• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash advertising in games ?

Dash4Ever

Hey guys!

I've been thinking about advertising Dash. What do you think about advertising in games? We can through this reaching out to many different people, appear on stream and e-games tournaments. Made a quick preview how it may look, this is CS:GO

gaming_ad.jpg

Do we know any game devolopers ? :)

Hey guys!

I've been thinking about advertising Dash. What do you think about advertising in games? We can through this reaching out to many different people, appear on stream and e-games tournaments. Made a quick preview how it may look, this is CS:GO

gaming_ad.jpg

Do we know any game devolopers ? :)
Great idea! BTW, the dash.org website looks pretty slick at the bottom under the DASH logo... that's a subtle but huge change.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/668555624834326530

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think actual in-game advertising is the right move. I think far better to give a developer a few hundred dash and let them incorporate the dash as part of the game / app. For example, there is a language learning app called "Social Language" and it gives out points when you help people.. but equally, you lose points when you take lessons. Imagine if that was dash instead of points.. pay dash for consuming lessons, and dash earned for helping others. Thus, there'd be a self-sustaining ecosystem with the possibility that users can spend their money elsewhere.

To help prevent multiple funding of such app(s), it would ideally be an app(s) that us dash users would actually use.

The DAPI will be here soon, maybe we should use our time to identify appropriate games / apps in their early stages.

Hey guys!
I've been thinking about advertising Dash. What do you think about advertising in games?

Waste of money, nobody will notice it.

If you REALLY want to get the gamers find a developer who uses Dash for In-Game-Payments.

Almost every game for mobiles allows you to buy extras from within the game.

THAT's the place were Dash will become popular.

I'd be willing to lend some effort to this. I'm not an artist by any means, that's usually where my game concepts end... With some help, good ideas and a few dedicated people it could be possible to pull this off I would think.

Edit: Sorry for the necro on the thread.

if gamers can earn dash with the games, that's a winner, I was checking my iphone apple storelast night for a dodgecoin wallet app, and I saw lots of games with the dogecoin logo featured in the game, I did not look into it but I assume that users playing those games can earn doiodgecoin, but they market to kids so DASH would need to be more adult themed games

What we need to do is leverage the testnet Dash network and use it for games. Why? So people playing the free games can test our newest software to make sure the code works before releasing to MainNet.

Back