• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash stickers advertisement

Dash4Ever

Hi Every one :)

I was going to do a little advertising for the Dash currency. This is by putting up advertising stickers in the town where I live (Sweden).

This is the stickers I've made so far, going to use the swedish one. But I publice one in English aswell so you know what it says :)

e8oiyt.jpg
2iqc1tc.jpg

Do you think this is a good idea ?
Do you have any suggestions on what I can improve ?

Do you want to donate for my project ?
XbyuWR9qoh9Lb9bWqrbLnfRkdUQGuUdE1k

I was going to do a little advertising for the Dash currency. This is by putting up advertising stickers in the town where I live (Sweden).

This is the stickers I've made so far, going to use the swedish one. But I publice one in English aswell so you know what it says :)

e8oiyt.jpg
2iqc1tc.jpg

You mean, by stickers, those adhesive labels? Why don't you simply make flyers, instead?

Stickers can be annoying if the idea is,for example, to have them affixed on walls everywhere in the city. Because it can be an ugly source of visual pollution, and so create a bad reaction towards DASH.

For stickers, an idea, IMO, would be instead,to make simple pretty DASH logo + URL ones (without text), which you can distribute to your friends and some merchants, so that they will choose if/where to tap them (on their own cars, own shops, own mobile phones, etc). They will not be tapping all around the city, and this way, not damaging DASH image. So, a small quantity of stickers would be enough, for starts, just to test the public reaction.

Now, your design as shown in this thread, could serve perfectly for flyers, not to be distributed to everyone and anyone on the streets (because it would be producing dirt on the streets = bad), but better to be given to merchants, in stores, service providers, or to friends, and it would be also a good opportunity you'll have to talk to them about DASH.

And, flyers are cheaper to be produced, another advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd slap a magnetic bumper sticker on my glorious TDI... And that's a sacred bumper that the GOA and NRA don't even get to be on...

I think the best, simple description of DASH is:

D A S H
The far more advanced, grown-up successor to the Bitcoin experiment.
Add or subtract hyperbole at will...

That would make a killer banner and bumper sticker.

D A S H
Cryptocurrency 2.0 - for adults.

D A S H
Bitcoin for grown-ups.

e8oiyt.jpg
2iqc1tc.jpg

I think this is a great idea.
We should compare the advantages of Darkcoin vs Bitcoin since bitcoin is mainstream,
the people who already have an idea about cryptocurrencies, will see Darkcoin as the true currency,
once they understand it has more privacy than bitcoin.

What about an animal within our logo?

30 Famous Animal Logos
Written by Cinami Grafiks Logo DesignThroughout life, animal symbolism has been used to describe almost anything. How many times have you heard sayings such as ‘strong as an ox’, ‘tall as a giraffe’, ‘big as a bear’ or ‘quick as a cat’, I could go on all day.
Attributing animal like characteristics to people is as old as time. The Native American Indians gave animal names to the people of their tribes to describe an individual’s personality or appearance. Names like Running Horse or Brown Bear would be given to those who seemed to live up to the name. Mine would probably be Sleepy Rhino.
Today, this practice continues, no where more so than in the design world. Our human perceptions of animal characteristics are used to full advantage to give us an idea about a product or company. A company with an elephant in their logo for example, would make us think of something large and strong, instilling an air of reliability about that company. Car companies frequently use animals such as horses and fast cats, symbolizing speed and agility.
On occasion, the symbolism can be a little more cryptic, such as the Ralph Lauren logo, which displays a polo player on horseback. Many people associate this pastime with the higher classes and gentile pursuits, hence giving an aura of quality and class. Or the HMV design which uses a dog. Most people fail to see a dog tilting its head in interest as anything but cute. This imagery is something we as humans can relate to and most people see dogs as trustworthy and loyal.
Animal symbolism throughout the modern world shows no signs of abatement and humans will continue to use this imagery to describe everything from trainers to drinks.
Many of the world’s Top 100 Famous Logos use animals. Below are 30 of the most famous logos that use animal imagery to describe their product or company. I guarantee that you will recognize most, if not all of them. Think about the animal used in the design and what your perceptions of that name are. See if they match.
MSN
msn.png

Lacoste
lacoste.png

The Famous Grouse
the-famous-grouse.png

Jaguar
jaguar.png

HMV
hmv.png

Swarovski
swarovski.png

PUMA
puma.png

Twitter
twitter.png

Smirnoff
smirnoff.png

Playboy
playboy-bunny.png

Saab
saab.png

Red bull
red-bull.png

Ralph Lauren
ralph-lauren.png

Firefox
firefox.png

Chicago Bulls
chicago-bulls.png

Camel
camel.png

Alpha Romeo
alpha-romeo.png

Lamborghini

lamborghini.jpg

Ferrari
ferrari.jpg

Conclusion
In summary, using animals in design is a very effective method of describing a product or company’s core attributes. Animal imagery will continue to help branding and tell stories.

Back