• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core v0.14 on Mainnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
@camosoul the docs and instructions are pretty good IMHO, and if details are missing/misleading then it is something that is usually fixed fast. Your babbling about bad documentation is out of place here tbh.

When it comes to misconfiguration, everyone who has issues please run "dash-cli masternode status" on the masternode and it will tell you if your node is configured well. Also make sure to NOT run the same masternode twice, as this is guaranteed to get you banned.

According my calculations only 315 blocks to go before the second window / 4032 blocks has ended and we could have a possible DIP8 lock-in.
Second window should end with block 1,084,608

To check for a possible lock-in : issue a "getblockchaininfo" command
After the lock-in there will be another window of 4032 blocks to activate DIP8

Last edited:
For DIP8 to activate we need 80% of blocks between 1080577 and 1084608 to be signaling support. That's 3226 blocks or more. Block 1084340 was the 3226th block since 1080577 to signal so DIP8 is now guaranteed to be locked in and will active at 1088640. Since is expected to happen (with 90% probability) on 2019-06-17 between 7:05 and 16:32 UTC.

Last edited:
For DIP8 to activate we need 80% of blocks between 1080577 and 1084608 to be signaling support. That's 3226 blocks or more. Block 1084340 was the 3226th block since 1080577 to signal so DIP8 is now guaranteed to be locked in and will active at 1088640. Since is expected to happen (with 90% probability) on 2019-07-17 between 7:05 and 16:32 UTC.
Yup, we have locked in

upload_2019-6-9_17-54-1.png

For DIP8 to activate we need 80% of blocks between 1080577 and 1084608 to be signaling support. That's 3226 blocks or more. Block 1084340 was the 3226th block since 1080577 to signal so DIP8 is now guaranteed to be locked in and will active at 1088640. Since is expected to happen (with 90% probability) on 2019-07-17 between 7:05 and 16:32 UTC.

First window / first 4032 blocks : failure to lock-in DIP8, due to lack of support

Started with block 1,076,544
Ended with block 1,080,576

Second window / second 4032 blocks : will most likely lock-in DIP8, as miners now seems to show enough support

Starting with block : 1,080,577
Ending with block : 1,084,609

Third window / third 4032 blocks : will most likely activate DIP8, depending on lock-in taking place in second window.

Starting with block : 1,084,610
Ending with block : 1,088,642

Edit : strange, thought we still had 10 or 12 hours to go for a lock-in, but according to flare we indeed have already locked in. Dont these windows have an exact number of blocks ? (4032?) :confused:

Last edited:
Edit : strange, thought we still had 10 or 12 hours to go for a lock-in, but according to flare we indeed have already locked in.
Technically you are right: The period has 260 blocks left. But as we are beyond the 80% threshold already we are past point of no return and i consider it as locked in :)

First window / first 4032 blocks : failure to lock-in DIP8, due to lack of support

Started with block 1,076,544
Ended with block 1,080,576

That's 4033 blocks.

Second window / second 4032 blocks : will most likely lock-in DIP8, as miners now seems to show enough support

Starting with block : 1,080,577
Ending with block : 1,084,609

If the first window started at 1,076,544, then the second window must also start at an even number, otherwise you have a window with odd size.
I'm not sure what is the exact cut off, but I assumed every window start with an odd number since I assume the first block was #1. But I might be off by one.

Technically you are right: The period has 260 blocks left. But as we are beyond the 80% threshold already we are past point of no return and i consider it as locked in :)

Any information when spork 19 (ChainLock) will be activated ? I exspected this spork to be activated already as the Dash Core v0.14 Planned Upgrade Phases mentions "The DKG Spork (17) will be activated,
followed shortly by the ChainLock spork (19)"

pIoeW9S.jpg

Are you planning to do this after lock-in of DIP8? or after activation of DIP8 ? (when ChainLocks is enforced as well)
Or a period after that ?

Last edited:
I thought DIP8 = chain locks?

So far i know DIP8 activation enforces ChainLocks. But there is still a spork (19) that needs to be activated manually.
Dash Core v0.14 Planned Upgrade Phases scheme puts the spork 19 activation right after the DKG spork activation.

Y4v3k29.jpg

Is it me or has the masternode's server memory usage and disk usage grown substantially in size lately ?

Memory usage is now per dashd between 800MB and 900MB ? Was it always this size ? I seem to remember a lower value per dashd (not totally sure)
Disk usage per masternode between 13 and 14 GB (Edit : this could actually be normal size now i think about it, as the blockchain itself should be approx that size)

On a side note : Number of active masternodes with a PoSe Penalty seems to have stabilized at around 310 masternodes.

Last edited:
Is it me or has the masternode's server memory usage and disk usage grown substantially in size lately ?

Memory usage is now per dashd between 800MB and 900MB ? Was it always this size ? I seem to remember a lower value per dashd (not totally sure)
Before v0.14 memory usage was about 700 MB, now it is about 1 GB, so yes mem usage is grown, but i think its expected.
Disk usage is now 12.6 GB.

Leftist Dickhead said:
Fixing our problems is someone else's responsibility. Anyone who brings up the topic is marked as that someone. If they don't want to fix our problems for us, we'll turn the rhetoric around on them.
Bigger Leftist Dickhead said:
Even better, we ignore the circumstances that make it impossible for someone else to fix our problems for us, even as we mock and belittle those bringing this to our attention.
Exceptionally Large Leftist Dickhead said:
Everyone, SSShhuuuuush! Pretend there is no problem even though it is plainly observable. Gaslighting is all we've got left!
Gargantuan Leftist Dickhead said:
No, wait! Include a mock invitation to assist with that which we know nobody else can do but us, then portray him as the jerk for not doing what we all know only we can do for ourselves! Slander him as lazy and tell him we have shovel-ready jobs if he reports to the nearest gulag right now!

anyway...

Of the ~150 nodes I was monitoring, only 2 remain online. I estimated 8 days to termination, but since I started posting about the problem the rate increased drastically.

It's almost like someone knows and has manual control, much like I theorized... Sporks are still under manual control, and a deterministic masternode list could extend that control...

If they were misconfigured how could they both still be online at this point? One with a flawless record?

Especially since the one with the flawless record is known for a fact to be misconfigured. It should have been flagged at least once by now... But, the ones that had nothing wrong with them, they're long gone...

I'm not going to bother asking how that's possible. Since it exposes something that isn't supposed to be exposed, there won't be a straight answer, probably more gaslighting, insults, etc...

War is Peace!
Freedom is Slavery!
Ignorance is Strength!

(you can't spell "freedom" without "ree.")

DASH is honked... smh

I have 2 MNs down today, and when restarting it loads block index and crash, reindex does not help.
I reported to @codablock and @UdjinM6 detailed report in privatemsg, lets wait.

I have 2 MNs down today, and when restarting it loads block index and crash, reindex does not help.
I reported to @codablock and @UdjinM6 detailed report in privatemsg, lets wait.

Reason for this crashing was LOW memory, and because of that,
MN crashed and made a corrupted database, after that resync/reindex didnt help because of low memory.

I upgraded VPS memory from 1GB to 4 GB and started dashd again with -reindex, and it was succesful and MN is back to normal.

So if you have 1 GB memory in your VPS/MN, prepare to upgrade your memory, and/or make swap if that is possible.

Thanks to @codablock and @UdjinM6 for resolving this fast!

Edit: added /reindex

Last edited:
Ya, we got it: You are the gaslighted victim, everyone else is a dickhead and anybody who can't see the issue you identified must be a idiot.

Btw: So far every report of a banned node turned out to be either user error, misconfiguration or insufficient hardware resources. But as this does not fit your conspiracy theory driven world it must be the leftest dickheads who have a secret switch embedded in the code to kick every user/node to their liking ... and earth is flat.

Have a nice day.

Before v0.14 memory usage was about 700 MB, now it is about 1 GB, so yes mem usage is grown, but i think its expected.
Disk usage is now 12.6 GB.
Correction/update: now my VPS have 4 GB memory, dashd uses it about 1.5 Gb now.

Latest stats on DKG spork activation:

Slope: bans/day=72.23
Correlation: r=0.991
Estimated network death: 65 days
Masternodes banned: 372 (7.5%)
Masternodes revived: 74
Revived masternodes banned: 7 (9.5%)
total-bans-20190610.png

Estimated network death: 65 days
Past performance is not indicative of future results - but thanks for capturing some stats :)

There are still 70 "closed port" nodes plus 70 outdated Dash v0.13 nodes registered in the network, so these 140 will be at least added to the body count the next days/weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back