Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash Needs to Move to Proof Of Stake

Discussion in 'Budget Proposal Discussions' started by Kevin Stalker, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Are you talking just to hear yourself talk?

LTC scammed us waayyy back by "developing" an ASIC-inevitable algo and advertising it as the opposite...

Privileged mining is a security measure, not a hippie-love matter. If it has the byproduct of lowering power consumption, that's cute I guess...

It's getting harder and harder to find worthwhile conversation...

2. W4lterWyte

W4lterWyte New Member

This idea seems ok, but I'd like to stick with what's working at the moment and let evolution roll out over the next year or two before making major underlying changes.

3. Kevin Stalker

Kevin Stalker Member

You're saying POS failed miserably, but aren't the masternodes an example of POS? I'm saying that they are, and that they haven't failed, and that they can be used to solve the problem. I am also saying that there is a problem with POW, which is that it costs a lot of electricity, and as a result will be thought of as old fashioned when the world sorts itself out. I don't think I am going backwards, or that I am going to an old fashioned POS model. I'm looking for something new, that's safe, and doesn't cost the earth.

4. Kevin Stalker

Kevin Stalker Member

actually, i agree, we should stop this discussion now and leave it for a while. Maybe we can think about it again when evolution is running. This is just to get us thinking, because I think it will take a year or two and things move fast in this industry

5. Kevin Stalker

Kevin Stalker Member

Wow - I have just heard Ryan Taylor saying that he thinks Dash should reduce its reliance on POW, using masternodes to support the security, etc. This is EXACTLY what I was proposing here. If we can write the code and make it completely reliable, POS is the future. Its not easy, but we are closer than most.