• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Electrum progress and reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What output does it produce?

Does it work when installed from source?

All I get is a notification "failed to mount...". I have two other appimages from a different application, one mounts correctly and the other fails in the same way.

I haven't tried from compiling the source but as a side note, the aur package on manjaro (arch derivative) is on build 3.0.6.3-3. No binaries available.

It's not high priority for me as it works on mint.

Strange message.

I'm afraid, we won't be able to support yet another linux distro, unless it becomes wildly popular (or Dash price skyrockets)

Sep 2019 financial report

Attachments

• Dash Electrum 2019 - Oct 2019 Finances.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 207
Thank you for supporting our proposal.

Please, find here our recent financial report. Work on PrivateSend in Dash Electrum is in progress.

Attachments

• Dash Electrum 2019 - Oct 2019 Finances.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 225
Please, find here our recent financial report.

Attachments

• Dash Electrum 2019 - Nov 2019 Finances.pdf
    44.7 KB · Views: 223
In the last funding cycle Dash Electrum support and development was defunded due to social attack on Dash Governance system https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumDec2019 under the cause of "Not being relevant".

Status as of Jan 1st 2020:
- Dec 2019 salaries have been paid
- project is 251.9 Dash in red
- PrivateSend mixing was implemented but not tested properly, so it won't be released

If you consider project to be still relevant, donate to XfL6bgKCXWWDeE5iYfm9pUzfY3P5e8nDaC (the address that should have been receiving DashElectrumDec2019 payouts)

If there would be at least 5 Dash to cover next proposal submission, I will submit next proposal. It will include Dec 2019 costs (251.9 Dash) plus necessary funding to continue for at least 3 months of development.

It was a pleasure to work on Dash Electrum.

Thanks.

In the last funding cycle Dash Electrum support and development was defunded due to social attack on Dash Governance system https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumDec2019 under the cause of "Not being relevant".

Status as of Jan 1st 2020:
- Dec 2019 salaries have been paid
- project is 251.9 Dash in red
- PrivateSend mixing was implemented but not tested properly, so it won't be released

If you consider project to be still relevant, donate to XfL6bgKCXWWDeE5iYfm9pUzfY3P5e8nDaC (the address that should have been receiving DashElectrumDec2019 payouts)

If there would be at least 5 Dash to cover next proposal submission, I will submit next proposal. It will include Dec 2019 costs (251.9 Dash) plus necessary funding to continue for at least 3 months of development.

It was a pleasure to work on Dash Electrum.

Thanks.

Have pinned this in Dash Talk Discord along with your donation address. Best of 2020 to you and thanks for all the hard work you have done.

Financial status of the project attached.

Successfully mixed 1000tDash on testnet. Significantly increased stability of mixing. RC4 is coming.

Upd. Updated Jan 2020 statement with the donations received. We thank everyone who donated us, this reinforced our decision to continue alot.

Attachments

• Dash Electrum 2020 - Jan 2020 Finances.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Hi, can you explain how this PrivateSend is working? How much of a trustless setup is it? How does it differ to the desktop client? How fast is the mixing?

Thanks

Hi, can you explain how this PrivateSend is working? How much of a trustless setup is it? How does it differ to the desktop client? How fast is the mixing?

It works exactly as Dash Core mixing: creates necessary denominations, connects to the Dash MNs, startes/joins mixing sessions, runs as much mixing rounds as you indicate. Our intent was to recreate existing behaviour as much as we can. On testnet mixing is quite slow (1000tDash takes several days to mix), but I guess this is because of lack of liquidity.

If you'd like to test, let me know your platform and I'll send you instructions to get a testnet client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back