• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash stolen from me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Natural

Hello,

Over 10 Dash were stolen from me on Wednesday, October 23. This is the address it was stolen and put into:

Xb58vXAZdeQpq88mEzkWHTgFPLy7E8dBuH

I was misled to enter my seed words on my Trezor as I had problems conneting after a long time not using it and found out only today that it is stolen, along with Bitcoin from three accounts into a separate account which I have also found and reported on bitcoinwhoswho.com.
I have written about it to Trezor in the hope they can help me.
Is there anything else I can do, please help me out here.

Hello,

Over 10 Dash were stolen from me on Wednesday, October 23. This is the address it was stolen and put into:

Xb58vXAZdeQpq88mEzkWHTgFPLy7E8dBuH

I was misled to enter my seed words on my Trezor as I had problems conneting after a long time not using it and found out only today that it is stolen, along with Bitcoin from three accounts into a separate account which I have also found and reported on bitcoinwhoswho.com.
I have written about it to Trezor in the hope they can help me.
Is there anything else I can do, please help me out here.

Can you please describe how you were misled exactly, hardware wallets are secured devices and putting seed words on these devices does not lead to stolen tokens by itself so far i know
(assuming you bought the Trezor from an official trusted source).
Did you perhaps enter your seed words on a website instead of on the Trezor device ?

A few things you can (double) check :

Did you check your Trezor Dash address(es) on an official Dash blockchain explorer ?
(you can use this one : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/)

Did you enter all the correct seed words on your Trezor ?
(a small error there, could have a big effect)

Did you check all your Trezor-associated Dash addresses ?
(some hardware wallets automatically create a new address after receiving a token, for privacy reasons. You can use the Dash Masternode Tool (DMT) to get an overview of them all.
Link : https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/blob/master/README.md#supported-hardware-wallets
(just set DMT up as normal wallet, not a masternode wallet and select Trezor as hardware wallet type in the configuration).

If your 10+ Dash were indeed sent to above mentioned Dash address, i'm afraid there is not much you can do about it. It has not been withdrawn yet, but i suspect that is only a matter of time.
Proof of ownership with digital currencies comes down to proving you are in full control of your privatekey / seed words. As soon as that part gets compromised, you will unfortunetely lose proof of ownership.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply.

The Trezor was secure and I bought it from the Trezor Company. I have obviously made a mistake. Here's what I think happened: I was in a hurry and wanted to send some Bitcoin. I haven't used it much previously and do seldom buy or sell and it was a long time since I last used the Trezor. I searched for Trezor on Chrome and got up the Trezor, or so I thought, but it was all zeros. Then I got a Message there, something about an error and that I needed to enter my 24 Words of seed. I should have stopped there, I know in hindsight. But I entered the Words and all my details came up correct. I tried to send the Btc, but got Cold feet as all of a sudden the screen went black for a few Seconds before coming back on. So I disconnected and didn't og in until today from a New pc.
Now I do remember that I wasn't prompted to enter the 6 digit code then, which was out of my head at the time. This is devastating. In addition to the Dash I also lost 0.911 Btc.

I can see the transfer when I log on to the Trezor and I've tried to download, here With a link.

Attachments

• account #1_dash.pdf
    23.5 KB · Views: 101
I'm not very technically proficient, but I found 7 addresses Connected to the Theft on Block 1158833. Don't know if it's significant, but here it is:

Xxwm9KmZXE4ugjn2ak8X3BvuNS3WPmoKUW
XgN7rmBQjJBRu8742wdbuNWRK3ZWbBJcgo
Xjq6ywK6YvgBtubA7krjCmjAgNVaoSntdp
XdSF1p3kAD7s3vPtqqiFfKX35PkwAXTDJu
XwSvjTNKa2tVmF3PZBVRFChuqQB4ghft7F
XyNsd9DsbbrWQZCGndFRJX2ERCt7XWL6NS
XbEMcgXfwJXgiEGhb6MaAuwCTaUpt4ykET

On Output it says: Not yet redeemed and also BITTREX behind the thief's address

Update: I have written to BITTREX and received a ticket and promise they will look into it.
I'm thinking I would like to give something to anyone who's got the know-how and are willing to help me retrieve my coins.

Last edited:
something about an error and that I needed to enter my 24 Words of seed. I should have stopped there
Sorry, the rest of the thread wasn't showing when I made the previous post.

You're boned. You boned yourself.

Assuming the story is true...

Anyone can point to some addresses on the block chain and say "those are totally mine."

There's no harm in posting the already spent privkeys. We can chase it down, but that doesn't mean you'll ever get it back.

You seem to be implying that the funds went straight to an exchange without touching Private Send... I rather doubt someone capable of phishing so elaborately would be that dumb...

Common Sense ain't so common...

You've given us no information about where you were and what you were doing when you punched in your seed words. Was this some website? How did you get there? Can you post any links? If not, why not?

The screen went black for a few seconds? Wut? It sounds like you're trying to scare boomers/zoomers with nonsense. The screen didn't just go black for no reason, and a phishing site wouldn't give away an obvious tell like that.

I call BS. This doesn't add up.

Trezor can't help you. I'm pretty sure there's no ticket with an exchange. You seem to have technical understanding, then suddenly you become a neophyte in the next sentence...

You know how to use block explorers, but you punched in your seed on a random site you googled? You know that wallet.trezor.io exists, but chose to go to some random website instead? You opened a support ticket with an exchsnge with which you have no account based on colored coin data, but muh screen went black? Wut? Days of doing nothing, but it's urgent? It's devastating... Bittrex promised? Are you sure it wasn't a pinky swear? That's probably the biggest tell in your story. You misused the word promise because you know it doesn't exist in your native language. You thought it would be convincing to use the word, but you put it in a place it would never be found...

Your use of phrases and grammar not found in english-speskers suggests... No, not that English isn't your first language, that's obvious. But, that you come from a place known for scams.

You're full of crap.

Even though I call this 99.99% BS, it's still a teachable moment; don't do absurdly dumb sh!t with your money.

If you take a 1,000 CHF banknote, fold it into a paper airplane, and throw it off of a skyscraper... You're probably not getting it back.

"Aw, geez. I'm just a boomer that did a goof. If only Big Brother could intervene and make everything all better again. See, crypto is bad! Don't use it! Also, people were mean to me when I told my fake sob story. Crypto is double bad!"

Creating a scare story to advertise to idiots...

I'm expecting a link from the AARP website, to this thread, will be discovered in 3, 2, 1...

Last edited:
Whaaaat? I have a big problem and comes here hoping someone can help me and I get this tirade? What's wrong With you camosoul? You have no idea who I am and you're way off in Your theories and it would be better if you kept silent when you have nothing of value to offer, only insults and accusations.

Yes, it's so nice. As Dash (which I really believed in) steadily sinks down to nothingness, it is here that I get the only nasty feedback. Wrote on the Bitcoin site and at least got a suggestion of what to do but here??? A fucking piece of shit psycho MOFO come in with all kinds of abuse as "advice" when I just lost 11.000 dollars worth of coins. The least of which was 10 Dash. I wrote to BITTREX and they wrote back to me their thief is their client but they can't tell his name because of FBI-rules and later they tell me they're going to close my ticket. What the fuck to do? Is it totally lawless? I reported it to the local police and they immediately sent me a letter they're not going to investigate. Same shit everywhere in the western world.

Lesson:

You are fucking alone if you get scammed. Society has reduce itself to shit and nobody gieves a damn what happens to the next man. If you complain or ask for help, you're like the rape victim that "asked for it". Profit for yourself is everyting. decency is dead. Write about it to the Dash Forum and hear what a fucking piece of shit moron, and scammer, you are!!!

If asked I would advice against getting involved in cryptocurrencies for the average person and particularly Dash, which has not only collapsed near 100% but also sports psycopaths as "help" when you're in deep shit.
My deepest hope is that crime does not pay, however much it seems to have the upper hand at the moment. But if criminal activities is defended on forums like this and this spreads, that will be the end of civilized society and then cryptocurrencies will not matter anyway.

You were given what advice was available from qwizzle, there is not much that can be done with a hack, ask qwizzle about that, he lost far more than you did. And yes, we do have some people in here that are rough around the edges, and they were asked to stop, if there were anything that could be done about your situation, you would have been given instructions, unfortunately, in crypto, the end user is responsible for securing their own coins, I have lost funds as well in hacks and I even saw some guy accidentally burn 13 GNO which were worth $400 each when I was with Ethereum, he lost his mind over it and caused huge problems in their chat. I am sorry you got hacked, but there is nothing that can be done for the type of hack you reported. You are better off taking the loss on the chin and alerting Trezor to the vulnerability so that this doesn't happen to somebody else.

Hey,
My response was not directed to you, but rather to one individual quoted as " rough around the edges" by a careful humanitarian American ( I reckon) , but which I personally would call a fucking psycho...but never mind....and I do noticed the words to stop and I appreciate it, don't doubt it, but my loss kinda lingers so I'm not quite over it yet.
Yes, you're right, I do take it "over my chin", it's a great loss for our family. But the words of this camosul does in no way make things easier and I think this kind of anti-social behavoiur should not be reinforced. I'm not a regular here and seeing that this individual is a long time kinda guyhere, it might be he has certain "rights" to fire off whatever he likes, I don't know. But if he were in my circles acting like such an asshole, he'd been be right out of here with a black eye.

Well, I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you and your family can bounce back from this. Honestly, we don't have much discussion in this Forum, serves as more of an archive for dash.org, you should join one of our chat servers on Discord or Telegram, more likely to find support and a friendlier environment.

@camosoul Try to be nice, this user just lost funds, your comments add insult to injury.
No he didn't.

This never happened.

He's a troll trying to make morbid stupidity and irresponsibility seem good and innocent, and Big Brother and make irreversible transactions seem like a bad thing by proxy of that.

He clearly knows exactly what he's doing. Pretending to be a neophyte in need of Big Brother's help in one instance, but then suddenly very technical the next moment, then right back be being a poor me I need help clueless boomer again... Nobody with an IQ above 70 is falling for this. He can't even fake his lingual issues properly. Get out of your mom's basement and you'll see that's where he's posting this from...

11 DASH is not a lot. Even if it were true, there's nothing to cry about. If losing 11 DASH hurts his family, then he's got bigger problems...

Which only reinforces the matter. He doesn't have a family teetering on the brink of poverty. If he did, he wouldn't be so foolish and irresponsible with his pocket change...

Don't be an idiot. Don't tell obvious lies. This never happened.

Thanks for the reply Agnew.

But here again goes the psycho cameltoe with his idiotic theories. Speaking of intelligence, this mofo is continuously clueless, worse yet, a nasty peice of shit bad excuse for a human being.
He hasn't read and understood what I wrote, yet he is so sure of his foolish self and tell others whats what. Probably clueless in life too as he has time for attacking perfectly strangers online istead of minding his own business.
Advice; mind your own business if you have nothing of value to contribute. If you choose to open your filthy mouth anyway, at least read and understand before writing your useless, brainless shit.

Aw,
you even get crap out of your mouth, and your hands are in shit, if you talk to people like that. well, instead of brains too - shit
whine some more, snowflake... Do you think I care what you absurd Clown World types think?

You've destroyed DASH...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back