• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Debit Card | Mobile Recharge with Dash

Are you planning set up a card program for your staff, employees, agents, customers.Let's join "UQUID Co-Brand"
https://uquid.com/uquid-cobrand-debit-card
9zY0SFW.png

This seems a nice solution for the people who want to spend their cryptocurrencies.
But as far as I understand it , you have to give your real name to register to this visa card.

Correct?
I cannot speak for the virtual card, but I did acquire a physical card without using my real name.

I had to receive the card in a different country...my country prohibits UQUID's service.

The physical card has been working well. I did notice a $1 fee recently that I felt was excessive. I felt I had not agreed to this fee. But, even considering that, I am happy with the service.

I cannot speak for the virtual card, but I did acquire a physical card without using my real name.

I had to receive the card in a different country...my country prohibits UQUID's service.

The physical card has been working well. I did notice a $1 fee recently that I felt was excessive. I felt I had not agreed to this fee. But, even considering that, I am happy with the service.

But in the terms and conditions, when registering in this card, you have to agree that all the data you provide to them are true.
They are asking your name and your age. You cannot continue the registration if those two are not provided.
If you give a wrong name or a wrong age, then you break the terms and the conditions required.
If you give false data, then what may happen to you, if they discover that your card is nameless?

I guess your questions sort of go directly to "what is KYC?" Are we going to trust an Internet user to provide factual information? Or, attempt to verify that Internet user through a more formal process?

With the more formal, .gov sponsored, KYC, I understand providing false documentation is indeed a crime of some sort. But, when signing up for a service that does not undergo formal KYC, then what?

For instance, is your given name "demo"? In using an alternate name with UQUID am I "more guilty" than you because financial transactions will be taking place?

I don't mean to provoke you, I'm just not sure their Terms and Conditions are enforceable...

I guess your questions sort of go directly to "what is KYC?" Are we going to trust an Internet user to provide factual information? Or, attempt to verify that Internet user through a more formal process?

With the more formal, .gov sponsored, KYC, I understand providing false documentation is indeed a crime of some sort. But, when signing up for a service that does not undergo formal KYC, then what?

For instance, is your given name "demo"? In using an alternate name with UQUID am I "more guilty" than you because financial transactions will be taking place?

I don't mean to provoke you, I'm just not sure their Terms and Conditions are enforceable...

Enforceable?

What UQUID may do is to confiscate all the money loaded into the prepaid visa card, in case they discover that a false name has been given to them. Alternatively the authetication may be done by visa, maybe UQUID is not involved at all. This is the economical aspect that should be clarified. What happens to the money when they discover false names?

On what it concerns the crime aspect, as long as this visa card is a Grenada card, is KnowYourCustomer enforced in grenada laws? This is another important question that should be clarified..

Last edited:
I had considered the confiscation aspect...I only transmit as much as I'm willing to lose to the card. Then, I usually try to spend it soon thereafter. It's kind of a cool setup, I store the value in crypto. Then, let's say I'd like to conduct private transactions on the VISA network tomorrow. I send some crypto to the card tonight.

My UQUID physical card is based out of Gibralter (I think). I had to phone Gibralter in order to activate it anyway.

Another funny thing that has been happening, usually at restaurants, the receipt has a TOTAL printed on it, below that a place to specify a tip, and below that my fake name! I then sign my fake name and chuckle a little on my way out of the establishment!

My UQUID physical card is based out of Gibralter (I think).
So you have better clarify whether the UQUID prepaid visa is under the laws of Grenada or under the laws of Gibraltar.
According to the kycmap, Grenada seems outside the KnowYourCustomer rules (is it?), so it seems a better solution than Gibraltar which is in the European Union where the KYC rules seem more strict.

Last edited:
I would agree there seems to be some ambiguity here. But, I phoned Gibralter for the activation...I'm sure of it. They may have changed things since I activated. Also, I think the $2500 threshold is in play here. UQUID will not allow you to put more than $2500 on these cards. That turns out OK with me, because, I'm never doing anything more than I want to spend immediately anyway.

Your remarks got me all worked up about the balance I had on my card, so I went out and "yucked it up" today with what was on there. My friends and I had some yucks when a bartender called me by the name on the card. I mean, this name I chose is so outlandish it has been worth it just for that.

Last edited:
:O I want this card! it's great!

I've had trouble recently chasing about a Dash debit card, perhaps some of the queues are getting shorter but I registered with both Spectrocoin and UQUID but am yet to receive news back, TenX is the same since the Wavecrest fiasco.

I have had to take direct payments in sterling via Uphold, they have been great.

Best of luck

Back