• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core v18.2.2 (Hotfix) Released, All nodes, please update ASAP

Weird, should 'master' branche in this overview not show latest pull request for v18.2.2 ? Why is it still showing UdjinM6 pull request (date Jan 13) for v18.2.1 ?

1679557002366.png

Source : https://github.com/dashpay/dash

Weird, should 'master' branche in this overview not show latest pull request for v18.2.2 ? Why is it still showing UdjinM6 pull request (date Jan 13) for v18.2.1 ?

I don't think that this is weird, considering their branching strategy.
Also, the releases are properly signed. Gitian builds also check out.

The lack of official announcement and contradicting information on the tagged release VS the README (one highly recommending the update, the other calling it "optional") is weird to me, though.

I don't think that this is weird, considering their branching strategy.
Also, the releases are properly signed. Gitian builds also check out.

The lack of official announcement and contradicting information on the tagged release VS the README (one highly recommending the update, the other calling it "optional") is weird to me, though.

I think its due to v18.2.2 (hotfix) not merged on top of master branche (first time i see this happening) :

Knipsel.JPG

Which means anyone taking a quick look at the Dashpay Github master branche or gathering data/statistics from it (for example dashninja.pl) will overlook the v18.2.2 (hotfix) release. I did check the signature and SHA-256 hash, as i do with each release, and that indeed pans out.

The latest Dash Platform and Core Development Update also mentioned this v18.2.2 hotfix release : www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZYWG_FVPE (timestamp 38:45), calling it a very important update. Pasta also mentioned the issue/vulnerability has less risk of exploit on Mainnet right now, as they contacted some large MNO's and made sure a large portion of the Masternode network upgraded. This explains why 34.1% of masternodes already updated to v18.2.2 within 5-8 hours i think.

All in all i think the 'highly recommending the update' message is the correct one.

Currently 56.4% of masternodes updated to v18.2.2 (hotfix) and if everything goes according to plan v19.0.0 will be released 6th of April 2023
(which i assume will be merged directly on top of the master branche).

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It seems we forgot to push it to master. We’ll do that very soon.

Back