• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH Electrum wallet update

yocko

Hi, I was wondering when the DASH Electrum wallet will be available for upgrade?
Does this need to be updated asap like dash core?

It should be updated asap... It's the official light wallet and it doesn't even work! Things like this makes for a terrible UX...

W
It should be updated asap... It's the official light wallet and it doesn't even work! Things like this makes for a terrible UX...
What do you mean it doesn't work? are transactions being rejected?

There are a few servers that are supposed to work but they didn't for me. After trying them my transaction got stuck on pending... In the description of the latest Dash youtube video you can find a link with the servers that are supposed to work...

If you are on version 2.4.1 electrum you need to use a compatible server and we currently have two electrum.dash.org and electrum.masternode.io are available to use.

What other version would we be on? There is only 2.4.1 for Electrum Dash. And I'm sure if someone managed to still own a more ancient version, it wouldn't work any better.

well
i am trying to be helpful
trying to make sure you are on that recent version
and yes there are more ancient versions where this might not work as discribed :rolleyes:

note to self :
"tx tungfa , that was very helpful"
anytime :D

If you are on version 2.4.1 electrum you need to use a compatible server and we currently have two electrum.dash.org and electrum.masternode.io are available to use.
Thanks, so these will work fine until the upgraded electrum wallet is available?

Thanks, so these will work fine until the upgraded electrum wallet is available?

as far as i know - yes
please report back in case it does not (i did not try it myself - not on electrum)

I tried both "electrum.dash.org" and "electrum.masternode.io",
All of my transactions are pending,
I cannot send dash from electrum-dash anymore.
What is the best solution for now?
I have to send some dash now, I can't wait for a new version.
Do I need to import my private key to "Dash Core" to use my balance?

Edit: Done that, Couldn't wait any longer.

Last edited:

If coins are stuck —> wallet.trezor.io
It uses the same addresses/accounts as Electrum

v6WPiXr.png

switch to the Dash mode by clicking on that arrow

or try
bit buggy but works for transfers
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/builds/allPlans.action

Last edited:
as far as i know - yes
please report back in case it does not (i did not try it myself - not on electrum)

No, they do not. Received transactions working fine; sending a transaction via electrum.dash.org results in the same problem described above by alexne.

If coins are stuck —> wallet.trezor.io
It uses the same addresses/accounts as Electrum

v6WPiXr.png

switch to the Dash mode by clicking on that arrow

Well and good if one has a Trezor. Not a solution for those who simply use electrum-dash, because it requires that a Trezor device be connected in the first instance. Thanks for the thought, but it doesn't help here.

It appears that I shall have to follow the same recovery procedures as alexne. As ldw says above, this makes for a terrible user experience. I'm afraid I would go further: it severely damages any notion I held of Dash as a mature, stable cryptocurrency. Thankfully my holdings in Dash at the moment are only small, a couple of hundred dollars at most, but rushing out 12.1 without testing has, for the time being, turned Dash from an asset to a liability. The only upside is that I feel much better about having previously disposed of ten times my current holding at around 20% less than the current market price, precisely because I didn't want all eggs in one basket.

Even assuming that I have access to a machine capable of running Dash Core and to a connection over which I can download several gigabytes of blockchain (which I do, but didn't when I opted for electrum-dash), the cost in time and hassle is substantial and the reputational cost to Dash and its developers is likewise. Given that a majority of electrum-dash users will presumably have chosen it because the available hardware or connectivity did not favour running Dash Core and many will not readily be able to work around the foul-up, I suggest that it may be a better idea to shut off the electrum servers and to break electrum completely until it can be fixed completely than to limp along in the present state.

As it stands, the user of electrum-dash via electrum.dash.org gets the semblance that all is well until he tries to make a payment, whereupon he has the frustration and embarrassment of being unable to do so, the anxieties of establishing what has happened and how to recover access to his funds, the hassle of the associated technical work and the impression of Dash and its development team that logically results. This strikes me as a worse outcome than overtly breaking it and overtly fixing it, or indeed than rolling back the embarrassingly flawed "upgrade" with another hard fork until it can be implemented properly.

No, they do not. Received transactions working fine; sending a transaction via electrum.dash.org results in the same problem described above by alexne.

Well and good if one has a Trezor. Not a solution for those who simply use electrum-dash, because it requires that a Trezor device be connected in the first instance. Thanks for the thought, but it doesn't help here.

It appears that I shall have to follow the same recovery procedures as alexne. As ldw says above, this makes for a terrible user experience. I'm afraid I would go further: it severely damages any notion I held of Dash as a mature, stable cryptocurrency. Thankfully my holdings in Dash at the moment are only small, a couple of hundred dollars at most, but rushing out 12.1 without testing has, for the time being, turned Dash from an asset to a liability. The only upside is that I feel much better about having previously disposed of ten times my current holding at around 20% less than the current market price, precisely because I didn't want all eggs in one basket.

Even assuming that I have access to a machine capable of running Dash Core and to a connection over which I can download several gigabytes of blockchain (which I do, but didn't when I opted for electrum-dash), the cost in time and hassle is substantial and the reputational cost to Dash and its developers is likewise. Given that a majority of electrum-dash users will presumably have chosen it because the available hardware or connectivity did not favour running Dash Core and many will not readily be able to work around the foul-up, I suggest that it may be a better idea to shut off the electrum servers and to break electrum completely until it can be fixed completely than to limp along in the present state.

As it stands, the user of electrum-dash via electrum.dash.org gets the semblance that all is well until he tries to make a payment, whereupon he has the frustration and embarrassment of being unable to do so, the anxieties of establishing what has happened and how to recover access to his funds, the hassle of the associated technical work and the impression of Dash and its development team that logically results. This strikes me as a worse outcome than overtly breaking it and overtly fixing it, or indeed than rolling back the embarrassingly flawed "upgrade" with another hard fork until it can be implemented properly.

the electrum issue has nothing to do with 12.1 !
electrum itself is flawed - we pulled it from webpage already.
The above post of mine is old and never got corrected
here is a updated thread :
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/electrum-dash-wallet.13270/#post-114834

Hi how did you import your .json / .csv private key into Dash Core as a wallet.dat??? Thanks in advance!

I don't think it's possible to import a .json or .csv file. But you can import a private key in the console like this:
importprivkey yourPrivateKey

Back