• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Mining equipment

Viking

Ive been gpu and cpu mining dash on all my home computers for a few days now as an experiment to see if it's something I want to get into.

I've decided that I do because it's fun (in a strange way) and holds promise.

The next logical step is to buy a dedicated machine to mine. There's so much info out there that it's hard to find an easy answer for a newbie like me.

I'm just looking for a machine for mining dash at a respectable rate. It would have to be house friendly, I can't have something that sounds like a hovercraft breakdancing in the next room. I also live in the Uk if that somehow changes the answer.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Ive been gpu and cpu mining dash on all my home computers for a few days now as an experiment to see if it's something I want to get into.

I've decided that I do because it's fun (in a strange way) and holds promise.

The next logical step is to buy a dedicated machine to mine. There's so much info out there that it's hard to find an easy answer for a newbie like me.

I'm just looking for a machine for mining dash at a respectable rate. It would have to be house friendly, I can't have something that sounds like a hovercraft breakdancing in the next room. I also live in the Uk if that somehow changes the answer.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
I recommend Baikal Cube Miner for a start and best for home mining

Thanks for the response. I can't seem to find a UK seller or the price. Am I missing something or are they just impossible to get hold of at the moment?

Thanks for the response. I can't seem to find a UK seller or the price. Am I missing something or are they just impossible to get hold of at the moment?
At moment, finding Baikal Cube Miner is kind of difficult and if you get one, the price too is high. But i have an order from Official Baikal with Order Number which i haven't yet paid for so if you want, i could give the logins to you (Including mail and Baikal Account) for you to change the details (passwords, ids, shipping address, etc) to your details and deal with baikal directly for the miner (Contacted Baikal's Customer Service, they have 22 of this batch left). All i ask in return is a dash or BTC reward from you after your shipment has been paid for and status updated on the baikal website. You could get the miner from them not more than $990 - $1000 shipping included (Outside Baikal its $1400 or higher).

I am willing to trust that you will honour your side of the deal should you decide to go ahead with it. Let me know what you think.

Baikal is the way to go on DASH mining at the moment, but their own website is usually out of stock, and not very good at updates. Having said that, Baikal are very reliable once you place an order. I absolutely trust them. They're based in China and you need to get comfortable with ordering goods from there. I do it regularly via Alibaba.
Davis Wilson's above deal sounds like a good one, once you feel comfortable with the details (I would jump at the chance if the details worked).
The resellers for Baikal really bump up the price and you need to look at the economics.
Really hard to justify paying more than Baikal's prices!
Baikal's current price for the "Cube" is $800 +/_ which is a bit of a jump from the previous offer of a mini-miner @ $300 (but hashing power is double for the Cube). The cube can still pay for itself in considerably less than a year, depending on electricity costs + current DASH ex rate and diffficulty. "Cube" hash rate 300MH/s, "mini" = 150MH/s. They have discontinued the "Giant " and "Mini" at least for the moment, so "cube" is the only option. Even the "Cube" is sold out, so no options really.
The Baikal miners are economical on power compared to other miners on the market, which is a big consideration. Do your own maths using one of the mining calculator websites. Take care, there are some scams out there ref buying the Baikals!!!
As many people on other forums will suggest, it may be a more lucrative to just buy & trade DASH, instead of mining. For me, I enjoy mining and I have 1 mini & am expecting a Cube within the next day or two (both direct from Baikal). Due to the difficulty of getting DSH/X11 ASIC miners, you could also consider he possibility of mining another altcoin such as Litecoin and converting the proceeds to DSH. Easy to get cheap LTC miners (but they won't make you much money!).
I've been looking at the following site for X11 miners, as well as some of the other miners (always stay flexible in your mining plans): https://www.eastshore.xyz/
Some of their prices are ridiculous, but some are ok. Again, mostly sold out for DASH mining.

BTW, my Baikal "mini" is almost silent. The "cube" appears to be a very similar unit, so hopefully the noise from it will not be a problem either.

EDIT: Just to mention that the Baikals won't generally come with a Power Supply so you need to do some homework on what they need. The resellers often include the PSU into the order, but Baikal only ship the actual miner, and maybe some cables.

Last edited:
Baikal is the way to go on DASH mining at the moment, but their own website is usually out of stock, and not very good at updates. Having said that, Baikal are very reliable once you place an order. I absolutely trust them. They're based in China and you need to get comfortable with ordering goods from there. I do it regularly via Alibaba.
Davis Wilson's above deal sounds like a good one, once you feel comfortable with the details (I would jump at the chance if the details worked).
The resellers for Baikal really bump up the price and you need to look at the economics.
Baikal's current price for the "Cube" is $800 +/_ which is a bit of a jump from the previous offer of a mini-miner @ $300 (but hashing power is double for the Cube). The cube can still pay for itself in considerably less than a year, depending on electricity costs + current DASH ex rate and diffficulty. "Cube" hash rate 300MH/s, "mini" = 150MH/s. They have discontinued the "Giant " and "Mini" at least for the moment, so "cube" is the only option. Even the "Cube" is sold out, so no options really.
The Baikal miners are economical on power compared to other miners on the market, which is a big consideration. Do your own maths using one of the mining calculator websites. Take care, there are some scams out there ref buying the Baikals!!!
As many people on other forums will suggest, it may be a more lucrative to just buy & trade DASH, instead of mining. For me, I enjoy mining and I have 1 mini & am expecting a Cube within the next day or two (both direct from Baikal). Due to the difficulty of getting DSH/X11 ASIC miners, you could also consider he possibility of mining another altcoin such as Litecoin and converting the proceeds to DSH. Easy to get cheap LTC miners (but they won't make you much money!).
I've been looking at the following site for X11 miners, as well as some of the other miners (always stay flexible in your mining plans): https://www.eastshore.xyz/
Some of their prices are ridiculous, but some are ok. Again, mostly sold out for LTC mining.

BTW, my Baikal "mini" is almost silent. The "cube" appears to be a very similar unit, so hopefully the noise from it will not be a problem either.

EDIT: Just to mention that the Baikals won't generally come with a Power Supply so you need to do some homework on what they need. The resellers often include the PSU into the order, but Baikal only ship the actual miner, and maybe some cables.
The orders have work plus i contacted Baikal Customer Service and i was told that they have only 22 units left for the next batch (it was 23 actually but i gave one account to @LostInSpace and he was able to process the order and pay for it). So if you are willing i can as well give you one with the above mentioned condition trusting that you will do same.

Some of their prices are ridiculous, but some are ok. Again, mostly sold out for DASH mining.

Have you tried ordering and successfully received any product from eastshore.xyz?

Hi all! Need help on mining equipment set up.
Which will be the best Pdu to spread electricity to 10 D3 miner UK plugs
Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks in advance!

Back