• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Force

Take a look at the decred channel; 3486 subs compared to dash, 2697 subs.

Most recent view counts:
dash : 197, 375, 608, 247, 549
decred : 1100, 1300, 190, 928, 136

You are talking about the official decred youtube channel VS the Dash Force YT channel. They also have around 28 million in development funding which makes DF look like a shoestring budget. The numbers are a bit cherry picked as well because they do not have a hour long podcast style video series. It's like comparing apples and oranges. We consistently get 700 to 2k plus views while they consistently get 100's on their "official channel" with millions of dollars at their disposal.
We also have double the views...

DFN
Joined Apr 10, 2017 142,328 views

decred
Joined Apr 6, 2017 77,633 views

Their official twitter sub count is 38k VS under 6k for DFN. And we still beat them by double with our YT view count. I would say that is very effective, but it could always be better.

If, however, you feel we should be putting out more content to try to get a wider audience, that's a separate conversation. I've been open to it and advocated for such for a while, but the other two don't seem as interested at this point.

I don't think a "15 minutes to talk about the news, then 30 minutes of pundit-style stuff talking about other stuff" style format will work. I don't think that would get much more views than we currently get and that would take up a lot of time and eventually be abandoned. You are free to do whatever you want though, myself and Mark really have no say, if that is what you want to do then go for it.

My suggestion has always been a 10-15 minutes news and info style show like ABJ and a seperate 20-30 minute interview style show. I think that would work much better. Maybe a shorter 1-3 minute quick recap style video would be nice as well.

You are talking about the official decred youtube channel VS the Dash Force YT channel. They also have around 28 million in development funding which makes DF look like a shoestring budget. The numbers are a bit cherry picked as well because they do not have a hour long podcast style video series. It's like comparing apples and oranges. We consistently get 700 to 2k plus views while they consistently get 100's on their "official channel" with millions of dollars at their disposal.

It's not a perfect comparison but I didn't cherry pick the numbers, I simply took the last five. But if you do want to compare hour long shows, then you need to look at their Decred Assembly, last five episodes; 929, 1600, 1200, 2000, 3600 views. But just to keep some perspective, don't forget this coin is ranked 45. Imo, doubling their numbers is not good enough, a rank 13 coin should, in theory, be trouncing them. If you need a bigger budget, give us a taste of what could be and then submit a suitable proposal.

I won't argue over the details but it'd be great if you could shake things up and commit to short bite-sized episodes, say 10 - 20 mins max.

Also, as a side note, it would be nice if you could balance things out by including a female host (not ABJ). To be universally accepted, DFN - and dash in general - really needs to drop the testosterone levels and make things more welcoming / less intimidating to both sexes.

If you need a bigger budget, give us a taste of what could be and then submit a suitable proposal.

I'm happy with where our budget is now. If you think you can do better please submit a proposal.

it would be nice if you could balance things out by including a female host (not ABJ)

Finding a mermaid would be nice. We have not been able to find said mermaid, if you stumble across one let me know and we will promptly give her her own show. Or better yet we will sponsor her proposal fee and she can do her own independent show. The 3 amigos will stay the 3 amigos, we have no plans to change anything about it.

I'm happy with where our budget is now. If you think you can do better please submit a proposal.

Finding a mermaid would be nice. We have not been able to find said mermaid, if you stumble across one let me know and we will promptly give her her own show. Or better yet we will sponsor her proposal fee and she can do her own independent show. The 3 amigos will stay the 3 amigos, we have no plans to change anything about it.

It's okay, carry on and wait for the tide to turn. In the meantime, my job is to vote and, unfortunately, I have to vote no. I don't want to but how else can I demonstrate my dissatisfaction over a one hour plus shillfest?

As for "mermaids", I need to inform you, half the world is female and DFN neither represents them or attracts them. My input regarding females is not sexiest, it is simply a statement of fact that they should represent half of your potential viewers.

It's okay, carry on and wait for the tide to turn. In the meantime, my job is to vote and, unfortunately, I have to vote no. I don't want to but how else can I demonstrate my dissatisfaction over a one hour plus shillfest?

As for "mermaids", I need to inform you, half the world is female and DFN neither represents them or attracts them. My input regarding females is not sexiest, it is simply a statement of fact that they should represent half of your potential viewers.

If you're basing your votes on an hour-long weekly messing around show meant for fun which has become beloved by other community members, then you aren't doing your due diligence as a voter, pure and simple. 3 Amigos is the smallest thing we do, and it's as a hobby. To vote no on the whole Dash Force proposal based on that either indicates you have no idea what we do (despite having it clearly outlined in the proposal), or exclusively want us to do this show that doesn't exist, in which case it baffles me why you'd want that from a group/proposal that spends 99.9% of its effort doing other things. Either way, there's nothing we can do to appease you, it seems. Best of luck looking for a proposal that suits your fancy.

If you're basing your votes on an hour-long weekly messing around show meant for fun which has become beloved by other community members, then you aren't doing your due diligence as a voter, pure and simple. 3 Amigos is the smallest thing we do, and it's as a hobby. To vote no on the whole Dash Force proposal based on that either indicates you have no idea what we do (despite having it clearly outlined in the proposal), or exclusively want us to do this show that doesn't exist, in which case it baffles me why you'd want that from a group/proposal that spends 99.9% of its effort doing other things. Either way, there's nothing we can do to appease you, it seems. Best of luck looking for a proposal that suits your fancy.

Beloved by who??? - you don't have the viewers because you mindlessly ramble on for more than an hour. But dare me for saying this, that I've not done my due diligence! Is it really credible to say such thing of this MNO, that has been here from the very first day you received funding.. so clueless I must be. Amazing. How stupid of me not to recognize it's MY FAULT, not yours.

Keep "messing around" with "the smallest thing we do, and it's as a hobby". So be it, continue with your hobby coin and see where your hobby gets ya. Think small, be small.

Dash Dinheiro Digital - 8874 subs, regularly getting 300 - 400 views and it's not aimed at the larger English speaking market.

Go ahead, make your excuses. Or could it be that his videos are short and sweet?

Thanks, @mastermined for reloading this important initiative. Although I will be a part of the team, I am happy that another community member took the lead on this, as I have other obligations IRL and in Dash. During the short time we were doing the Dash Force, I saw that it took the trolls by surprise as we had posts and comments that would usually be buried front and center in well-read positions. I hope that this will pass and I will offer it a home base on Dash Nation Slack.

Saved original proposal.
Good Day Dash Force. My name is John Reed from the Hout Bay Community in South Africa. I'm one of the Dash Africa Founding members. I was headhunted and introduced to Dash, 7 months ago by dashingdude@. i am an activist for the aboriginal khoisan community and fishing industry.I got involved in dash because i could see, how my community could benefit from dash. in November 2017, I registered the dash leopard school from my own funds and has been paying for administration, staff and other expenses out of my own pocket. I have arranged meet ups,ambassodor programmes and 2 benefits concerts and it didnt generate any profit but more losses but was purported by dashingdude@, on dash leopard website that money was made for the soccer school towards the netherlands trip. In January 2018 I set up a waterfront office for the dash leopard school which is promptly displayed on the website.
At the office, we also did ambassodor programmes which also came from my own pocket, please refer to the website.
My complaint is related to the Dash Africa Proposal that is was succesful for 72 dashes spread over 3 months. you will see within the proposal how there was a budget for the waterfront office, ambassodor programme and the leopard soccer school which falls directly under my name and the proposal states that it was for work already done (which means expenses that was paid for). dashingdude@ gave us only 10dashes and told us the budget was depleted! when we confronted dashingdude@ related to the other components of the proposal budget concerning the waterfront office and ambassodor programme he was shocked to hear that we saw the details of the proposal which is clearly available on the dash proposal website.Dashingdude@ then started alienating himself. Up until today we have not received a single dash toward the waterfront office and ambassodor programme, which has now left us in financial debt for the expenses already paid. I had numerous attempts trying to resolve the matter with dashingdude@ however, he seems to be unfazed and has given no explanation towards this. I am informing you at dashforce about this before I take legal action against dashingdude@ in hope that you can step in and mediate the situation to keep DASH AFRICA's reputation intact as i believed in the vision of Dash. please advise what is the best way to proceed. Regards John Reed Khoisan Activist

DASH FORCE MISSION STATEMENT

We at the Dash Force aim to be the Dash community's front line of defense and support. Our mission is to provide support to the human ecosystem surrounding Dash, ensuring that its network effects are maximized by building a community that is the envy of the digital currency world.
Whether it be countering online trolls, reporting critical news, helping local meetups flourish, encouraging economic activity to newly integrated services and exchanges, or bringing in new members and fans, we will do our best to ensure that Dash's community grows and strengthens into a positive social movement behind some of the most amazing and revolutionary technology of our time.
Above all, we seek to conduct ourselves as ambassadors of the Dash community in a polite and professional manner, using honesty and genuine goodwill to represent and preserve Dash's positive and community-focused brand, and relentless tenacity and commitment to quality work to ensure that the job gets done right.

Hello @mastermined

I have a MAJOR problem with Dash Force and several on your team, including you. I know several things that have occurred that are contrary to your mission statement. I am extremely disappointed
none of you have come forward to help resolve these issues. What's it going to take?

-Helper Dash

So it's not just me. Dear forum members, when you see criticisms of Dash Force News and it is marked as "trolling", please click on "List" to see who is doing it. You'll notice it's often members of DFN trying to censor / suppress that post. What does this tell you about them?

So it's not just me. Dear forum members, when you see criticisms of Dash Force News and it is marked as "trolling", please click on "List" to see who is doing it. You'll notice it's often members of DFN trying to censor / suppress that post. What does this tell you about them?

Or, maybe they just recognize trolling when they see it.

I have been a member of the Dash Forum for 4 years this month. In that time I have amazingly only had to put a few people on ignore. Most of those have been in the last month or so. I try to answer all valid criticisms and concerns but I have had to put a few newer members on ignore recently for excessive complaining, obsessive trolling and stalking.
If you don’t see me respond it is not because I have no counter to their arguments but because they have exhausted my patience and are wasting my time better spent serving the community at large. Thanks for your understanding.

Or maybe because their assertions are right about you being a lobbyist who is trying to shove political garbage and your own proposals down the treasury's throat.

I have been a member of the Dash Forum for 4 years this month. In that time I have amazingly only had to put a few people on ignore. Most of those have been in the last month or so. I try to answer all valid criticisms and concerns but I have had to put a few newer members on ignore recently for excessive complaining, obsessive trolling and stalking.
If you don’t see me respond it is not because I have no counter to their arguments but because they have exhausted my patience and are wasting my time better spent serving the community at large. Thanks for your understanding.

Back