• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash core's (and other teams') reporting

MaxPopov

Hi, Dash! I'm not sure if new topic is right place for this. I'm sorry if similar topics were before.

I've been MNO for quite a while now and I would be happy to see Dash's successful growth on long-term scale. As you all know Dash's treasury expanded significantly last year, thus proposals' and Dash core team's budgets expanded too. I am really content that DAO has resources to draw to it's development, but in the same time I'm concerned that it's getting tricky to understand the structure of teams' expenses and the value they bring. At some point I lost track of what's going on. I put the list of questions I have. Here are only few of them:

1. What is the structure of Dash core's expenses?
2. How many employees are there in Dash core? What wages do they have? What are their KPIs?
3. At what stage is Evolution now? Is there a gap between plan and fact? Do the developers fulfil their commitments?
4. Not so long ago I heard the news that Dash core belongs to DAO now. What exact mechanism was used to make this possible?
5. Do we have any instruments to influence Dash core besides the voting for or against their proposals?
6. Dash core organises meetups and conferences. How much does it cost us? What are results of such events?
7. Dash core finances some R&D, if I'm not mistaken. What are these projects? How much do they cost? What they yield? Where can we see reports?
8. I don't fully understand Dash's marketing strategy. We allocate decent budgets on Ogilvy, but it seems that we don't have central strategy, which other marketing proposals can align to. Yes, decentralisation is good and me myself run marketing proposal for Russian market.
In the same time we put tons of money in Dash core's central marketing, but it seems that there is no transparency in it yet. It would be great to have a look on their reports.

and so on.
Each month the amount of such questions grows. As MNO I feel that it's getting harder and harder to vote responsibly due to difficulties in understanding of what's really going on.

Taking into account the aforesaid, please, help to find answers to these questions. Perhaps, I just missed this information being published? Anyway, I think it would be great to have reporting on more regular and structured basis.

Thank you for paying attention to this topic!

---------------------------------------------

Здравствуй, комьюнити. Я довольно давно являюсь MNO и глубоко заинтересован в долгосрочном развитии dash.

В последнее время, как вы знаете, бюджет dash treasury очень сильно вырос и пропорционально выросли финансирования proposal и dash core team, появились proposal на маркетинг и мониторинг от core team. Я очень рад что у DAO достаточно финансов для развития, но вместе с тем обеспокоен, что структура расходов и полученных за эти финансы результатов становится с каждым днем сложнее. Я совершенно перестал понимать ответы на многие вопрос касательно dash core и их финансирования, и вот лишь некоторые из них

1. Какова структура расходов dash core?
2. Сколько сейчас сотрудников в Dash Core и какую зарплату они получают?
3. На какой стадии находится разработка Evolution нет ли отставания, соответствует ли разработка обещаниям?
4. Недавно прошла новость, что Dash core теперь юридически принадлежит DAO, но я упустил какими механизмами это осуществлено?
5. Где наш рычаг влияния на Dash Core кроме голосования против финансирования?
6. То и дело можно узнать о проведенных конференциях и других активностях помимо разработки кода, каковы затраты и результаты этой деятельности?
7. Если я не ошибаюсь dash core выделил что-то на исследования и еще какие-то проекты. Что это за проекты? Что они делают, кто за них платит и сколько, где их отчеты?
8. Еще менее прозрачно для меня маркетинговое направление dash core, к сожалению я с трудом понимаю чем они занимаются. Что именно и на каких условиях должен сделать Ogilvy?

И вопросов подобного рода с каждым днем становится только больше.

Как я понимаю, за proposal и их результатами призван следить дешвотч, но что они делают, какого структура их расходов и когда ожидать результатов я не понимаю тем более.

В связи с этим, прощу помощи в нахождении ответов на эти вопросы? Возможно я просто упустил, где именно публикуют подобную информацию?

Заранее спасибо!

Here is the last report from Dash Core

And they was going to make such reports on monthly basis soon.

There are details spread around however it takes a bit of digging. I could answer most of your questions but it takes a lot of time to keep up with it, let alone write it all down again. I accept tips!

I think asking Dash to produce public company reports like apple is a bit much unless someone is hired for that purpose.

Dash is in the process of hiring a CFO who will likely produce some sort of more detailed financial report going forward. To date anything too comprehensive would divert much needed attention.

Because i'm feeling nice i will briefly cover everything without direct reference.

1. What is the structure of Dash core's expenses?
core works to publish a balance sheet quarterly

2. How many employees are there in Dash core?
60 roughly with 10 more in the pipeline.

2.1. What wages do they have?
Market Wages, (US based wages mostly?) reference industry standards.
Core is planning to increase closer to Crypto Market Rate, as it is a premium.

2.2. What are their KPIs?
really..

3. At what stage is Evolution now?
watch the evolution demo video, just released the other day.

3.1. Is there a gap between plan and fact?
Ummm, this is a matter of perspective. If anything evolution is exceeding the plan.

3.2. Do the developers fulfil their commitments?
Who is going to judge that? I don't think apple developers fulfill their commitments.

4. Not so long ago I heard the news that Dash core belongs to DAO now. What exact mechanism was used to make this possible?
This is explained in a few different areas. Dash force news might have something written or its in the weekly podcast.

5. Do we have any instruments to influence Dash core besides the voting for or against their proposals?
Well beyond proposals you can vote not to use their code like any crypto. Not sure how much more you can ask for. Especially with the facts around question 4.

6. Dash core organises meetups and conferences. How much does it cost us?
Proposals have these details for conferences.
No meetups are funded by dash core.

6.1. What are results of such events?
Many Integrations are the results of past conferences.

7. Dash core finances some R&D, if I'm not mistaken.
Evan (founder) finances specific R&D with his personal dash.
Masternodes decide fund other R&D.

7.1 What are these projects? How much do they cost? What they yield? Where can we see reports?
Research, most of what you are asking for is long term things, you won't know the yield for years. R&D is a money sink and for Evan he is not obligated to report back to anyone.

8. I don't fully understand Dash's marketing strategy. We allocate decent budgets on Ogilvy, but it seems that we don't have central strategy, which other marketing proposals can align to. Yes, decentralisation is good and me myself run marketing proposal for Russian market.
In the same time we put tons of money in Dash core's central marketing, but it seems that there is no transparency in it yet. It would be great to have a look on their reports.

Core just requested the first real marketing budget. There is no report yet because there is no progress.
Dash force news weekly youtube podcast had a update with Fernando with some detail about Ogilvy and you will see much more this next week.

Also there is dash watch for the proposals

Back