• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Support for Victims in Barcelona Attack

Going forward maybe to avoid this akward discussion in future DASH as a unit should have a policy on how to deal with events like this. It should never be based on who shouts the loudest. Let each incident be addressed by preset conditions. There would always be a question of where to start and stop.

What did DASh do for the bombing in London or Manchester?
What about the events in Europe last year - Germany, France?
Why now? why Barcelona ?

Any action has to seen to be equitable.

An important question to answer is this within our object? Does it take us away from our core goals, if not can we embrace this in any way?

Going forward maybe to avoid this akward discussion in future DASH as a unit should have a policy on how to deal with events like this. It should never be based on who shouts the loudest. Let each incident be addressed by preset conditions. There would always be a question of where to start and stop.

What did DASh do for the bombing in London or Manchester?
What about the events in Europe last year - Germany, France?
Why now? why Barcelona ?

Any action has to seen to be equitable.

An important question to answer is this within our object? Does it take us away from our core goals, if not can we embrace this in any way?

Also keep in mind that when shocking events happen that make world news like this, in every town in every country, everybody and their mother wants to do something to help because we are deeply affected by this kind of terrible news. I happen to have lived in an area very close to where a comparable incident happened several years ago, and I remember the community being overwhelmed with the money/donations coming in from all over the world. It was so much that charities and local authorities literally were not able to process it and didn't know what to do with the absurd excess of resources that were funneling in. So although I would love to be able to do something to help, in many cases I decide to donate towards other charitable causes instead.

I hadn't considered that angle. The very newsworthy cause may get overfunded, while the problem that is an ugly duckling or politically unpopular may not get any help.

As a Catalan born, raised and currently living in Barcelona, and I don't like the idea. Do you want to make some donations to the associations that are helping the victims I can provide some links to do it anonymously.

This is a moment of great sadness and any kind of promotion of a coin o a product can be greatly misunderstood. Involving our decentralized budget would be used against us for sure.

My guess is the victims don't need money. The need to mourn their victims. We have public social care in Europe that works in this cases pretty well.

Thank you for your support

<offtopic>

I would wager that I am the largest holder of Dash for many miles around (don't get me wrong I'm not master node level by any means)

Sorry, but you are wrong. I know some large holders and supporters of the DASH community here in Barcelona.

</offtopic>

Last edited:
Unless the funds are used to buy a bunch of AK-47s for everyone who is not yet a victim and wants to stay not yet a victim, I vote no.

This sort of "give money to people who got run over/shot at/blown up" is a selfish attempt for those who caused the problem to feel like they're doing good instead of bad.

It's a guilty conscience trying to hide behind a wad of cash. In this case, not even it's own wad of cash.

For shame.

It's too late for the victims. They're already victims.

If you want to help, enable good people to fight back and stop making laws the play right into the hands of the bad guys... The perpetrators are laughing at you as you make more laws that help them out.

Last edited:
As helpful as sending money to people might seem its not a fix all. There are many aspects of trauma and tossing money at people is not always the right thing for recovery.
Unfortunately DASH is a Money Tossing organization. So unless you plan DASH to fund your flight to Barcelona and aid some people. I think the isuse would be who else to toss money to?

Back