• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH Block Explorers with InstantSend

HashEngineering

Today, various members were chatting at the Digital Cash Slack in the support and tech channel about Dash N Drink and getting various apps that have the ability to use InstantSend.

One such app mentioned was Jaxx. After going to their website and finding their source code listing to be rather useless, I downloaded their app for Chrome and use the debugging tools to find the part of the code that handles sending coins.

For Bitcoin, the app uses one of several Block Explorers that have a pushtx API. This api allows the app to send transactions and Jaxx is not the only app to use these kinds of functions. Other examples include Blockchain's android app and Samourai (under development).

For Dash, Jaxx currently uses its own Insight Block explorer API to send transactions.

The question is: What about adding the Instant Send API to ABE and Insight based DASH block explorers? This would allow some more apps to use InstantSend (for sending). Perhaps the Jaxx developers will do this own their own.

No idea how I missed this one, sorry for the delay!

Setting up notifications of an InstantSend transaction (transaction lock) is straightforward and has a super clear development route. Going the other direction is a bit less charted but I think equally doable - consider it added to the list, stay tuned :D

Wow not sure if I can do anything in abe for pushtx... The only thing I did in abe was changing the theme :p
And isn't receiving tx via web api a mean to dos the network and get my node banned?

The question is: What about adding the Instant Send API to ABE and Insight based DASH block explorers? This would allow some more apps to use InstantSend (for sending). Perhaps the Jaxx developers will do this own their own.

Abe is just a database which gets and analyses blockchain data either directly from the block-files or asking dashd via RPC. And has a web-interface to show the data.

What you ask for is actually a running dashd which exposes its RPC interface to the public. You can do that directly via "rpcallowip" in dash.conf, or more secure write a little web-wrapper around it do handle DOS and other ugly stuff.

Back