• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Serbia Follow up event and future plans

nebojsa

I would like to thank Dash Community for making this happen, and in return, I've added a couple of extras to show how much traction Dash got by organizing its 1st meetup here in Serbia.

Also, I would like to thank Unchained and Dandy for helping me out with the event. Unchained for being in front of the camera, and Dandy for being behind it :D

We had an amazing event on the 13th October with 60 people signing up and 74 actually showing up (photos and video attached). We had the intro session by Electronic Currency District, followed by a more detailed presentation by “Unchained” and finally a short security overview by Omer Karatas from the startup Saaspass. We were very happy to have two foreign lecturers which contributed to the diversity of knowledge and larger audience.

At the event, 70 Dash gift cards (valued at around 3 Euros each) were handed out at the end of the event. We had Dash t-shirts, laptop stickers and badges for the guests - we are looking forward to seeing Dash visuals being worn around Belgrade and Serbia, raising awareness.

We’ve had 60 new wallets installed and 80 new followers on Dash Srbija Facebook Page.

I am happy to announce major additions to Serbian Dash community:

First of all, I partnered up with guys from Garage Lab Belgrade who wholeheartedly supported the preparation for the event we had on the 13th, especially with Djordje (one of the co-founders) who will join me intensively for the further Dash Serbia activities. Garage Lab is a growing makerspace focusing on Blockchain, IoT, robotics and artificial intelligence, with a large number of well-visited monthly events on these topics.

At the same time, I’ve extended my cooperation with people from Smart City Challenge who saw Dash as an opportunity to have a mutual promotion on their next large event which will happen in December this year.

That being said, moving on to the next thing.

In process:

Partnership with Electronic Currency District:

From the start they showed great interest for implementing Dash into their ATMs, the first ATM which should have Dash available is in ICT Hub where Dash Serbia meetup is held, but unfortunately, it couldn’t be implemented on time due to bugs in the system and API.

On the bright side we plan to spread our cooperation in a couple of sectors:

• Implementing Dash into all of their ATMs in Belgrade and Novi Sad

• Implementing Dash as an option for trading on their website

• Further improving the functionality of Dash on EDC's.rs ATMs (after testing and debugging), making Dash directly exchangeable for Serbian Dinars. Our provisional goal is to finish this work by the end of October.

• Looking for an option to create local POS terminal for Dash implementation - to be used by local stores and restaurants
.- We aim to sign a partnership deal with Smart City Challenge for their big finale event in December.

- We took the first steps towards translating Dash.org website to the Serbian language.

- We’ve received an invitation to organize a lecture and a Dash presentation at the Belgrade Venture Forum in mid-November and we are currently negotiating details.

Plans for November

- We’ve received an exclusive opportunity to use a time slot at one of the biggest tech conferences in Belgrade - Belgrade Venture Forum.

- Our plan is to hold a blockchain-focused lecture and a practical workshop, with the goal of bringing the technology closer to the larger audience. At the same time, we will use the opportunity to throw a flash introduction to Dash by handing out paper wallets to the audience and giving some basic info about Dash and its benefits.

- We want to establish a tradition of holding dedicated Dash events (meetups) once a month and November would be a perfect opportunity to focus on the more in-depth talk about the Dash ecosystem.

- Completing Dash.org website translation.

Plans for December

The big December activity will be the large Smart City Challenge finals event.

This startup accelerator/competition has attracted a lot of attention from both local national and regional media. We’ve planned a Dash sponsorship of 20 Dash prize pool for winners. This will provide us with huge visibility nation-wide, bringing Dash closer to the general public and the tech community.

Continue with the monthly dedicated Dash meetup.

We are considering renting a booth at the IT Days Belgrade conference in mid-December if we conclude it will be beneficial for our activities.

Other plans and updates will be posted here

Pictures from the event:

Video TBA:

Back