• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Bloodbath (Lock MN collateral blockchain-wide, spend more budget funds on dev)

I'm glad everyone that disagreed and disliked my post will now start to consider all the things that have been said in this post. It is only until you bleed that you reconsider things. This could have been avoided if Masternode funds get locked in wallets for a month or so, or a queue system is implemented.

The current system allows for masternodes to be able to sell/trade at any time, that is very unfair for other masternodes that are committed with the Dash project.

Dash is great while everybody is buying, but when Masternodes decide to sell it's game over. Masternode funds need to be locked my friends. This stuff can't happen again, especially not when evolution arrives.

Dash is great while everybody is buying, but when Masternodes decide to sell it's game over. Masternode funds need to be locked my friends. This stuff can't happen again, especially not when evolution arrives.

We get to price stability by raising the market cap, not by locking funds. Dash will be more stable once it reaches $1k~$2k.

We get to price stability by raising the market cap, not by locking funds. Dash will be more stable once it reaches $1k~$2k.

I hope your not a Masternode dude cause your mind isn't right :/

Once Evolution hits, Dash will easily go to $300+. If Masternodes aren't locked, the dump next time will be worst than this time.

Ahaha. You've put the money to pay your bills in crypto? Ahahah
I just bought a Hummer with DASH using shakepay.co's Shake Blue service.
366cf87ec08947559f4bb467d3246c0d.jpg

You know... Because the price is so low...

Mandatory locking of funds is a horrible idea, imo. For an investor thinking about buying in, that kind of thing just sounds alarm bells. But, voluntary locking of funds wouldn't be terrible, if there was a way to implement that with some kind of smart contract.

Mandatory locking of funds is a horrible idea, imo. For an investor thinking about buying in, that kind of thing just sounds alarm bells. But, voluntary locking of funds wouldn't be terrible, if there was a way to implement that with some kind of smart contract.

The less masternodes, the more profits for the masternodes from the miners.

Locking funds to stabilize a currency is against almost everything Satoshi tried to implement with Bitcoin.

And, BTW, why should the 1000 DASH of MY Masternode be locked and not the 423.54 DASH in your wallet?

After all, my Masternode offers a service for the network, you wallet doesn't.

Locking funds to stabilize a currency is against almost everything Satoshi tried to implement with Bitcoin.

And, BTW, why should the 1000 DASH of MY Masternode be locked and not the 423.54 DASH in your wallet?

After all, my Masternode offers a service for the network, you wallet doesn't.

Sorry I'm not sure where you've been getting your news pal/friend/femme.

Dash is nothing like Bitcoin so there's no point in imitating it.

Bitcoin has lots of problems.

Attachments

• Dash Pic.png
    Dash Pic.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 110
dash price dropped by almost 50% from the top , while this doesnt create issues for people who joined last year
it creates major pyschological problems for newbies

do you think the people with major holdings can do some sort of price stabilisation that can potentially help smooth the volatility ?

It's a free market in effect. You can't really do much about it unless you have a few million USD laying around.
Cryptos are still volatile, so this is normal and some correction was expected after the last price hike.
This is actually a good time to invest in Dash. I'm always amazed at people that whine about not buying when the price was low, and then when the price actually falls, they run away scared, only to whine again when it goes up.

i guess , the big whales should probably do what the central banks ( as much as you hate them) do , ie sell when the price shoots up and buy when it falls in effect reduce the volatility

too much volatility is definitely a bad thing as you all know

i guess , the big whales should probably do what the central banks ( as much as you hate them) do , ie sell when the price shoots up and buy when it falls in effect reduce the volatility

too much volatility is definitely a bad thing as you all know

say that again "what the central banks do " .... ;) ... think about it - aren't we here to be exactly not directed and trapped by them or any centralized entity
read up on austrian economics :rolleyes:

in the long term yes , it can be purely market driven , but right now this sort of volatility is absoulelty heart breaking ,

the price dropped by 50% in just 2 weeks , a whole bunch of folks would never touch dash again

if the big whales stepped in and provided stability , would be slightly better imo

in the long term yes , it can be purely market driven , but right now this sort of volatility is absoulelty heart breaking ,

the price dropped by 50% in just 2 weeks , a whole bunch of folks would never touch dash again

if the big whales stepped in and provided stability , would be slightly better imo

yes and the 2 weeks before it went up x % - so the "whales" should have stopped the rise then ? come on - this is an open market - traders trade and that is where (for now) a lot of the value is coming from
1 yer ago we had the opposite discussion where people wanted less masternodes as they were worries the MNs do not leave enough volume for traders
u gotta let it play out - nobody has ever tried anything like this - the idea is that the network runs free and independent ...

Back