• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash History Page

the-baker

So, some of our "special friends" on Bitcointalk came up with a new talking point, namely that there is no information about Dash's history in the OP of the ANN thread. If you ignore the obvious instamine scam trolling linked to this, I think it is actually a good idea to at least add a link to a page containing an overview of the XCoin/DarkCoin/Dash history so far.

Most of the material needed for such a page is already floating around in forum comments, wiki entries or other third party websites, but it is a royal PITA for new people to piece it all together, and given that different authors have different biases, the chances are quite high that such a research will yield incomplete or wrong information.

So why not create a new page on dashpay? It could be About > History or something like that and contain an account of the original launch and the major changes/developments since. Having such a page will help potential investors by providing a consolidated overview of what they would have to piece together from a variety of sources, and it will also show critics that the project is not trying to sweep anything under the rug, but is upfront and transparent about its origins.

P.S.: It seems that with the latest update to the OP on BCT, the total supply shows incorrect numbers. According to crowning, the lower bound should be at least 16.6 million, not 14. Also, I think the upper bound of 18 million can't be right (but I'd have to check). The 14 - 18 million figure is also inconsistent with dashpay.io, it states 22 million there (https://www.dashpay.io/specifications/).

NB: Is there a bug tracker or some better place to report these issues?

Back