• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash charity fund ?

Lol, I don't view Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Google, Visa, Paypal as being greedy. They provide services that have improved the lives of humans on earth. I haven't heard of them doing charity.
look into it and you will find that all of those listed do give to charity and political funds, It's completely common.

look into it and you will find that all of those listed do give to charity and political funds, It's completely common.

I've never heard of it in my life. I have however heard of Apple and Google wanting to build those automatic cars to improve our lives, cool stuff if you ask me. I don't see charity eliminating car crashes and road dangers...

You know Africa is probably one of the countries that gets the most in charities? Those guys never get they're feet off the ground do they... Haiti is still crap.

Japan went through a tsunami, a nuclear disaster and an earthquake and those guys are back on they're feet.

IMO charities never improve the lives of anyone, it is the people that are supposed to receive them that have to make a mental change.

Think about social welfare and how much good that has given us, 19 trillion in debt?

I agree that most charities are frivolous, but that's why I mentioned the vetting process to qualify, there is a difference between "deserving poor" and "undeserving poor". It's just an image thing. and wouldn't really cost dash anything to do it. I don't understand the reluctance. This conversation shouldn't be, should we donate? but how much and who to?

Charity is a waste. It is better to build capitalistic minds than to build social welfare lazy minds.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Social welfare never helps! and has no idea how to allocate funds because they don't give a damn. However there are actual private charities out there that do a lot of good for people.

What do you think ?
Been thinking about this also. Biggest problem is how to organize this, me thinks, without letting bad actors getting the money. I don't see a way (yet)
BUT! We have the awesome guys from The Crypto Show and the Unsung charity. http://thecryptoshow.com/unsungdash-charitywork/
If someone trusted puts up a proposal and donates (minus 5 for proposal) to unsung.org donation adres i'll vote for it.

Too big? Superbowl ad. You make me laugh, what a ridiculous waste of money! There are far more cost effective ways to advertise a product. It costs between 5 and 5.5 million dollars for 30 seconds during the supwrbowl on average. Not to mention the cost to produce the commercial, I assume you want it to be good. What we are discussing here is tiny compared to that, no matter what metric you use. And it wouldn't be for advertising, but for PR. Giving to charity, would make dash stand out from the crowd, and also give us bragging rights to use in said commercials.
By too big I meant that you are skipping one step, i.e. variable proposals. So you wish to have variable proposals AND that that Dash goes to charity. You see, it's two different proposals and a person might favor one but not the other.

And my reasoning for a superbowl ad is that presenting Dash to 115 million viewers does way more for Dash than giving money to charities.

By too big I meant that you are skipping one step, i.e. variable proposals. So you wish to have variable proposals AND that that Dash goes to charity. You see, it's two different proposals and a person might favor one but not the other.

And my reasoning for a superbowl ad is that presenting Dash to 115 million viewers does way more for Dash than giving money to charities.
Ok, and just to clarify, I'm not against saving for the Superbowl ad also. I just don't think it's the most cost effective way to advertise. And I don't see why we couldn't do both.. if dao gives to charity it's something you could mention in the ad. I haven't got the whole thing worked out but I think it is still worth entertaining the idea.

Last edited:

Their naive argument is that whenever some Dash coins are destroyed, the rest Dash coins get more value. This is based in the economic theory of the scarity of money.

Nobody has ever calculated of course the value that the remaining Dash coins get from the burning of those few Dash coins, neither someone has ever caclulated the value that the rest Dash coins may get in case those few Dash coins are not burned but invested in a good cause.

This case is yet another proof of the vices that the Dash generation of 2014-2016 have.

Last edited:
I've never heard of it in my life. I have however heard of Apple and Google wanting to build those automatic cars to improve our lives, cool stuff if you ask me. I don't see charity eliminating car crashes and road dangers...

You know Africa is probably one of the countries that gets the most in charities? Those guys never get they're feet off the ground do they... Haiti is still crap.

Japan went through a tsunami, a nuclear disaster and an earthquake and those guys are back on they're feet.

IMO charities never improve the lives of anyone, it is the people that are supposed to receive them that have to make a mental change.

Think about social welfare and how much good that has given us, 19 trillion in debt?

You never heard of corporations doing charity? Were you in a coma most of your life?
Apparently you believe there is no oppression in the world - it just the people being oppressed that need to make a mental change. LMAO

I think charities might be good pr, but we are just not ready yet. Let's revisit in 2 years.
This post was a response to a proposal that wanted to do a charity, there will be many like that in the years to come, and I like to think that the MNs should be working on their own ideas regarding this and thus deterring any future proposals of this nature.
There is nothing wrong with hashing out a possible future project 2 years to early.

I would like to respond in the future to any charity proposal that we might have with "we are working on our own charity proposal"

Back