• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH is the Tesla of Crypto

No. It's not the same. Tesla has brand equity. See my post above.

I understand exactly what you mean but the things that are really needed are not easily achieved simply by raising the money, it requires a lot of business development.

I don't think you can slap a big logo on a Tesla and say that's it; it has to be related to speed or tech e.g. IoT automatic toll payments.

Otherwise, if you just want massive logos all over a vehicle, then get Amanda & Co on a big bus dashmobile and let them go from coast to coast... adding an extra day of programming, "Dash Drive Coast-to-Coast" or something.

Otherwise, if you just want massive logos all over a vehicle, then get Amanda & Co on a big bus dashmobile and let them go from coast to coast... adding an extra day of programming, "Dash Drive Coast-to-Coast" or something.

Exactly! The only difference is that it would get more attention if it's a Tesla DASH Mobile. Heck, they can do that with a Prius. But I guarantee you that it would get more attention and coverage if it's a Tesla Model S, X, or Model 3. Also, they wouldn't get too tired of driving with Autopilot and get "free" solar power via Superchargers while they're at. :)

Last edited:
@Mark Mason,

My use of the word "bootstrapping" is not how it's used in start-ups. It's more like "riding."

Ok, fine. I get it. You don't like the idea. Fair enough. No need to tell me that I'm "blinded". I just think that you don't understand the Tesla Community the way I do. I've been with Tesla since their humble beginnings. I see a lot of parallels with DASH. I'm just trying to connect the two passionate communities.

Here's a question: Would you be willing to pay a monthly ads fee if I custom-painted my Model 3? How much are you willing to pay for the premium space on a Tesla Model 3?

Yeah, you can custom-paint a Bugatti. But do people drive their Bugatti's everyday to work, in an around tri-state areas, downtowns, across countries? Are there passionate Bugatti owners worldwide forums on social media eagerly anticipating every news update? Do Bugatti's get constant media coverage? Do everyday people line up to buy a Bugatti and willing to wait for more than year while depositing $1,000?

Now that you mentioned it, why does DASH doesn't advertise on UFC? I'm an MMA fan. I'd vote for that proposal! But that would be very expensive :)

Last edited:
I like you @c4chaos I don't mean my comments to come off as rude I think your a cool dude :)

I honestly think if you want to pull this off. You will have to do the following.:

First get some quotes on how much it would cost to do custom paint job. The quotes will give transparency so no one can complain and dispute the figures.

Once you have the paint job price it is then asking the community how much compensation or reward they feel is fair for your dedication and loyalty to DASH.

My gut instinct tells me monthly ad fees will put people off. I think it would be better to ask for a lump sum of money all in one proposal. I would see how people respond and what they suggest before mentioning any figures yourself.

I would then perhaps forget this thread and start a new one saying: Hey Everyone I'm getting a new Tesla Model 3 on this *Date* I've been quoted for custom painted with Dash promo graphics for this much money.

Then Ask: What do you think is a fair reward or compensation for advertising DASH permanently on my car? This will then narrow the debate down and force people to discuss and put figures out there. That you can then get a good idea of what people would be happy with and make a decision based on that.

Providing the feedback is good and happy, after proposal is accept maybe I can work with @stellabelle on perhaps doing the media circuit rounds shopping media story "Loyal DASH fan has his new Tesla Model 3 car branded" to outlets.

Get your face and your shiny new car on the front of media tabloid pages and online tech news sites. You'll be famous overnight ;)

PS - If your an MMA fan you might want to watch Dash Detailed this week as there may be a nice surprise for you :)

@c4chaos don't give up, I think there certainly are people here that see where you're coming from. For example, a long time ago (years) I had seen the synergy between crypto and the precious metals communities. Today that connection is far more understood and appreciated, but it didn't happen overnight.

Imo, just saying, let the ideas evolve rather than try to anchor yourself to something specific.

I don't think a living in a Tesla going coast-to-coast is going to work. OTOH, I can imagine a dash bus travelling, hosting family friendly events and competitions, engaging with the public and giving out dash prizes and merchandise. (nothing like you envisioned, I know!(

Here's what I would propose and back if I were a Masternode owner:

Pete and Amanda take a road trip in a Dash-branded Tesla. It's filmed in a reality style, and the title of the show is:

CAN AMANDA TRAVEL ACROSS THE USA USING ONLY ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRIC MONEY?

If the show was created in a way that is a test, ie, can Pete and Amanda use Dash only to fund their entire trip across the USA, then that is a show I'd like to see. I'd like to see how they stay in hotels, order food, etc.
Personally, I'd time this YouTube show with the launch of Evolution. Get all the merchant ducks in a row before the filming, and BAM!

Heck, I'd throw in 5 Dash of my own money to just see this show!!!!!!!

Mark,

It's all in the way it is designed, and packaged to viewers.
Making it into a reality-style show and creating the title like this:

CAN AMANDA TRAVEL ACROSS THE USA USING ONLY ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRIC MONEY?

This challenge style title would pique people's interest and get them talking about it! By not using "Dash" in the title, it would be strategic since no mainstream person one knows what Dash is anyway. People can understand the idea of 'electric money', so that is what would be used in the title.

I personally think this is a genius idea that @c4 has, it just needs to be tweaked a bit to make it something people want to watch.

Let's face it, Amanda already has an established audience. You'd be leveraging her existing audience to help spread this show. It's a no-brainer actually, as far as publicity, exposure and value is concerned. Plus, I think we can all agree that more people would be interested in seeing her do this challenge than say, Tone Vays-ish people.

This kind of challenge also fits in with Tesla's past as many people went across country to see if they could make it in their electric cars. Electric money is no different. I might write about this idea.....put it into the interwebs to gauge response. I think Amanda's fans would go nuts!

I'll donate 5 Dash to this if we can make it happen.

I guess someone needs to ask Amanda first....ha ha!

What if her fans were asked?

I agree with your reality check actually.

I think the road reality show would need to be done a bit later when there are significant merchants accepting Dash.
Otherwise, the network effect won't really happen. With the launch of Evolution, and more merchants on board, i think this show idea could work. If done too soon, it won't get the necessary traffic or attention.

However, if you work directly with a media outlet like Vice/Motherboard (who is interested in technology) and also promise them exclusive coverage, then only do the show after you've secured this media coverage. Once one tech online magazine covers it, they all will. That's how it works, now online. So, this road show Youtube thing needs to be well planned out, and very strategic with regards to timing. Without a functioning Dash wallet for iOS and without Evolution, I think the show is premature. Without merchants accepting Dash, it will be difficult.

But I think it could work, around the end of this year.

BOOM! I'm just sayin' :)

$DASH is the Tesla ($TSLA) of Cryptocurrency

http://www.c4chaos.com/2017/03/dash-is-the-tesla-tsla-of-cryptocurrency/

C8R2Kn2UQAAkLtZ.jpg

Last edited:
Back