• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Rocks!

Psypher246

Seriously why did it take me so long to get into Dash? Same lag time with Bitcoin, although starting in 2013 is better that starting in 2016 amirite?

Happy to have discovered Dash in November 2016 before the boom though. Maybe that lag aint too bad :)

The parts I am impressed with most is the treasury and the DAO voting system. It's genius. I often wonder why Ethereum themselves didn't start as a DAO, instead of building a platform to allow the biggest DAO failure to happen and then edit the blockhain instead of having everyone vote which way to go.

Too much drama in systems with no voting, ETH's forked, BTC's forked and may fork again soon (took over 2 years of drama to occur with much volatility. Anyone remember Mike Hearn?). Blockchains are complicated enough how do you explain to noobs that there are now 2 ETH's and maybe 3 BTC's? I am interested to see how Dash can solve these issues.

Hello welcome welcome welcome yes its good you discovered DASH in 2016, and yes there are two ETH and maybe 3 BTC but look close and you might find a few coins that had cloned from DASH DNA. ;) But there are some that just leverage the name. Stay vigilant and watch out for Mike Hearn...

Hello welcome welcome welcome yes its good you discovered DASH in 2016, and yes there are two ETH and maybe 3 BTC but look close and you might find a few coins that had cloned from DASH DNA. ;) But there are some that just leverage the name. Stay vigilant and watch out for Mike Hearn...
Thanks! Yeah I stumbled upon PivX but was not overly impressed and Dash had more maturity. Makes me wonder in what situations could Dash fork if indeed a large group inside the community cannot come to a consensus. Is that what started PivX?

I don't know how pivx/darknet started but it seems like some who were not in consensus moved on to do their own thing. Which I think is sorta what we had with BCC

Back