• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash core wallet and Norton virus scanner

dashakti

Up until now, I have been using hardware wallets to store my dash. I thought I would try out the core wallet. So, went to dash.org, downloaded the "dashcore-0.12.1.5-win32-setup.exe". I compared the hash and it matched.

Within a few minutes of downloading the installer, "Norton security suite" flags this file as a threat and deletes it automatically. I tried this a few times, and every time it flags the file as high risk and automatically deletes the file. Norton message is "Trojan.Gen.8!Cloud detected by virus scanner".

I attached the screenshot. You can see the file name and the norton message clearly. I hope someone can look into this and help me.

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    110 KB · Views: 55
@tungfa Thank you. Since the hash matches with the hash file, I guess it is a false positive.

exactly
i talked to the devs about this before - they gave me the details for that wiki post and said exactly the same (false positive)

This is happening to me now with Window Defender Window 10.
I have my Dash Core/ Wallet for over a month and everything has been working fine until last night. When I opened my Dash Core Window Defender Delete the "dash-qt.exe" file from its location. The antivirus now says Trojan:Win32/Clavior.B!cl Alert level: Severe Actions: Quarantine

Items: File C:\Program Files\Dash Core\dash-qt.exe;

Any Help from anyone before I do anything. My wallet is backed up ok.

Thank you everyone!

Back