• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash proposals

just wanted to do a post for you
but all links (clicking on proposals) are 404

Hi tungfa, you are right. Only the proposal "compensate-testers" is working because it's the only one with the protocol in the URL.
I'll try to create a work around and will let you know so you can share it ;)
thanks

I use it just to know if the page is interesting and useful. Normally, I think if it's useful for me it will be useful for others, but I don't want to maintain something useless.
With google analytics I know the number of visits the page gets and that's all I want to know. Yes, I get a lot more information but can I get your privacy compromised?No.
I can't because I don't have any way to relate visits to you which is not the case on websites like dashtalk (with registered users).
On the other hand I'm sure you know every page can be doing the same as google analytics do and you don't have any ways to know it.
That said, I really find the feedback it gives useful but if it stops people from using it I'm really open to remove it.
Another thing you can do is checkout the code, remove the google analytics from firebase/dist/index.html and use it right from your computer. It will work, as simple as that.

I use it just to know if the page is interesting and useful. Normally, I think if it's useful for me it will be useful for others, but I don't want to maintain something useless.
With google analytics I know the number of visits the page gets and that's all I want to know. Yes, I get a lot more information but can I get your privacy compromised?No.

I don't have a problem with YOU having the information (it's in your HTTP-daemon's log anyway), but with Google, because the data goes there also and they make a) money from it and worse b) are in a (non-) jurisdiction where the NSA can put their hands on it.

If only one or two sites would use it that wouldn't be a problem, but with millions of sites using it Google can track large parts of your web-browsing behaviour.

Not good!

Hey,
Nice Job!

You know what would be a good addition: if you put the commands to vote yeah or nay on each proposal, below each box.

Pablo.

crowning I understand your point now and I do share some of your concerns. I'll do my best to find an alternative solution.
fible1 that's a great suggestion. I'll implement it right away

Last edited by a moderator:
You can find them on each thread, here is the one for tester compensation voting for your reference:

mnbudget vote-many c0e0c1a9d7b64feffae1a0c4a616ec709893a07832cb48e99fbe2d0e295c9ba7 yes

mnbudget vote-many c0e0c1a9d7b64feffae1a0c4a616ec709893a07832cb48e99fbe2d0e295c9ba7 no

:)

Pablo.

Back