• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash for Africa

This is another perfect example for DASH Tokens tethered one to one to local currencies and a wallet so easy to use just like M-Pesa, type in a phone number and send money world wide.

Dash Africa Dude, I'm Abdullah known as ultimatecrypto on the dash wall forum. A Nigerian but a resident in Ghana. I own an electronic business and I intend incorporating Dash to customers and youth in the Universitas.

Feel free to Donate anything as we set the foundation of Dash Digital marketing in Ghana, West Africa and Africa at large.

XtvdkH6zhhcEsacrWfv3JftEcZpqrToLAj-wallet address for Donations

STOP spamming all threads with this post !!
u have been warned

STOP spamming all threads with this post !!
u have been warned

Thanks, tungfa boss but I don't think I am spamming threads with this post!! You can verify and read my post. As a follower.
This proposal am setting the foundation will be the best in Africa for dash community, it intend getting people to see Dash as the way out of poverty and economic stability. The agenda is the youth.

Hi guys I am in Durban.

I think Dash Evolution will be great for our market.

I have been using bitcoin and with the high transaction fees
I think there are a few who like us would be interested in dash
even before evolution comes.

I am thinking of doing a meet up/ Crypto currency workshop to promote
Dash as a better alternative to bitcoin.

still just an idea.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-cycling-africa.20142/

Please read our pre-proposal and let us know what you think

Hey
Dash and Africa...
I work with African gold miners that want to be treated fairly as they are constantly abused by middle men. The use of Dash would be a huge step forward...please do respond and let's begin a conversation

Hi All,

I see potential in Africa.

I'm South-African and my mother is Zimbabwean. Zimbabweans have abandoned their national currency (after hyper-inflation and collapse of banks) and the US dollar is now the prevalent currency. As there are a limited supply of US dollars in the Zimbabwe economy, they are traded at a premium price. I was amused to find that a box of cigarettes cost $1US and a box of matches cost the same. They don't use cents. So nothing costs less than $1US.

Is Zimbabwe (Zim) not a place to promote Dash? Especially because so many people have been forced to relocate to places like RSA, and regularly send money back home to Zim with expensive fees (around 10%)?

Here in South Africa, those same migrant workers are not allowed to open bank accounts, which presents other opportunities to us. Other people have accounts, but have great difficulty accessing their services. For example, I have spent the last 10 years involved in a project in the Dwesa region of the rural Transkei. We provided telecoms infrastructure and computer labs at 17 regional schools. These people, with no cars, have to travel 100km over dirt roads to the nearest banks.

I'm having so many ideas! I know that these communities would adopt dash... if only it were seeded sufficiently, so that it became a legitimate means of exchange.

One of my ideas is that the Dash Treasury could fund a campaign to seed Dash in such communities. But I think that we'd need an Actuary to calculate the profit from adoption vs the cost to the network, perhaps, to see whether it makes sense. I'm thinking along the lines of giving $1US to key people in small communities. They'd need a wallet to receive the dash. Prep a small community of merchants to receive the dash. Suddenly Dash would be circulating in the community as a means-of-exchange.

I see two markets for Dash: The big investors and the "small" people who can't get bank-accounts.

Does anybody else agree on how the chaos in Africa could make sense for Dash?

https://dash-africa.com
Hi! Im from Venezuela and can relate to the situation Africa is going through, so congrats on your initiative.

I was wondering how do you propose to promote the use of Dash with the lack of access to technology Africans face, since thats one of the main issues with have been facing here in Latin America.

Hi! Im from Venezuela and can relate to the situation Africa is going through, so congrats on your initiative.

I was wondering how do you propose to promote the use of Dash with the lack of access to technology Africans face, since thats one of the main issues with have been facing here in Latin America.

Hi Santos, access to technology has not been a great problem for us. Increasingly, everybody has a smartphone - and that is sufficient.

Hello there!

Love to hear that you have so many ideas for South Africa. Maybe if you could plan out the marketing, finances, etc and composed it into a proposal, the master nodes would be willing to vote yes on brining awareness to South Africa. It's great to see ideas submitted for locations where Dash isn't known, because it gives an incentive to the community to keep spreading Dash awareness. It is important for anyone, regardless of their location, to finally be able to have the financial platform that Dash brings to your fingertips.

Thank you all so much for the positive comments. It has been almost a year since I started this thread, and I've come a long way since then!

My proposal for the Dash Africa project was funded at the beginning of this month. It is nice to have budget, at last!

We've assembled an awesome and sizeable team, both in other countries across Africa, and here back home in South Africa.

Please take a look at the Dash Africa website to find out more! We're going full-steam ahead, and it is lovely. It is lovely because I am able to do good for the world, and earn a needed income myself, thanks to the magic of Dash!

Back