• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Partnership with Transform PR

Did I miss something? How is having a professional PR firm a bad thing? I am honestly flabbergasted, losing this could set Dash back months...

you most definitely are missing alot.

The community wouldn't vote against it if things were more transparent and measurable. We want ROI.

you most definitely are missing alot.

The community wouldn't vote against it if things were more transparent and measurable. We want ROI.

Wanting more transparency is fine.

What I don't get is the logic of not funding a project that's underway, sponsored by Eduffield and if its not funded the coins will be lost anyway.

Seems very rash, not to mention the reputation problems we might have from canceling a contract halfway to completion.

What I don't get is the logic of not funding a project that's underway, sponsored by Eduffield and if its not funded the coins will be lost anyway.

Seems very rash, not to mention the reputation problems we might have from canceling a contract halfway to completion.

Bingo, it makes DASH look real good. :/

So since everything is already "ruined" show the community some analytics, make them realize the value of it, and revote it in.

It's not a hard problem to solve. They just keep linking dashtalk.org/news and acting like thats enough, and it's not. Not even close.

So since everything is already "ruined" show the community some analytics, make them realize the value of it, and revote it in.

It's not a hard problem to solve. They just keep linking dashtalk.org/news and acting like thats enough, and it's not. Not even close.

I said it's a rash move to cancel the contract that is underway, sponsored by Eduffield and if its not funded the coins will be lost anyway. Not ruined.

As for analytic's of what, followers? users? posts? and which are better?

Why don't you create a concise simple single post listing of what you want/expect of that proposal instead of just complaining that is not good enough over and over again. Anything less is proof that your aim is not to improve the community.

I said it's a rash move to cancel the contract that is underway, sponsored by Eduffield and if its not funded the coins will be lost anyway. Not ruined.

As for analytic's of what, followers? users? posts? and which are better?

Why don't you create a concise simple single post listing of what you want/expect of that proposal instead of just complaining that is not good enough over and over again. Anything less is proof that your aim is not to improve the community.

How does that workout?

I don't want to see the COMMUNITIES FUNDS wasted.

And as I have said multiple times over, supply ANY type of proof they are working hard and its worth the money spent. Just as is requested of every single other person proposing things to the network.

What makes Evans proposals special? Why does he get a free pass not to ask the PR company to provide information on what we are paying for?

In this thread you are the only person calling you a fucking troll - don't try to play this game.
I started watching Evans videos on Dash on 12/1/2015 and since then here is a list of the things I have been doing, which for the record is more than all of you sitting around calling me a fucking troll. So forgive my language for feeling slighted.

My personal website/blog about DASH with a link directory, video library etc: http://www.thedashguy.com/
My twitter with 510 posts in under a 2 month period( I MUST be a troll huh?) https://twitter.com/TheDashGuy
My instragram (originally started out with this): https://www.instagram.com/thedashguy/
My DT account with 629 posts, 539 likes on my posts in under 2 months: https://dashtalk.org/members/thedashguy.4535/

Not to mention I did dashndrink.com for FREE
AND I did thedailydecrypt.com for FREE.

edit: Oh an I can now say I was "responsible" for blowing up the shitty use of the budget on some half baked PR Company.

And I was called out for "chatting too much on slack" must count for something. Right?

Is that not enough for you in my TWO WHOLE MONTHS I have been here? Literally watched my first Dash video on 12/1/15....

I like your achievements from the past.
However I wrote clearly that I would expect you to offer something better or with the comparable value and impact in place for Transform PR project. Not theoretical posts saying that we should do something as a community or what should the others do. What do you offer instead? Hard and soft benefits please.
Since you have made this crusade and consider yourself a "winner", show us what we have won from you as a community. Be responsible for your actions and act as an adult man.

I will provide some raw numbers after this voting is closed - analytics cannot be provided after 3 weeks of project duration (as I already stated - you have no idea what you are writing about but still producing the same content).

Last edited by a moderator:
In this thread you are the only person calling you a fucking troll - don't try to play this game.

I like you achievements from the past.
However I wrote clearly that I would expect you to offer something better or with the comparable value and impact in place for Transform PR project. Not theoretical posts saying that we should do something as a community or what should the others do. What do you offer instead? Hard and soft benefits please.
Since you have made this crusade and consider yourself a "winner", show us what we have won from you as a community. Be responsible for your actions and act as an adult man.

I will provide some raw numbers after this voting is closed - analytics cannot be provide after 3 weeks of project duration (as I already stated - you have no idea what you are writing about but still producing the same content).

I'll write a post regarding your point (and hopefully address the rest of the community that is dissatisfied with me) in the morning (its 11pm), I think I can see your point and its quite simple to address but I will just give you the short version for now, and will go into further detail when I get a chance to write a long chunked out thoughtful post in the morning/tomorrow.

You are absolutely correct, my recent attitude has been completely wrong and unnecessary. There are more effective ways for me to "lobby" and make my point and I apologize for offending you. I do know what I'm talking about though and it would take quite a wall of text to convince you of this, so I won;t bother arguing any further on that part of it for now. You'll just have to see for yourself.

Again, apologies for offending anyone, don't go banning me overnight now. I've already been warned by a moderator I can faithfully say is not "out to get me" and agree. You may not agree with my methods, but I obviously am effective.

edit: And I also wanted to say an anon Dasher will be lending me use of a vote, so I can cast my ballot and back up my vote instead of tear peoples opinions apart from the sidelines. So hooray for that! Happy to be able to be part of this awesome system and I totally appreciate everyone here. Regardless if I agree with you or not.

TheDashGuy
It will be very easy to convince me without a wall of text - I am not interested in graphomania but in facts.

EDIT: Personally I do not feel offended and you do not need to apologize. Your language and behavior say a lot about you but it does not offend me - it may offend you only. I do not care about it - I care about the project. In my opinion the project just lost the best opportunity and partnership we have ever had due to your personal crusade. I am simply expecting that you are offering us a project/proposal equally good or better.

acidburn
Yes, it looks like it is lost.

Was this lost?
Yep, community decided to follow the lobbying of TheDashGuy and reject the Transform PR proposal in its current form - he is a good spin doctor.

[...] apologize for offending you. [...]
I don't think kot is offended, he is just curious how your actions will substantiate your words. You've lobbied for a alternative PR approach, now go on and do it.

[...]I do know what I'm talking about though and it would take quite a wall of text to convince you of this[...]

We've had grassroots PR for almost 2 years, and we did not get much traction from it. We don't need another "wall of text" from you, just fix the Dash PR in a way we did not try yet.

As a starter, why not publish the article from alex-ru:

Well, I wrote a good article - https://dashtalk.org/threads/evolution-of-money-cryptocurrency-self-published-dash-mentioned.5624/
Please could you publish it with "do it yourself" approach (without spam) so it can reach at least 10.000 readers? Please do it and you will better understand why "do it yourself" is not always a good and effective idea.

flare

Saying the community was swayed by Dashguy's logorrhea/logomania is borderline offensive. :)

He had very little to do with it. I hope the Dashguy doesn't get offended by this statement.

Terpin PR is basically the go to agency present at all these crypto conferences. Yes, they do accept crypto but them accepting crypto should not be the only criteria that matters here. I haven't seen any big hit PR piece coming from this partnership except for low profile articles on niche cryptowebsites and low profile PR stunts and some low profile invites to community google hangouts where the hosts are desperate to get projects like Dash on anyways. I didn't see any Forbes or CNBC article talking about Dash. Why haven't we?

Hiring a professional PR agency can't hurt but I'm not sure the way Terpin PR handles things is effective. I know projects that have used Terpin PR for years like Mastercoin, Maidsafe or Storj. Where are they now in terms of market cap and community? Are you impressed with those results?

Now, if there is a contract in place it should be followed through but the very fact you can change the vote makes it weird. Why wasn't this very fact taken into account from the get go?

Yeah, Evan took it down in a sensible and responsible move. TheDashGuy did absolutely nothing but make a spectacle of himself.
To think he actually made a dent into serious investor's voting opinion is to seriously discredit their IQ.

Mastercoin, Maidsafe or Storj never worked properly. You can advertise bad products with the best PR, it will help, but not do miracles. Terpin is not responsible for sub-par products.

I don't know if Terpin was involved, but those crowd sales were absolutely impressive.

I think this is just the next phase of trolling for DASH. The old movement were identified almost immediately by strangers so they had to change tactics. They moved among us and did 'positive' things for DASH, for a while. And the friendly community you guys and girls welcomed them

We just escaped giving one 300K (over 99 payments) and just lost our most important (next to core dev) budget to these rats. Here they used the arguments we had against the “Vendor-experience” against ourselves. Most people probably walked right into this.

With the success of DASH recently we also get more pro trolls. I see a lot of respected community members talking to and discussing with these trolls, this gives them respect in the eyes of the casual reader

The “community” needs to find a defense against this. And look at themselves. Stopping the best PR we could ever have? We used to be so good at ignoring the trolls and now we are welcoming and talking to them on BCT and DT? Why?

I'm afraid it will only get worse.

Yeah, Evan took it down in a sensible and responsible move. TheDashGuy did absolutely nothing but make a spectacle of himself.
To think he actually made a dent into serious investor's voting opinion is a seriously discredit their IQ.

Mastercoin, Maidsafe or Storj never worked properly. You can advertise bad products with the best PR, it will help, but not do miracles. Terpin is not responsible for sub-par products.

I don't know if Terpin was involved, but those crowd sales were absolutely impressive.

Evan took it down? What do you mean?

I don't believe those are failed projects at all. If you check out their development feed, they are very much active and lots of code is being created daily. I believe they are working on cool things, all these 3 projects. You can make same argument about Dash - it takes whole day to anonymize coins and InstantX can only send a small amount currently. Bitcoin's Coinjoin on websites like blockchain.info takes much less so it's not like Dash is perfect either at this point in time.

I think this is just the next phase of trolling for DASH. The old movement were identified almost immediately by strangers so they had to change tactics. They moved among us and did 'positive' things for DASH, for a while. And the friendly community you guys and girls welcomed them

We just escaped giving one 300K (over 99 payments) and just lost our most important (next to core dev) budget to these rats. Here they used the arguments we had against the “Vendor-experience” against ourselves. Most people probably walked right into this.

With the success of DASH recently we also get more pro trolls. I see a lot of respected community members talking to and discussing with these trolls, this gives them respect in the eyes of the casual reader

The “community” needs to find a defense against this. And look at themselves. Stopping the best PR we could ever have? We used to be so good at ignoring the trolls and now we are welcoming and talking to them on BCT and DT? Why?

I'm afraid it will only get worse.

This is KGB/Gestapo/Stasi/FSB/CIA type thinking. Everyone's out to get us so we must close up and ban NGOs and kill/imprison all the opposition.

It's just a thesis - didn't want to hurt anyones feelings.

I have zero interest in discussing this topic any further, it's simply above my pay grade. Let the PR guys take care of the PR, i am doing different things in the meantime :)
Fair enough. :)

Back