• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Sponsorship Pro Sports Team

ciscoterreros

Proposal: Dash Sponsors Pro Football/Soccer Team In Portugal

World of Football NFT or WoF, is an NFT brand with 22,000 members across its platforms and counting, bringing real-life professional football to the blockchain through a series of 4 NFT collections with both digital and real-life utilities like never been seen before in an NFT project (most prominently, voting rights for a 5th division professional football club in Portugal named Forjães SC).

On May 27, current members of Forjães SC voted "YES" on accepting Cisco Terreros and WoF as their chairman and owners of the club, making us the first NFT brand to own and manage a professional sports team.
https://forjaessc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/IMG_8752-scaled-e1656534356523.jpg

Cisco Terreros (middle) with Forjães President, Antonio B (left) and club's Technical Director Fernando T (right)

As we embark on the remarkable job of operating Forjães SC, we are tasked with all revenue-generating assets for the club such as marketing sponsorships, jersey and merchandizing sales, and new membership sales, to name a few. With that, the long-term contract with our current jersey sponsor, textile giant "Etfor," has come to an end. For that reason, World of Football and Forjães SC are seeking Dash as the official jersey sponsor of our new jersey.

Why WoF and Forjães?

We were founded as the first blockchain group to take ownership of a professional sports team, disrupting the status quo of many layers of club ownership/management and the disconnect between rich and powerful owners and their local communities. What started out as an idea in 2021 has come full circle as a tangible and sustainable business. We've created a community of NFT holders that now own a historic club in Portugal.

Forjães SC is a beloved club with 55 years of history, rooted in one of the most quintessential towns in Portugal, the costal city of Esposende. With a rich history of football that dates back decades, the club draws generations of fans, season ticket holders and players alike.

Now that we've accomplished the monumental task of acquiring the team, our next goal is simple but no less grandiose. We aim to make Forjães SC the world's second team. The blockchain's team. The internet's team. Every football fan has a first team; the team you'll always feel a connection to and associate with nostalgic memories. Now, with the globalization of sports, the technology of web3, and the ability to connect with individuals around the globe with a simple click, we intend to make Forjães a team that anyone, from anywhere in the world, can passionately support, just like they do their first team.

We are no stranger to managing football teams either! Cisco Terreros, founder of WoF and chairman of Forjães, offers a deep resume of knowledge, successfully managing professional football clubs and building teams from the ground up. In the past 20 years, Cisco has worked for the Olympics, Real Salt Lake (professional football team in USA), Columbus Crew SC (professional team in USA), and most recently has worked as a FIFA licensed agent, managing more than 300 athletes and negotiating more than $40m in athlete transactions with some of the biggest clubs in the world.

Why Dash?

As its slogan states "Dash is digital cash you can spend anywhere," providing a unique solution to one of our problems... how does a DSO (Decentralized Sports Organization) pay its athletes, coaches and staff from across the world as well as accept payments from its members and merchandize sales? As we began researching crypto-based solutions to make such transactions, one of our mentors, NFT holders and early investors, former CTO of Dash, Bob Carroll, suggested Dash and its easy-to-use wallet solution.

Furthermore, as a crypto-heavy growing community, we need to offer a way for our members to pay their dues, buy merchandize and Dash allows us to have a fiat-merchant services alternative. We believe that by offering a 10% discount FOR ANYONE who pays with Dash (instead of fiat), it will encourage new wallets to adopt Dash as their new form of currency and begin utilizing the coin. (See screenshot of our current shop checkout page already implementing Dash as our non-fiat form of payment)

Our goal is to make Dash the main form of payment for our players and coaches, making it the first professional sports team to pay their staff in Dash as well as receive revenue through our website, all while promoting the Dash brand to our blockchain-centric community and football community across the world, thus increasing wallet transactions with Dash as the main token.

For that reason, we, WoF and FSC, dream of having the Dash logo on our jerseys, promoting the service to our global fanbase.

The Proposal:
https://www.dash.org/forum/attachments/forjaes-dash-jersey-png.11248/

• One (1) year deal
  • Dash brand featured on front of all jerseys and training kits (including home, away and 3rd jersey for senior team, all youth levels in Portugal and US)
  • One field banner at Forjães Stadium (visible during all home TV broadcasts)
  • Two (2) :30 second TV ads during all home broadcasts
  • “Match Recap presented by Dash ” social media post, for every season-game
  • Season MVP presented by Dash, to be presented to the Most Valuable Player each year
  • A specially discounted shop-page and/or code for all Masternodes to purchase co-branded merchandize at cost (vs. retail)
  • All Masternodes to mint at no cost a ForjaesSC-Dash 3D designed NFT jersey (only available for Masternodes)
  • The official crypto coin for all merchant services needs within Forjaessc.com/shop (as illustrated on the screenshot of shop below)
We are asking for an investment of 375 DASH per month for 4 months.

What the money will be used for:

As you can imagine, operating a professional football club isn't cheap. In fact, a lot of sports fans have the misconception that owning and operating a professional sports team is a profitable endeavor and although it can be through equity and the evolution of the club (e.g. taking a club from 5th division to 3rd division), it is a very costly operation. For that reason, 100% of the funds generated from the jersey sponsorship will assist us in covering some of the following expenses:
  • Coaching staff monthly salaries
  • Medical and supporting staff salaries
  • Professional players' monthly salaries
  • Stadium operations' fees
  • Costs related to away-game travel (such as athlete per-diem, hotels, buses, and other related expenses)
  • Youth team ops, coaches and support staff salaries
Questions?

If any of you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email [email protected]

Thank you for your time. We hope you feel inspired by our revolution and compelled to vote "Yes" for our unique and never-before-seen approach.

(For a complete look at our business plan, the Dash pitch deck and roadmap, please visit this Google-Slides presentation)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 2.08.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 2.08.21 PM.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 134
Honestly I prefer you guys coming back when we are higher in terms of the Dash price per coin.
Idea is good but the timing isn't.

Honestly I prefer you guys coming back when we are higher in terms of the Dash price per coin.
Idea is good but the timing isn't.
Thank you @splawik21 for your comment. I know!!! The timing has made this SO difficult for all of us within our technology! If appropriate, may I ask a question? What if we lower the price to around 175 dash for 4 months? @GrandMasterDash made a similar suggestion (to lower the price, show lots of value, then once value is proven, ask for more next year). We would love to do this because again, I LOVE the idea of helping our Dash get out to the masses and this project would allow us to do that! Look forward to your reply! And once again, thank you so much for your comment!

AFAIK you can't edit the ask price. To save confusion I would re-submit and make clear it''s a new offer. I apologize it's still 5 dash, it should of been 1 dash by now. You might want to publish a donation address here for the proposal fee.

He can post a donation address here and edit it into his proposal description as well.

AFAIK you can't edit the ask price. To save confusion I would re-submit and make clear it''s a new offer. I apologize it's still 5 dash, it should of been 1 dash by now. You might want to publish a donation address here for the proposal fee.
Wonderful, thank you. And its ok, I can flip the 5 dash again... that is how much I believe in our partnership. I will resubmit, add more clarity to the proposal, lower the asking price and offer a crap-ton of value these next 12 months to prove to our Dash community that these type of partnerships aren't all a waste of the DAO's support and investment. Thank you again for your kindness and guidance, where a few others have not had that courtesy!

Back