• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash board

mjsrs

As a learning exercise I've created this board to monitor DASH:

https://mjsrs.firebaseapp.com/
https://dash-stats.firebaseapp.com/

Information is collected with a python script from a wallet running on a local docker container.
Info is then uploaded to firebase database and automatically updated on the website.
The website is hosted by firebase.

What information should I add?
Feedback is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your price seems to be off by about +.03 cents in the USD conversion, what sources are you using for conversion? Maybe you are using ask instead of bid for price calculation?

I love what you've done except for this detail, if corrected I can see myself using this on a daily basis :).

Pablo.

Does it auto-update? I can't tell so far :).

Pablo.

Sorry to spam:

A good thing to add would be "total coins" :).

Pablo.

Pablo, thanks for the input.

About the price, I'm using Cryptsy Public API. I'm getting last trade from DASH/BTC market and last trade from BTC/USD for the conversion.
I'll correct this to use the first bid of the order book.
If you think there are better sources let me know.

Yes, it should auto-update. Something is wrong if it's not updating.

I'll definitely add "total coins". Just have to find how to get/calculate it.

Thank you for taking my suggestions, I love your page; I've actually been looking for something like this for a while.

I'm gonna set up a TV on my office wall with your page so I can keep track of Dash at a glance ;).

Pablo.

Really nice one! Good job!

Btw you should declare this var timestamp_time_since outside of callback function ;)

I'd also like to see it mobile friendly :)

Let us know when you get a chance to fix the price thingy, and thanks for adding total coins. If you really want to go overboard, you could add small historical graph below every value :p.

Pablo.

Great feedback, guys! Your feedback motivates me to keep on improving it. Thanks

fible1 darkcoinprice.com uses last DASH/BTC trade price, but don't know where they are getting the BTC/USD price.
You say this is the most accurate, with which price are you comparing with?

UdjinM6 Thanks for reviewing the code. Yeh, I'l have to work on the website responsiveness.

Great feedback, guys! Your feedback motivates me to keep on improving it. Thanks

fible1 darkcoinprice.com uses last DASH/BTC trade price, but don't know where they are getting the BTC/USD price.
You say this is the most accurate, with which price are you comparing with?

UdjinM6 Thanks for reviewing the code. Yeh, I'l have to work on the website responsiveness.

Hey :),
They have the cryptsy bid and Im guessing they convert USD through Blockchain.info.

Pablo.

Maybe also add the BTC Price as another value :).

Pablo.

That was fast! You Rock :),

Price is still off though :D

Pablo.

Pablo, thanks for the input.

About the price, I'm using Cryptsy Public API. I'm getting last trade from DASH/BTC market and last trade from BTC/USD for the conversion.
I'll correct this to use the first bid of the order book.
If you think there are better sources let me know.

The Cryptsy values sometimes "hang" for a couple of hours and don't change...I use Cryptsy, Bitfinex and Bittrex and average the result from these 3.

It's also a good idea to use the DASH-BTC value from Cryptsy, the DASH-USD ticker lacks volume and therefore isn't very accurate.

Thanks crowning for the suggestion.
I'll try to calculate the average BTC-USD too and see how it works out.

UdjinM6 It is now mobile friendly. Give it a try.
I would also add
Code:
.jumbotron {
    padding-left: 30px;
}
to move text a bit away from the left border on small screens too.
But anyway, nice one! :smile:

Back