• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Radio Advertising, 170+ stations.

MedgeFTL

Hi! This is my first post. I would like some feedback on my proposal, if you would be so kind. It is in italics. It is for 3 months for 50 DASH total (This number will change depending on the value of DASH on the day I enter the proposal, but the package is $11,830 for the quarter).

Continuation funding – Dash Radio Advertising, 170+ stations.

For those that have been on here a while you may remember my failed attempt (but not by much) at getting funding for radio advertising. The failure was due to my ignorance around the history of long term commitments on this board, but the kind folks at on the Core Development Team, specifically Daniel Diaz, expedited things by signing a deal with Free Talk Live and saving us all the trouble of watching me flounder in here :).

I spoke with Ryan Taylor of the Core Team yesterday and he informed me that they are sorry but the Core Team is hiring a big advertising agency and they didn’t want to continue the advertising agreement because of the complication of bringing existing agreements to the table with the new agency, but that I should come to you fine folks and that you would likely fund me directly. Ryan committed to fund us until the next funding cycle begins here.

Free Talk Live is a nationally syndicated libertarian radio program on 170+ radio stations across the US. These are real FCC licensed radio stations. We also have more than 15 million downloads on our podcast. We are credited by Roger Ver, Gavin Andresen and Charlie Schrem as helping to give Bitcoin the initial boost it needed to get widespread adoption. We love Dash and since we are in New Hampshire, we actually get to use it. I understand that Dash is a superior tech to Bitcoin and prefer to use it over Bitcoin because of the lower fees. The Activist community here in New Hampshire has really embraced Dash.

Currently, we have are airing 3 :30 second recorded radio ads and doing one Live Read per evening. My strategy with the campaign was to use the scripts that were approved by the Core team, but to create a bunch of the same ads with different voices. This, I feel, will help function as a sort of “Word of Mouth” campaign. Listeners hear the same message repeated by many different people. We use the Live Read as an opportunity to talk about new developments in Dash; Dashforcenews.com has been invaluable for this. We also have several banners up on freetalklive.com and speak positively about Dash when the opportunity arises on air.

The price of this campaign in USDs is $11830 and that is 45 Dash at the time that I enter this, plus the 5 Dash for the fee. If the value of Dash plummets, I will bear that risk. If the value of Dash goes up against the USD sufficiently to cover an extra month, I will bonus the month of ads. If it sky rockets, yeah me, but you will still see me in 4 months :).

Ads that contain audio are generally considered to be branding ads. Branding is different that direct response, but arguably more powerful. If I ask you the name of the best brand of tires, you likely have an opinion, not because you are an expert in rubber, but because someone has branded that in your mind. Free Talk Live can help Dash become branded as Digital Cash in people's minds too. This won't be a short, easy or fast project, but Dash is better tech than Bitcoin, even if BTC has first mover advantage and name recognition. I have said this many times on the air. Other than one Monero guy trolling Joel Valenzuela when we had him as a co-host, the audience seems as happy with Dash as we are.

We love Dash and we don’t just take any advertiser on Free Talk Live. We have to believe in the product to do a Live Read. I hope you will vote to continue the ads and any comments you have are welcome. I am putting this in for 3 months of funding, but I must advise you that branding advertising is a long term endeavor. We will continue to support Dash, whatever your vote, but this will give us the opportunity to continue to discuss it nightly.

If you wish to research the previous campaign proposal, prior to the Core Team picking up the proposal, here it is: https://www.dash.org/forum/members/medgeftl.11200/#postings
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/let-the-show-that-launched-bitcoin-work-for-dash.13549/

[I will link to the audio of both Live Read ads and recorded ads when I do this for real]

Last edited:
Free Talk Live earned its badge as "the show that launched Bitcoin," and has been a great promoter of Dash. Its listeners are "ground zero" for the people who need to keep hearing about the world-freeing power of Dash. Will advocate for this proposal.

One thing: make sure you mention the amount of Dash being asked for, not the USD amount. Payouts are in Dash while the price can fluctuate wildly. Also, it would help if you mentioned a price fluctuation plan: If it goes way up, will you sponsor an extra month? If it goes down, will you eat the relative loss?

Finally, link any past proposals and post any insights from the previous campaign. Any data and anecdotes on the results of the previous campaign would be welcome.

Free Talk Live earned its badge as "the show that launched Bitcoin," and has been a great promoter of Dash. Its listeners are "ground zero" for the people who need to keep hearing about the world-freeing power of Dash. Will advocate for this proposal.

One thing: make sure you mention the amount of Dash being asked for, not the USD amount. Payouts are in Dash while the price can fluctuate wildly. Also, it would help if you mentioned a price fluctuation plan: If it goes way up, will you sponsor an extra month? If it goes down, will you eat the relative loss?

Finally, link any past proposals and post any insights from the previous campaign. Any data and anecdotes on the results of the previous campaign would be welcome.
Edits made, but I can't find the old proposal. I think it got purged.

What's the amount per month? It's unclear whether 50 is for a one-time proposal for three months worth of sponsorship, or if it's 50 Dash per month for a three-month proposal.

It is a 13 week package for $11830, which at the moment I wrote this was 45 Dash, then I added 5 for the proposal fee. I tried to clear it up a little. Thank you.

I listen to the FTL podcast just about everyday and can verify they do the live read and speak very positively about Dash. Of course if they didn't they would be lying ... and then James from AZ would be right (inside joke). I think it is a fair price - they have a big audience and deliver on what they say.

I am happy to vote yes.

Your audience is a great fit for Dash.

It is not your imagination that the proposal process is a little clunky and obtuse. Don't feel bad that you floundered somewhat the first time. You learn, you improvise, you adapt.

To really optimize your chances, you should pursue your proposal on all 3 of the big forums and also on DashCentral:

1: https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/
2: the DashNation slack channel here: https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/C2KAE71TL/
If you are not a member of the slack channel, and you absolutely should be, you may need an invite:
https://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

3: The Dash.org forum, but you're here already so that's covered.

4: The DashCentral discussion where you posted the proposal: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Cont_funding-FTL

This is kind of a nuisance, but some people primarily hang out on the subreddit. Some primarily on the slack channel, some on here (the Dash.org forum) and some only look at the proposal discussion on DashCentral.

Best of luck and carry on!

solarguy

P.S. I forgot. Don't let a question just sit there unanswered for 24 hours. It looks bad.

I am happy to vote yes.

Your audience is a great fit for Dash.

It is not your imagination that the proposal process is a little clunky and obtuse. Don't feel bad that you floundered somewhat the first time. You learn, you improvise, you adapt.

To really optimize your chances, you should pursue your proposal on all 3 of the big forums and also on DashCentral:

1: https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/
2: the DashNation slack channel here: https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/C2KAE71TL/
If you are not a member of the slack channel, and you absolutely should be, you may need an invite:
https://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

3: The Dash.org forum, but you're here already so that's covered.

4: The DashCentral discussion where you posted the proposal: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Cont_funding-FTL

This is kind of a nuisance, but some people primarily hang out on the subreddit. Some primarily on the slack channel, some on here (the Dash.org forum) and some only look at the proposal discussion on DashCentral.

Best of luck and carry on!

solarguy

P.S. I forgot. Don't let a question just sit there unanswered for 24 hours. It looks bad.

Thanks. I will post to those sometime this weekend or Monday.

This is my first report on Dash advertising on Free Talk Live. If I am in the wrong group, let me know. I saw a group call Project Updates, but I don't have permission to post there. Also, this is kinda new to me, so if you want to see something special in my report, let me know.

We have been airing the Dash recorded ads that we produced for the Dash Foundation 3x an evening on the radio and 1x per show on the podcast. We have done a live read every evening that is about 60 seconds long, usually followed up by a teaser for some news story at dashforcenews.com. We regularly mention Dash when we are reporting on crypto currency news and sometimes when it just fits in with other news items. Roger Ver was on to talk about the Bitcoin fork and his new crypto nation and Dash was mentioned.

This is my first report on Dash advertising on Free Talk Live. If I am in the wrong group, let me know. I saw a group call Project Updates, but I don't have permission to post there. Also, this is kinda new to me, so if you want to see something special in my report, let me know.

We have been airing the Dash recorded ads that we produced for the Dash Foundation 3x an evening on the radio and 1x per show on the podcast. We have done a live read every evening that is about 60 seconds long, usually followed up by a teaser for some news story at dashforcenews.com. We regularly mention Dash when we are reporting on crypto currency news and sometimes when it just fits in with other news items. Roger Ver was on to talk about the Bitcoin fork and his new crypto nation and Dash was mentioned.

Very nice. Will you be mentioning Dash at the Texas Bitcoin Conference? Also, will you have me on FTL there?

Oh good! You will be there. Excellent, we will, of course, have you on. Maybe you can do some co-hosting, if there are people that you want to interview too.

Time permitting! I'm a speaker as well, and will be on the media panel, in addition to manning the Dash table on and off. I'll make time to maximize the opportunity.

See? You're catching right on.

Carry on the good work...

OK, report #2. We went to the Texas Bitcoin Conference and interviewed lots of people, including Joel of Dash Force News, about all things crypto and, of course mentioned Dash regularly. We set up an interview with Danny Sessoms from the Crypto Show once he gets his earthquake relief efforts started. There has been much talk on the air as to the future of bitcoin, now that the Fork didn't happen. Dash is obviously an upgrade and we use it in real life to make purchases here in NH. So, I am less and less enamored with Bitcoin Core, these days. We have been airing the Dash recorded ads that we produced for the Dash Foundation 3x an evening on the radio and 1x per show on the podcast. We have done a live read every evening that is about 60 seconds long, usually followed up by a teaser for some news story at dashforcenews.com.

DASH Report #3: On 11-12-17 at 8:12p Eastern. We reported on DASH's new lower fees. 11-13-17 9p Call from happy guy thanking us for talking about DASH. We have been really pushing DASH as an alternative to BTC's high fees. DASH is used regularly among the activists in New Hampshire and we hope to spread that through Free Talk Live. We have been airing the Dash recorded ads that we produced for the Dash Foundation 3x an evening on the radio and 1x per show on the podcast. We have done a live read every evening that is about 60 seconds long, usually followed up by a teaser for some news story at dashforcenews.com.

Thanks for the updates Mark. As a long time FTL podcast listener I can verify that the live reads are happening everyday and usually there is some other positive comment about Dash some time during the show .... how can there not be when compared to BTC ;-)

I just got this from my Co-Host, Ian: The GM (General Manager) of the station we have... in Guam says that his listeners are giving feedback showing they are more interested in our discussions about cryptocurrency than about libertarianism.

Dash Report #4: Besides the 1 Live Read per evening which we try to include a little bit of Dash news and the 3 recorded ads per show on the radio and 1 per show on the podcast, we did a special announcement on 12-6-17 announcing and all businesses in Keene, NH that where taking Bitcoin, are now taking DASH. We support Dash in taking over where Bitcoin Core has become unusable from a practical standpoint.

Back