• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core ver0.16.1.0 - Cant encrypt a freshly installed empty wallet

Rio7869

Hi,

After installing 0.16.1.0 I tried to encrypt the wallet via settings -> encrypt wallet. It asks for the decrypt password? The icon in the bottom left when hovered over tells me my wallet is unencrypted.

What I am I missing something?

Win10 ver 1909
dashcore-0.16.1.0-win64-setup.exe

any help appreciated

Ric

Hi,

After installing 0.16.1.0 I tried to encrypt the wallet via settings -> encrypt wallet. It asks for the decrypt password? The icon in the bottom left when hovered over tells me my wallet is unencrypted.

What I am I missing something?

Win10 ver 1909
dashcore-0.16.1.0-win64-setup.exe

any help appreciated

Ric

I just tested it and you are right, newly generated wallet asks for a wallet passphrase to decrypt the wallet. Yet the wallet is not even encrypted.
So instead of doing an encryption action, wallet ends up doing a decryption action.

Update : we got the developers attention on this issue --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/3816

Last edited:
Amazing, saw they have found the issue and resolved in hot fix 0.16.1.1. How can this be applied? Is it a download or do I just wait for the next release.

无标题.jpg

Amazing, saw they have found the issue and resolved in hot fix 0.16.1.1. How can this be applied? Is it a download or do I just wait for the next release.

We will have to wait for the announcement of a hot fix release i think, it is currently not yet downloadable.

Dash Core 0.16.1.1 Release Announcement

Make sure to read the 'Verification of Downloads' guide, it is an important verification process that users should get familiar with.

Dash.org is not yet updated, so for now it can only be downloaded from Github.
You can also wait a day until dash.org has been updated, and get the update from there.

Last edited:
Back