• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash takes out full page newspaper ads in all the largest newspapers

feedbands

Dash Nation,

Today Google issued a statement that cryptocurrency ads will be disallowed in June. Current Feedbands / Dashinforner budget takes us up to June and we will make a huge impact between now and then.

After that, we believe we will be able to successfully continue advertising dash as a payments provider. That said, contingency plans are a good thing.

I propose in June we take out full page newspaper ads in the New York Times, USA today, Washington Post, and more.

Do you like this idea? Why or why not? What messaging would you most like to see in these ads?

Do we have any stats about how many people subscribe/purchase the major papers, and of those, how many people actually spend a significant amount of time reading their contents (i.e. instead of just having the prestige of saying they subscribe to the Wall Street Journal or whatever)? Also, would these advertisement ventures also allow us corresponding advertisements/articles/etc in their digital platforms as well?

I think a full page New York Times ad is somewhat a symbol status(sunday?). Especially when done right, to show you can. I think that one is probably the only one really worth it. Maybe financial magazines. We have a limited amount of time before everyone shuts off cryptocurrency ads for now.

I think a full page New York Times ad is somewhat a symbol status(sunday?). Especially when done right, to show you can. I think that one is probably the only one really worth it. Maybe financial magazines. We have a limited amount of time before everyone shuts off cryptocurrency ads for now.
Agreed, full page ads usually receive additional reporting and publicity, especially if done across multiple papers and make a huge mark.

My team has our hands full with the Feedbands Dashfest for the next few days so communication will be spotty but we are already working on obtaining pricing, turnaround times, statistics/demographics regarding audience, and confirmation of availability.

Still curious what the Network would like to see these ads communicate. Perhaps a different key message in each paper?

Dash - Instant Transactions

Dash - The First Decentralized Autonomous Organization

Dash - Transaction Fees Under A Cent

Currently talking to wall street journal, new york times, and usa today which are the top 3 newspapers in the US by circulation

Is it a good idea to publish DASH information in a newspaper like the Wall Street Journal?
I think that Wall Street has waged a very hard war against cryptocurrencies for some time.
It would be necessary to evaluate if a publication there would not have a negative impact instead.
Another point to evaluate would be the price of a publication in these media. I understand that a publication in the New York Times costs more than 100 thousand dollars, which I think is enough money to be spent on an impression that you do not know the impact it will have.

Back