• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Blockchain Users and MimbleWimble

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
For those not familiar, transactions in MimbleWimble, or rather as implemented in Grin, have an unusual handshake thing going on. You send what amounts to an "invoice" and the recipient signs it to confirm receipt. Obviously, this is very different to what we're used to in dash, but actually, it does seem very close to what happens with Blockchain Users i.e. both parties add each others ID.

I like MW, it achieves excellent privacy in an elegant way. The minimalist design also keeps their blockchain very small. However, the handshake thing mentioned above is somewhat problematic; both parties can be offline, but there does need to be some kind of p2p exchange to send and receive, even if it's handed off to a https server.

So here's my thing. I can't help thinking the MW protocol with dash masternodes is a perfect match. Can someone please give some feedback / thoughts on this possibility? Is dash doing any research along these lines?

Thanks

@Darren

Last edited:
I imagine there is a need to keep the eye on the prize. For Dash, that prize is evolution. Any other work would take time away from the advertised goal.

MimbleWimble is in a very early, very experimental stage. I'll keep an eye on it.

Back