• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Kuvacash updates and activities

In my third interview with Max and James of KuvaCash, I examined their legal opinion that the new 2% tax on transactions doesn't apply to them. Dash for the win!

With regards to the impending KuvaCash launch proposal, there have been questions about if the new 2% tax applies. The new tax is very unpopular and would be a nuisance to collect etc.

https://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimba...otests-planned-against-illegal-2-tax-20181009

Spoiler: The new tax doesn't apply to Kuva/Dash and is a significant competitive advantage.

This legal opinion was determined with exhaustive, in depth analysis. There are at least three reasons why the new tax does not apply to Kuva/Dash. In addition to analyzing the specific new law itself, the legal firm examined the Finance Act, the Income Tax Act and the Mobile Banking Act, among others.

If I can boil down the 7 page conclusion even more, this is not even a grey area. The new tax does not apply. They referred to it as a “fortified” opinion. Rendering this opinion also would have significant if not severe repercussions for them (the law firm) if they were wrong.

The main arguments are:

1. The transfers are done in a cryptocurrency (Dash), which is not an e-money technically and legally.

2. Kuva never has custody of the customer’s or the merchant’s money.

3. The servers and software do not reside in Zimbabwe.
I also confirmed that this is a real law firm that deals routinely with these specific kinds of legal and bureaucratic questions.
This is fantastic news.

Back