• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash masternode dashcore installing

Rul

Hello! How can I know that I have dash blockchain downloaded on my server? I checked
~/.dashcore map and there is dash.cli; debud.log; dashd. But sync isn't completed.

Yeah, I saw this guide. But I already start set up with official instruction. Does dashd is dash blockchain? I need to understand if I have dash blockchain on my server or no.

Yes, dashd is a full node, so it will keep a copy of the entire blockchain, about 50GB.
Even if you started with the official guide, you can still wipe and start over with the Zeus, all you need to transfer over is the BLS key. You will find it much more stable than the official instructions.

Yeah, I saw this guide. But I already start set up with official instruction. Does dashd is dash blockchain? I need to understand if I have dash blockchain on my server or no.

After a full sync the Dash blockchain shows up to blk00195 and up to rev00195 in the blocks folder inside your Dash data folder.
If you have installed WINSCP, you can login to your masternode from time to time to check the blocks folder in order to see how far your sync is.
My experience is that a full sync could take most of the day.

Don't forget to install sentinel, don't forget about the firewall part and also don't forget the cronjob part (these are all mentioned in the official instruction).
After your registered your masternode successfully, you can add it to Dash Central.

I use Dash Central to vote on budget proposals, keep an eye on any possible PoSe scores of my masternodes and to get notifications about incoming masternode payments. Also Dash Central has a monitor and automatic restart option, for when your masternode crashes.

Welcome new masternode owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rul
After a full sync the Dash blockchain shows up to blk00195 and up to rev00195 in the blocks folder inside your Dash data folder.
If you have installed WINSCP, you can login to your masternode from time to time to check the blocks folder in order to see how far your sync is.
My experience is that a full sync could take most of the day.

Don't forget to install sentinel, don't forget about the firewall part and also don't forget the cronjob part (these are all mentioned in the official instruction).
After your registered your masternode successfully, you can add it to Dash Central.

I use Dash Central to vote on budget proposals, keep an eye on any possible PoSe scores of my masternodes and to get notifications about incoming masternode payments. Also Dash Central has a monitor and automatic restart option, for when your masternode crashes.

Welcome new masternode owner.

and all completely unnecessary and not trustless. Simply use the Masternode Zeus and there is no need for some third party hack to monitor the node and restart it when it crashes, because it won't be crashing.

Yes, dashd is a full node, so it will keep a copy of the entire blockchain, about 50GB.
Even if you started with the official guide, you can still wipe and start over with the Zeus, all you need to transfer over is the BLS key. You will find it much more stable than the official instructions.
I decided to use Masternode Zeus. How can I do this successfully if now I am stuck on Dash Core installing step? I don;t have any memory to use Zeus script now. Should I delete all unneeded files? From what step do I need to tape this 3 commands for Zeus? I did "set up operating system" and "send collateral" steps.

I decided to use Masternode Zeus. How can I do this successfully if now I am stuck on Dash Core installing step? I don;t have any memory to use Zeus script now. Should I delete all unneeded files? From what step do I need to tape this 3 commands for Zeus? I did "set up operating system" and "send collateral" steps.
From the VPS server in the dash.conf file just copy the BLS key to notepad. Then go to the VPS admin panel (in the browser) and select to reinstall the OS, choose Ubuntu 21 LTS, not 22! and reimage the VPS. From there follow the Zeus instructions, you start by logging in as root again. When the zeus asks for the BLS key, just paste it back in.

From the VPS server in the dash.conf file just copy the BLS key to notepad. Then go to the VPS admin panel (in the browser) and select to reinstall the OS, choose Ubuntu 21 LTS, not 22! and reimage the VPS. From there follow the Zeus instructions, you start by logging in as root again. When the zeus asks for the BLS key, just paste it back in.
Thank you for answer! I will try

Will 21 interim be good? my service don;t have 21LTS

My Masternode status : Masternode was PoSe banned. What should I do?
You will need to issue the protx update_service... invocation usually from the core wallet.

You will need to issue the protx update_service... invocation usually from the core wallet.
I am trying to register my masternode in DashMasternodeTool and I keep getting this issue HwSessionInfo' object has no attribute 'hw_disconnect'. How can I fix this?

I am trying to register my masternode in DashMasternodeTool and I keep getting this issue HwSessionInfo' object has no attribute 'hw_disconnect'. How can I fix this?
I recommend against using the DMT, are you able to export the private keys from there? Ideally, you want to keep the owner, voting and payout keys in a Core QT wallet. The collateral remains on the trezor/ledger. Refer to this guide for some details.

Get the Core QT wallet from the official Das dot org website and install it, let it sync the chain, takes about a day to do it.

I recommend against using the DMT, are you able to export the private keys from there? Ideally, you want to keep the owner, voting and payout keys in a Core QT wallet. The collateral remains on the trezor/ledger. Refer to this guide for some details.

Get the Core QT wallet from the official Das dot org website and install it, let it sync the chain, takes about a day to do it.
I have my Dash Core installed on computer. But for what? How is it connected to my node? All my funds are on ledger.

How can I register my masternode if I installed Masternode Zeus and I don;t have bls key and any private key? I just have Zeus masternode installed on my server.

How can I register my masternode if I installed Masternode Zeus and I don;t have bls key and any private key? I just have Zeus masternode installed on my server.

This is a bit confusing, because I don't know what part of the process you are in. Do you have the 1000 Dash collateral already? Ideally, the rough outline of the process is as follows.

1. Send 1000 Dash exactly to an address in your Trezor or Ledger hardware wallet.
  2. In the Core QT Desktop wallet, issue the bls generate command this will create two keys, copy paste them to notepad. The secret key is also copied to the masternode server, the DMZ will ask for it when installing, or you can later replace using the edit dash.conf option.
  3. In the Core wallet, issue protx register_prepare and observe the required keys.
  4. To continue, click on the Receiving tab in the core wallet and for the label type in something similar to MN_Owner now press the create receiving address button. Repeat this process for the MN_Voting key and the MN_Payout key.
  5. Back in the Console, fill out the protx register_prepare command using the IP address of the VPS server (and port (9999)), the BLS key, the 3 addresses you just made and an address in your wallet that has a small amount of Dash for the fee. eg 0.0001 Dash.
  6. Then copy/paste the output it asks you to sign the message with your collateral address, this is something you need to do with the hardware wallet, instructions on how to do this come with the wallet.
  7. Once the message is signed, you can continue in the core wallet with protx register_submit this will complete the process and get the node online.
If you already have an existing MN, it is probably worth setting it up as described above again because this setup will be the least hassle and give you the most flexibility.

Reactions: Rul
This is a bit confusing, because I don't know what part of the process you are in. Do you have the 1000 Dash collateral already? Ideally, the rough outline of the process is as follows.

1. Send 1000 Dash exactly to an address in your Trezor or Ledger hardware wallet.
  2. In the Core QT Desktop wallet, issue the bls generate command this will create two keys, copy paste them to notepad. The secret key is also copied to the masternode server, the DMZ will ask for it when installing, or you can later replace using the edit dash.conf option.
  3. In the Core wallet, issue protx register_prepare and observe the required keys.
  4. To continue, click on the Receiving tab in the core wallet and for the label type in something similar to MN_Owner now press the create receiving address button. Repeat this process for the MN_Voting key and the MN_Payout key.
  5. Back in the Console, fill out the protx register_prepare command using the IP address of the VPS server (and port (9999)), the BLS key, the 3 addresses you just made and an address in your wallet that has a small amount of Dash for the fee. eg 0.0001 Dash.
  6. Then copy/paste the output it asks you to sign the message with your collateral address, this is something you need to do with the hardware wallet, instructions on how to do this come with the wallet.
  7. Once the message is signed, you can continue in the core wallet with protx register_submit this will complete the process and get the node online.
If you already have an existing MN, it is probably worth setting it up as described above again because this setup will be the least hassle and give you the most flexibility.
I am on step 3. Should I write "register prepare" in console or where? Because console answer is "Method not found".

Back