• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash OTC exchange (Wall of Coins website and API)

1. Based on your calculations, you have submitted a proposal with full funding of private business’s costs to integrate Dash. Would you be willing to share this cost and make an investment on your side (e.g. half of the cost)? I would feel more comfortable if you share the risk and cost of integration (as the profit will be on your side anyway).
2. Would you be willing to work with one of our PMs on status review and progress reporting?

Thanks Robert, I really appreciate that you can see the work put into the proposal. In fact, there are far more details that could go into the proposal. As you can likely guess, my full time of work is with Genitrust, and Dash is my new passion. Obsession is a better word:)

1. Genitrust, as a company, will only take the risk of Dash/WOC integration if it does not effect our current projects or resources. Although this is a strict limitation, my personal interest and belief in Dash has developed to where I'm thinking of other ways to fund this integration.

2. Yes! This is a great idea!

Hey Robert,
Thanks for the response and willing to find other ways to fund this integration. This project looks really interesting, however $80k paid for the private company to develop and run their own business is hardly acceptable for the network (as you could see from the voting results). Integration in the Wall of Coins Platform would be nice, however all profits from this integration would go to your company. Therefore I think it is fair to expect Genitrust to participate in the project funding.
I believe that if you would take part of the risk, the result of the voting would be better.

Thank you for willing to work with our PM, in case the project is accepted. Let's talk about the details after the voting closure.

Thank you for the reply!

What do you all think about a live AMA later today (within 12 hours) or the next day?

Hey Robert,
Thanks for the response and willing to find other ways to fund this integration. This project looks really interesting, however $80k paid for the private company to develop and run their own business is hardly acceptable for the network (as you could see from the voting results). Integration in the Wall of Coins Platform would be nice, however all profits from this integration would go to your company. Therefore I think it is fair to expect Genitrust to participate in the project funding.
I believe that if you would take part of the risk, the result of the voting would be better.

Thank you for willing to work with our PM, in case the project is accepted. Let's talk about the details after the voting closure.

As you've mentioned, "...however all profits from this integration would go to your company." This is absolutely not true: profits would also be shared with Dash app developers that integrate the API. This is what Wall of Coins is; this is how Wall of Coins works. I'd like to bring up some points:

1. The company will ultimately have to pay staff members for training, for financial operations, handling customer cases, and acting as a 1-800-DASH-HOTLINE to support the newcomers of the community. This is not included as a use for the Dash treasury funds; it is an ongoing operational expense that the company will incur. This is still a costly risk for the company. Considering the many benefits that are listed and are not listed in the proposal, what's the problem with WOC making an income to support these operations?

2. Code maintenance, bug fixes, server maintenance and scaling, future upgrades, etc. are not factored in with the budget, either. Nor are other expenses factored in such as Dash advertising and marketing campaigns, our in-house sales team to help other companies, individuals, and developers understand the importance of Dash, etc. Naturally, Wall of Coins fee revenue is used to for these costs as well, and Genitrust/WOC finances to support these operations also greatly add to the Dash ecosystem.

3. Our platform offers the entire Dash community an *additional* revenue stream opportunity, a revenue stream separate from the treasury budget. This is huge, and it is basically a revenue share for developers and websites that use the Wall of Coins API or web widget. No other platform offers this to the level that we do. (Our next update addresses this thoroughly.)

Genitrust, of course, is a corporation that has a lot to offer, and the Wall of Coins platform *specifically* focuses on adoption and accessibility! Even though it makes more business and financial sense to integrate Ethereum, Steem, or Monero, I would much rather see Dash integrated. This is my personal wish based on what i've learned in a short time about Dash, and this is not the collective view point of Genitrust. I believe something will be worked out, I do feel good about this, so thank you for being so direct and frank! :)

And don't forget: what do you all think about a live AMA later today (within 12 hours) or the next day?

@rgenito
AMA might be a good idea, however today or tomorrow might be too short notice to get everyone interested in this proposal(not each MN owner visits the forum on daily basis).

qwizzie and kot: thank you both :) all of the feedback is much interested. posting a proposal tonight... crowd fund + dash treasury supplementation!

Back