to change from "being processed" to "complete", but now I have not received the Amazon Gift card code. Wrote an email, but no answer yet. For me it would be okay to wait up to 24h, but this is not made clear on the website and this is all still confusing.

If it works out, it is a great deal in case you want to buy something on Amazon. I usually only save up to 5% with Amazon Points or partner programs, 20% is a whole lot better :)

Ok, here is my feedback after 3 days: It took them a long time to give me valid Gift Cards, the first one did not work and was already used up. Another 2 days later I got two gift cards for the correct amount and could enter them on Amazon.com (sadly gift cards are NOT compatible with European Amazon accounts, any .uk, .de, .it, .fr, etc. accounts have different gift card codes, which bitcart does not yet support).

Their website is also not working well, the transaction and order completion kinda works after 7.5h, but then you see nothing (I still have an empty order list, empty codes, empty everything for my account). The only way to communicate is via their support email .. I guess they also added the Note that "things take longer now due to lots of people using dash for 20% off .." on their start page.

Anyway, it works, but it is slow. For a quick buy this is not usable yet. Still a nice way to save 20% off Amazon.com purchases.

Nh5aPP4.png

anybody tried yet ?
20% off for Dash payments ;)

the discount of 20% is for the purchase of Amazon Giftcard which was discounted because this was bought in bulk by bitcart's supplier whose business model is to buy unused & forgotten amazon giftcards for 50% of the cost of the amazon giftcards.

It doesnt give you a 20% discount when buying goods from Amazon because Amazon is not a party to this business model but often times Amazon offer deals and promos so you can avail of this with the amazon giftcard from bitcart.

Well, if you want to buy something on Amazon.com you will definitively get the 20% off, does not matter how it is achieved. Anyone wanting to buy a Amazon Gift Card directly can also check out this board (which has other countries gift cards as well, mostly sold via bitcoin or paypal, also 20% off or more), but bitcart was already too much hassle for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/giftcardexchange/

How does the whole tax thing play out? Who pays the tax ? Well confused here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All a gift card does is to add a way to pay for using Amazon, think of it as a one-time use credit card with amount x, it does not change anything else, all prices, shipping, taxes, etc. stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back