• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Bloodbath (Lock MN collateral blockchain-wide, spend more budget funds on dev)

You don't understand how the system works then. The Dash is created and distributed to the proposal holders automatically by the Dash system. Nobody hands out the money manually.
Dash system is not aware of any other currency, so it cannot take it into account. Also, linking it to any other currency would be extremely wrong and completely contrary to the basic function of the cryptocurrency system.

It sounds to me then it is great for fraudsters. Nice to know. Let me go make a proposal now that DASH is cheap. And once DASH rebounds to $80 USD, collect that 25% USD difference from $60 to $80 for myself ;)

Don't forget that Dash could also be worth less when you collect it.
Dash is still not stable enough because of relatively low market cap but in the long run, cryptocurrencies should potentially be much more stable than USD or any other fiat currency.

Don't forget that Dash could also be worth less when you collect it.
Dash is still not stable enough because of relatively low market cap but in the long run, cryptocurrencies should potentially be much more stable than USD or any other fiat currency.

With your logic, I could trade proposals instead of trading in Poloniex.com, maybe I can make more money off proposals. Who knows? Collect that difference once DASH rebounds higher and take a cruise to the Bahamas or something.

You don't understand how the system works then. The Dash is created and distributed to the proposal holders automatically by the Dash system. Nobody hands out the money manually.
Dash system is not aware of any other currency, so it cannot take it into account. Also, linking it to any other currency would be extremely wrong and completely contrary to the basic function of the cryptocurrency system.

Bullshits. Of course Dash system can be aware of any other currency. But you need to pay developers for that. Not to spend the money in youtube videos and feasts.
If you want to see a system that is aware of USD, have a look at http://dashvotetracker.com/

So what? You are proposing linking Dash system to some exchange to get the current USD value (setting aside the fact that USD is not the currency that most of the world population uses anyway), which is centralized and can drop off the Internet at any given time?
How is that in any way compatible with the basic cryptocurrency idea of decentralization?

So what? You are proposing linking Dash system to some exchange to get the current USD value (setting aside the fact that USD is not the currency that most of the world population uses anyway), which is centralized and can drop off the Internet at any given time?
How is that in any way compatible with the basic cryptocurrency idea of decentralization?

The USD is the world reserve currency you dummy. Get your facts straight.

It won't be for long. Russia and China are already in the process of circumventing it.

Approved proposals this month.

Pure development:
DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration ($26,730.00) Graph
Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April ($18,117.00) Graph
Buy-Sell Dash Directly within the WALLET ($16,791.19) Graph
total: 61638 USD

Mixed developers and marketeers.
Proposal: Core Team Expansion ($77,430.87) Graph
Proposal: Core Team Salaries (April) ($23,585.36) Graph
total: 101015 USD

Pure Advertising and marketing:
Professional Recruiting 2017-04-19 ($33,623.96) Graph
Proposal: Conferences & Travel (April) ($29,906.71) Graph
Proposal: Marketing & Communication (April) ($16,230.46) Graph
DASH: Detailed + New Weekly 'Spotlight' Series ($12,771.00) Graph
DashForce: February - May ($12,177.00) Graph
DASH PLAY AWARDS INTERNATIONAL CONTEST ($10,395.00) Graph
12.1 Renew Sponsorship of The Crypto Show and Unsung: Hacking Hunger ($8,731.80) Graph
Proposal : Dash/Bitcoin improvement protocols ($7,128.00) Graph
A DASH Branded ATM Systems South Jersey USA ($4,455.00) Graph
A Dash Brand ATM in downtown Lyon (70 Dash) ($4,158.00) Graph
digex.club's new horizons ($1,485.00) Graph
DASH For Newbies Blog And Video Series ($1,485.00) Graph
Weekly Dash meetups (presentations + practical lessons) throughout Ukraine ($1,188.00) Graph
Bitcuners Meetup Proposal ($950.40) Graph
total: 144692 USD

Last edited:
With the estimated 200 trillion USD in unfunded liabilities, I wouldn't bet on dollar in the long run. It will fall hard. It's just a matter of time.

With your logic, I could trade proposals instead of trading in Poloniex.com, maybe I can make more money off proposals. Who knows? Collect that difference once DASH rebounds higher and take a cruise to the Bahamas or something.

No one is going to vote for anything that you propose because you have the wrong mindset.

@demo - Fixed it for you..

Development:
DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration ($26,730.00) Graph

total: 162653 USD

Integration/Support/Infrastructure:

total: 49346 USD

Advertising and marketing:
12.1 Renew Sponsorship of The Crypto Show and Unsung: Hacking Hunger ($8,731.80) Graph
Weekly Dash meetups (presentations + practical lessons) throughout Ukraine ($1,188.00) Graph

total: 95318 USD

Pure development:
total: 61638 USD

Mixed developers and marketeers.
total: 101015 USD

Pure Advertising and marketing:
total: 144692 USD

This thread got completely moved to the Economics>Economy>Speculation side of the website. No longer in General Discussion. I guess the truth hurts.

@demo - Fixed it for you..

Development:

total: 162653 USD

Integration/Support/Infrastructure:

total: 49346 USD

Advertising and marketing:

total: 95318 USD

I think you are wrong. The core team includes both advertisers-marketeers and developers.

Last edited:
I think you are wrong. The core team includes both advertisers-marketeers and developers.

I disagree... Business development does not fall under the category of marketing/advertising. They are two very different things. It's also a small amount of the Core team spend in any case, it's the salary of Daniel and Matt. Hardly a criminal expenditure :rolleyes:

Putting them all together is sneaky accounting, window dressing to achieve the picture you want to paint..

Walter

I disagree... Business development does not fall under the category of marketing/advertising. They are two very different things. It's also a small amount of the Core team spend in any case, it's the salary of Daniel and Matt. Hardly a criminal expenditure :rolleyes:

Putting them all together is sneaky accounting, window dressing to achieve the picture you want to paint..

Walter

In that case the core team is classified as 85% development and 15% marketing, so you should divide the expenses accordinly.

But anyway, this disagreement between you and me rises a big issue. How more than one persons can cooperate in order to classify something? What if someone says this belongs here, and someone else says this belong there? The solution is to allow people to put tags and then something gets the tag which most of the people decided to put to it.

The classification is a very important issue in any governance system. This should be done in a more convenient way of course, and someone has to develop the appropriate software in order to allow people to put tags and clasiffy things.

So back in our case, what is the opinion of the rest of you? I clasiffy the core team as both developers and advertisers, but @Walter clasiffies it as pure developers. So let other forum users to classify it, and the lets see what is the correct tag to put in the core team in order to classify it as budget expense.

In that case the core team is classified as 85% development and 15% marketing, so you should divide the expenses accordinly.

But anyway, this disagreement between you and me rises a big issue. How more than one persons can cooperate in order to classify something? What if someone says this belongs here, and someone else says this belong there? The solution is to allow people to put tags and then something gets the tag which most of the people decided to put to it.

The classification is a very important issue in any governance system. This should be done in a more convenient way of course, and someone has to develop the appropriate software in order to allow people to put tags and clasiffy things.

So back in our case, what is the opinion of the rest of you? I clasiffy the core team as both developers and advertisers, but @Walter clasiffies it as pure developers. So let other forum users to classify it, and the lets see what is the correct tag to put in the core team in order to classify it as budget expense.

https://www.dash.org/team/

Can you see any advertisers/marketers listed there?

Walter

Back