• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open

raganius

cryptoPag.com
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hey there, there's an yearly tennis championship here, and I am in talks with the organisation in order to get DASH promoted (banners, t-shirts, caps, etc.)

If it suceeds, we'll have very good exposure towards key people.

More news here soon.

Stay tuned! :wink:

edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
For the graphics, I have been sketching the following:

For the banner I'm thinking about something like this:

"a revolutionary, safe and decentralised payments technology"

"START USING TODAY!"

So that, when the QR is scanned the user will be forwarded to the Android wallet download page at Google Play (as the user will probably be using an Android device while scanning).

The cap would be:
2625e7c.jpg

And also, I had the idea of rewarding the winner with a DASH paper wallet (preloaded maybe with 10DASH).
2itov3t.jpg

They have seven categories in this tournament, so it'd be necessary 7 different paperwallets (perhaps this "Sonic" example could be used for the children's and teen's categories award).

Of course, the idea is to leave the DASH address/QR of the paperwallet exposed to the public during the tournament, in order that it receives "donations": This way (ideally), the prize will be gradually more valuable; and at the same time, people, by seeing this, will understand better how it works, and get used to the idea of addresses, paper wallets, etc).

(these are just paint brush sketches, as I am not very good with drawings, design, etc :oops:)

edit: the address in the paper wallet is NOT the address to the prize! It's just an example!

For the graphics, I have been sketching the following:

For the banner I'm thinking about something like this:

"a revolutionary, safe and decentralised payments technology"

"START USING TODAY!"

So that, when the QR is scanned the user will be forwarded to the Android wallet download page at Google Play (as the user will probably be using an Android device while scanning).

The cap would be:
2625e7c.jpg

And also, I had the idea of rewarding the winner with a DASH paper wallet (preloaded maybe with 10DASH).
2itov3t.jpg

They have seven categories in this tournament, so it'd be necessary 7 different paperwallets (perhaps this "Sonic" example could be used for the children's and teen's categories award).

Of course, the idea is to leave the DASH address/QR of the paperwallet exposed to the public during the tournament, in order that it receives "donations": This way (ideally), the prize will be gradually more valuable; and at the same time, people, by seeing this, will understand better how it works, and get used to the idea of addresses, paper wallets, etc).

(these are just paint brush sketches, as I am not very good with drawings, design, etc :oops:)

edit: the address in the paper wallet is NOT the address to the prize! It's just an example!
Absolutely fantastic:grin:

Update: I have been studying the costs for the sponsorship materials. Here's what I got so far:
* BRL/DASH prices according to dashnegocios.com/p/exchange.html (1 DASH = 8.15 BRL)

- The Banner (around 150cm x 40cm) is quite cheap, BRL60.00 (around 7,36196319 DASH). Each sponsor will pay for their own banner (and it's possible to have more than one, as well as bigger dimensions for it - price varies proportionally);

- The T-Shirts costs will be shared with the other sponsors. Each sponsor will contribute with BRL200.00 (around 24.5398773 DASH). In this case, instead of a DASH logo, I prefer a DASHpag (www.DASHpag.com) logo, because it's specific to serve the Brazilian people (Portuguese language);

- The Cap will be the more expensive here: BRL1,440.00 (around 176,68711656 DASH). This price is for 200 caps with the DASH logo (no other sponsor will be providing caps);

- The Paperwallets. I am not sure if it is a good idea after all, because there's the risk that the person receiving it might not be interested enought and end up losing or destroying it (and I don't feel comfortabe with the idea of wasting DASH). I could do it differently, giving as a prize for each winner a "ticket" which could be exchanged for an X amount of DASH only IF the person installs his/her own wallet, and creates a receiving address (but this might not be the best way to teach users about "paperwallets").

Anyway, I think that the idea of a money prize with DASH would be cool, but really not sure how to do it safely...

The Championship will be during the month of August, so I guess we'll have plenty of time for all the details.

In order to make it easier for me to bear these costs, I have decided to create this DASH contribution address at XqmYyTcrxhe9FvmdAvZ3u15NVeLZqfqT8W, so any help will be very welcome.

Pricing received for the caps:
21otfl.jpg

Sketches, so far:

BANNER

T-SHIRT LOGO: Please check at dashtalk.org/threads/dashpag.5402

CAP
2625e7c.jpg

2ihrzao.jpg

(edit: cap layout updated)

Update:

Today I have ordered the 200 DASH caps, exactly as shown in the updated layout above :cool:

I have also ordered two banners: the DASH/Android Wallet QT link one (with dimensions 175cm x 40cm), and another "DASHpag" banner (with dimensions 60cm x 80cm).

Finally, I have also ordered 1,000 flyers (dimensions 15cm x 21cm) with exactly the same contents of the "DASHpag banner". They'll be distributed around the city, as well as during the tennis championship :wink: I aim to turn Angra dos Reis into the DASH capital of Brazil!

9592b62ddae0.jpg

Great initiative! I am not sure such actions can be financially effective - but anyway it is a way of preparation for some future effective PR-actions.

IMHO we need some critical mass (>10%?) to start chain reaction in local communities. So it may be better on earlier stage to concentrate our efforts on small communities - that are most interested in Dash to get best results.

Great initiative! I am not sure such actions can be financially effective - but anyway it is a way of preparation for some future effective PR-actions.

IMHO we need some critical mass (>10%?) to start chain reaction in local communities. So it may be better on earlier stage to concentrate our efforts on small communities - that are most interested in Dash to get best results.
Very cool image, thanks! I wonder if we could make a paperwallet design from it. I still would like to be awarding winners with DASH (as it would be very didactic as to how cryptocurrencies work).

I hope it will be worth the time and money I've been spending. At least it will definitelly expose DASH to a very nice public from many regions in Brazil (because they receive competitors from many different origins here). The competition location is very central in the city, and DASH logo (and Hash Engineering's link) will be visible even to non tennis related public for more than a month (From August 8th 'till September 15th) *It's in a location where many many foreign tourists pass by, so also these people may get curious about DASH, etc...

I'll deliver the flyers and caps personally to specific people that I consider key to adoption and promotion.

The tournament will be on the local TV (Rio de Janeiro statewise), newspapers, blogs, etc... hopefully DASH logo (and Hash Engineering's QT link) will be well exposed :wink:

Well, let's wait for the results now. The investment was done anyway. Now I am waiting for all the material to arrive, but all the background works are far from finished: I (we) need to make DASH simple for these new users.

Thanks! I'll study "how to do it safely" and confirm tou you. The problem is:

The Paperwallets. I am not sure if it is a good idea after all, because there's the risk that the person receiving it might not be interested enought and end up losing or destroying it (and I don't feel comfortabe with the idea of wasting DASH). I could do it differently, giving as a prize for each winner a "ticket" which could be exchanged for an X amount of DASH only IF the person installs his/her own wallet, and creates a receiving address (but this might not be the best way to teach users about "paperwallets").

Anyway, I think that the idea of a money prize with DASH would be cool, but really not sure how to do it safely...

Yesterday I received the banners, flyers, etc. They're great, see for yourselves:
CILuUcCWcAEh2h2.jpg

(notice: I am not as pretty as I usually am there... I guess I've been eating too much pizza recently, while reading the DASH forums...)

Another banner:
CILuU9gXAAArOKO.jpg

The flyers, well that's a lot! I expect it will be a Masternode for each one distributed:
2qjyx79.jpg

The payment receipt for these material is here:
2e49jdh.jpg

Now, I am waiting for the caps to arrive :cool:

I'll start today visiting merchants. I'll distribute the flyers, and talk to them, explain about DASH, show the wallet in action, etc. In parallel, I'll put a strong focus on bringing consummers to DASH, because I am sure this will be a dilemma...

Merchant: But, are there consumers to spend this cryptocurrency here?....

Consummer: But, are there merchants where I can spend these dash here?....

I guess nothing is easy to be started anyway...

Thank you, dark-sailor :smile:

The idea is to have DASH, its logo and core benefits, always highlighted, in order to introduce it to the Brazilian public. We still need to make DASH known here, and I believe, the sooner we start, the better.

Betwen DASHpag and DASHpay, first of all, in my opinion it made more sense to choose DASHpag, due to the fact that it aims the Brazilian users (as announced here). And this URL choice "makes sense" in Portuguese language (as explained at the announcement).

DASHpag is a project in itself: aspiring to become a DASH service provider in Brazil. Of course, it still needs a lot to become a project relevant to the DASH community, but I am giving here the first steps in that direction.

But notice, as I said before, that DASH, the name, the logo, the idea, is always centerpiece in everything that I am doing in this project.

And, besides, I felt that I could not simply adopt "dashpay", as it could be misunderstood, by giving the false impression that I am speaking in the name of the developers, or that I am acting on behalf of the community. I am working on my own here. Of course I need and I would love to have partners, more help, etc, but I am sure that what has to be, will be: if I start the ball rolling, people will come, and help will be plenty :wink:

The caps arrived this afternoon. Great! 200 caps in total.

29o2yky.jpg

Now I'll pack them inside a "kit" containing the flyer with some information about DASH, as well as my DASHpag contact info.

24wx0ep.jpg

This kit will be distributed to the tennis open participants (competitors and organisation staff). As I'll only need only around 100 caps for distribution (200 units was the minimun quantity demanded from the manufacturer to be produced).

In order to make it easier for me to bear all the costs I have invested, I'll put 80 of the remaining caps for sale at the "DASH fan store": if any of you is interested in buying/helping, the total price ( + international shipment) there is 12,875 DASH (no shipment for Brazil: 2,45 DASH each cap).

I'll keep 10 of the remaining as a gift for the first 10 DASH merchants in the City of Angra dos Reis (the city hosting this tennis open).

Back