• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash so high difficulty

srnltd

Dash so high difficulty now.
Mining user near dead with less income

DASH organize should do something , Can pay more for mining?

Are you for real? Mining is a risk. All did the cryptoworld is based on the free market. That’s the beauty of it. Think for yourself, learn by doing, change your plan, iterate.

My feeling is bitmain will pump dash price to sell more miners in the future. So we should see prices around 1000 within 6 months. Mine now and hold

Mine DASH and HODL. If you want support this project. So many miners instantly sell DASH.
Yeah, because thats how they pay the electricity meant to support the infrastructure, much like how the 5% governance budget is meant to support the development infrastructure.

The mining difficulty is so high and the profits so shit that none of that can currently happen unless you're mining in China, and who would care to do so in China when they could as easily mine Bitcoins for tenfold the profits?

What should dash do to increase profitability?
Lower diff? If we do that it will speed up the rate of coin output as blocks will happen faster then every 2.5 mins.
Change difficulty algorithm. We have been on dgw v3.0 since 2014
Change the reward split? We have had this split since June 2015

Why is the diff so high?
Well DGW calculates difficulty every block based on the moving average of the last 24 blocks that were found to attempt to keep block times at 1 every 2.5 mins.

I'm not sure what Dash should do as the things turns out happened due to more miners mining Dash now. So, its not the right step to reduce difficulty though.

Back