• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash on OPSKINS? Please read @ mods.

Klossie

Intro: I don't believe anybody has posted about this yet.
OPSKINs is the largest marketplace for converting in game counterstrike virtual items into Fiat. Counterstrike is in the top 5 largest online multiplayer games worldwide; attracting over 10 million monthly active users on the platform of steam. The in-platform market for items on STEAM market is over $4 billion per month. OPSKINS's does over $100M in transactions per month (These are private figures but released by the CEO a couple months ago on twitter). Now heres the thing; they accept bitcoin. I bought a $1500 dollar item and used it for a month & then sold it and had a cash out in bitcoin; the fees were 8%!! The length of time insanely long. They are a Canadian based company, a pretty young company.

Core: This is a young company; which has seen extremely high growth in a short period. This is no small marketplace either; it is the most dominant. I really do see room to improve the customers and client base's utility because cash'ing out is the reason why most people use it (STEAM's marketplace is a closed system, the only way to cash out is a third party). People also use it to convert their gambling winnings into fiat. Now thats another thing, gambling within the virtual gaming community of counterstrike is insanely huge, yes immoral but supposedly because kids are gambling virtual items it circumnavigates the law.

This is a huge opportunity for both them to cut their fees by 7% they would earn so much more. The clients would retain more of their value and its a win for dash increasing users by the sheer utility of the coin. You can deposit and withdraw in bitcoin so therefore the exact same could be done for dash; Maybe after dash is adopted on coinbase (Which I hope is something a decent budget is going into, maybe incentivising coinbase to accept dash in a business manner as coinbase is a for-profit investor funded company.)

Is there anyway that the marketing team could look into this. It's maybe a market you have not thought of; but definitely not one to shy away from!

I sent a message to support to ask them If they have heard about it & am waiting for a reply (get the ball rolling slowly because I was a big client on their website).

Also on a side note; I attend the most prestigious finance university in Italy; Universita Bocconi; which attracts the wealthiest families children all across Europe. You should look to coming to give a speech here; There is big money to go around. Smart money. The Director of the school is the ex-prime minister so no easy feat. Tim cook was here too not a long time ago. If this is something you may be interested in I can contact administration & see if there is a way to incorporate an event; Strange enough I have met a couple crypto fans already.

Regards,
Stefan

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 14.16.36.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 14.16.36.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 83
Back