• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash growing strong past 100$ mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordquanta

Dash price has surpassed 100$ mark and since last week it is in +- 100$ zone. Current price 108$ seems good. Is this price rise due to bitcoin price plunge?

Yes, partly. The other part is that Dash is just a better Bitcoin. In its current state, Bitcoin has no technical advantage over Dash, not a single one. The only thing Bitcoin has (and it's not to be underestimated) is it's been around for a much longer time.

There has been a large increase in fiat straight to Dash exchanges, not just old money moving around.

I really want to invest more in Dash but i am afraid that what we are seeing right now is just a pump dump...

A pump and dump? Not really the price has stayed within the $100 range +/- 10 for nearly a week now, that's not a pump and dump I've ever heard of before..

Hmmmm... very difficult to assess if Dash's value is at $100. But fundamentally, I think it should grow more with new projects coming in and especially the upcoming BTC fork

I really want to invest more in Dash but i am afraid that what we are seeing right now is just a pump dump...

Pump-and-dump schemes usually last a few days, at most. After the surge the price dropped relatively quickly to $85 but has since recovered. While anything can happen, the price will probably remain in the $90 - $100 range barring something catastrophic.

Other catalysts for a price increase could be:
- Forking of Bitcoin Core / Bitcoin Unlimited (Multiple "types" of Bitcoin would confuse the average consumer and drive them to alternatives.)
- Release of Evolution White Paper
- Evolution Release Candidate
- Another major Bitcoin player advocating Dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back