• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Kuvacash updates and activities

Moved

PS. I see you already have a similar thread here. Should I merge these two into one?

Hi Udjin, much appreciated! I did try to transfer it over but there was a word limit to the thread so edited it again to fit. If you can just use the op from the one I posted across (the similar thread) that would be great

KUVACASH JANUARY 2018 - WEBINAR 004 - 31/01/2018

A genuine thank you to all of our supporters so far, and we appreciate everyone who has helped us to keep Kuvacash moving quickly over January!
Drako, James and Steve are hosting a live webinar to provide a debrief of December/January activities, introduce other members of the team and answer any questions from the community.
In summary;

1. License application process fully submitted with Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, currently under review
2. Requirements and legal team lead introductions
3. Application development progress - summary
4. Zimbabwe - update regarding interim government
5. VCO Update

Wednesday 31st January @ 11am PST/2pm EST/7pm GMT
Live link:

Frame48 documentary series - please vote for the proposal on DC. Reproduced my comments on this great team helping us to document and get support for our project from key people and partners:

I'd like to give a heads-up regarding our great experience in LA with the Frame48 guys, relating to the video trailer above (and other material which they captured which is to come).

Frame48 (Seth and his crew) were an extremely dynamic and professional production team, having both the skills and vision required to develop a powerful story of what we at Kuva, together with the wider Dash community, are doing to effect meaningful positive change. I have now shown the video to a number of people; it really helps them understand more deeply what the issue is, specifically why we are landing Dash to Zimbabwe as a start in order to 'put a private bank in the hands of every person in Africa'.

Production of this series will help us to develop an ongoing story which we can share very broadly to get the right kind of support from people and partners who can help us. We also want to make sure we capture the process and history of getting Dash landed in this way, so please do consider supporting this proposal

Mini-Update March 07 2018 to cover the rest of Feb-March activities;
1. Ongoing discussions with regulator in Zimbabwe - successful pre-release product demonstration!
2. Initial business structure finalised and established in Nevis
3. Ongoing discussions with several partners (transportation, health, manufacturing)
4. Ongoing product development, on-target for pre-pilot launch (this is likely to be following the elections, which have been brought forward by the provisional government in Zimbabwe and potentially will be held in June2018)
5. New team members on-ramped - Spyridon Antonopoulos (VP Partnerships) and Judith Miara (VP Legal, Finance and Operations)
6. VCO provisionally scheduled for end of March/April - pending completion of legal work
Further news;
James Saruchera has relocated to Zimbabwe from Sydney - Frame 48 have successfully funded the first episode of Starting from Scratch, which will be shot in Zimbabwe over the next two months, we're very excited about this because we feel that capturing the story will help us provide additional transparency about the Kuva project and attract stronger strategic partnerships - We're planning to hold a live webinar update around end of March/beginning April in synch with the VCO launch.

Any questions, please post below!

KUVACASH April 2018 - WEBINAR 005 - 05/04/2018

A genuine thank you to all of our supporters so far, and we appreciate everyone who has helped us to keep Kuvacash moving so fast!
Drako, James and Steve are hosting a live webinar and Q&A to provide a debrief of Feb-March 2018 (inclusive) activities, and answer any questions from the community.

A lot of excellent news to share with everyone this webinar, VCO update, finances, partnerships and activities on the ground in Zimbabwe.

Kuvacash April Update Webinar 005
Thursday 5th April @ 12pm PST/3pm EST/8pm GMT

Link below:

Hello Dashers,
As per our previous update, we have now posted the Kuvacash Base Funding 002 proposal on Dashcentral. The link is here;

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/KuvacashBaseFunding002

This funding will allow us to further expand our development teams (partner, product and software) and keep up the considerable traction we have achieved so far in these domains. As always, we deeply appreciate your support and hope you have enjoyed both watching and being a part of our ambitious project. More information about Kuvacash here, why and how we are getting this achieved with Dash, on Drako's just-released podcast interview with James Stewart on Coinstart:

https://medium.com/teamcoinstart/po...ion-for-zimbabwes-hyperinflation-78e5c2267570

Thank you,

The Kuva Team

Hi Dashers,
***********IMPORTANT UPDATE***********
We are consulting with the MNO network and putting the VCO itself to a vote to ensure MNO's are comfortable with us using this method to drive engagement. Please take a look here, and don't forget to vote on both the Kuvacash Base Funding 002 proposal and also the VCO Consultative Proposal:

VCO Kuvacash consultative vote for MNO's - https://www.dashcentral.org/p/VCO-KUVACASH-VOTE
Thanks,
Drako

Hi Dashers,
******WEBINAR AND MIN| UPDATE*********

Kuvacash has officially been granted their ADLA license in Zimbabwe by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ). This is a mini-update which covers the license grant, and what our next steps will be - please see the embedded video below;

Thanks to the Dash community for the support they have given us over the last 8 months, and to MNO's for voting in our funding and allowing this ambitious project to happen.

If you have not voted on our Base Funding Proposal 002 please do so here:

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/KuvacashBaseFunding002

Thank you!
James, Drako, Steve

*****NOTE UPDATED TIME - WEBINAR UPDATE JUNE 2018 - 006 | LIVE FROM MONEYCONF DUBLIN****

Hi Dashers,
The Kuvacash team is in Dublin, along with Dash Core reps. We have a lot of updates to share, please join us for a big webinar. We will be streaming direct from our exhibit with Dash Core at Moneyconf in Dublin, connection allowing.

Hope to see you there!

Time and date: Wednesday 13th June at 16:00 GMT/12pm EST/8am PST.
Link:

Thanks,
Drako

Last edited:
*****NOTE UPDATED TIME - WEBINAR UPDATE JUNE 2018 - 006 | LIVE FROM MONEYCONF DUBLIN****

Hi Dashers,
The Kuvacash team is in Dublin, along with Dash Core reps. We have a lot of updates to share, please join us for a big webinar. We will be streaming direct from our exhibit with Dash Core at Moneyconf in Dublin, connection allowing.

Hope to see you there!

Time and date: Wednesday 13th June at 16:00 GMT/12pm EST/8am PST.
Link:

Thanks,
Drako
Would have loved to have been at MoneyConf but circumstances didn't allow this year. Hopefully next...

I'll give you a few teaser paragraphs to whet your appetite:

So let’s cut straight to the executive summary for the cable car feasibility study:

1. The Cable Car (ropeway) project is a (comparatively) minor effort right now compared to getting the KuvaCash wallet and software launched ASAP. It is not interfering or holding anything back. It was implemented by a German third-party consultant group called Cable Car Services GmbH, who sent staff to Harare to implement the study

2. Dash was never intended to finance the construction, only the 100k Euro feasibility study.

3. There are already serious institutional investors who have approached Kuvacash to invest in this infrastructure project. One of the advantages of Kuvacash using Dash is it ‘secures the payment channel’ allowing institutional investment to be applied.

4. The exclusive use of Dash to pay for transport on the cable cars could realistically add 40–60,000 Dash transactions per day at .50 to .60 (cents) per ride. No other cryptocurrency could accomplish this as well as Dash. Yes, this is contractually spelled out as exclusive to Dash and nothing else.

5. The exclusive use of Dash removes much of the risk associated with such a large public transit project. If the government was significantly involved in either the financing, building, or the money handling day to day, there is far too much risk for graft and corruption. This is the primary reason pension funds and other institutional investors are willing to finance this project.

6. This is perhaps the most important, getting leverage with the government. The local government in Harare and the federal government of Zimbabwe would love to have a beautiful public transit cable car for two reasons. Traffic and pollution in Harare are horrendous, and this would be a real public relations win for the capital city. Because of the private financing, it wouldn’t cost them a penny. But here’s the rub, in order to get this fantastic bonus for Harare, they would have to play ball in terms of allowing Dash to function as a payment system in Zimbabwe. That’s why they’re on board, and it is very likely that KuvaCash will get a public letter of endorsement from the Office of the President.

I'll give you a few teaser paragraphs to whet your appetite:

So let’s cut straight to the executive summary for the cable car feasibility study:

1. The Cable Car (ropeway) project is a (comparatively) minor effort right now compared to getting the KuvaCash wallet and software launched ASAP. It is not interfering or holding anything back. It was implemented by a German third-party consultant group called Cable Car Services GmbH, who sent staff to Harare to implement the study

2. Dash was never intended to finance the construction, only the 100k Euro feasibility study.

3. There are already serious institutional investors who have approached Kuvacash to invest in this infrastructure project. One of the advantages of Kuvacash using Dash is it ‘secures the payment channel’ allowing institutional investment to be applied.

4. The exclusive use of Dash to pay for transport on the cable cars could realistically add 40–60,000 Dash transactions per day at .50 to .60 (cents) per ride. No other cryptocurrency could accomplish this as well as Dash. Yes, this is contractually spelled out as exclusive to Dash and nothing else.

5. The exclusive use of Dash removes much of the risk associated with such a large public transit project. If the government was significantly involved in either the financing, building, or the money handling day to day, there is far too much risk for graft and corruption. This is the primary reason pension funds and other institutional investors are willing to finance this project.

6. This is perhaps the most important, getting leverage with the government. The local government in Harare and the federal government of Zimbabwe would love to have a beautiful public transit cable car for two reasons. Traffic and pollution in Harare are horrendous, and this would be a real public relations win for the capital city. Because of the private financing, it wouldn’t cost them a penny. But here’s the rub, in order to get this fantastic bonus for Harare, they would have to play ball in terms of allowing Dash to function as a payment system in Zimbabwe. That’s why they’re on board, and it is very likely that KuvaCash will get a public letter of endorsement from the Office of the President.
This is absolutely gigantic. We need to get this done!

This is absolutely gigantic. We need to get this done!

I went in pretty skeptical. I came out totally convinced. Hard to argue with the math. Sure, there's still risk, but not for Dash. That's all on the private investors.
Of course, none of it works if they can't launch the wallet and software...

I just finished the second interview with Max from KuvaCash with regard to their Android phone app and back end software. The executive summary is:

I download the Kuva app to my phone, went through the registration, which includes some photo ID for AML-KYK. My account was activated. I successfully received some Dash (tDash), sent some Dash, Sent some Dash to a phone number, converted some Dash to USD, sent some Dash via QR code, observed exactly what the exchange rate would be (to USD), confirmed that it was the actual exchange rate in real time, observed (via screenshare) how their back end works, saw my account activated, saw the transactions register on the back end, saw the security fuctions with all server logs, API calls, security tokens. Etc etc etc.(edited) The wallet app looked nice. It has a few appearance and minor function issues since they are in the middle of an upgrade. Despite that, it worked. Once the upgrade is sorted, Max has invited me to do it again, but with full video documentation (once it's all pretty...)

So, the App and back end software is not vaporware and works as advertised. Pretty cool that you can swap Dash for USD right in the wallet.

Back