• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Across the Border Tour in the Bitcoin Bus 2018

Would you vote to approve this project?

• yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • maybe, if..... (please leave your "if" in the comments)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
I am looking for other cities in Mexico, the issue after talking to the Mexico City Bitcoin Meetup organizers is that they dont' know other bitcoin communities. I am open to visiting any Mexican City (that isn't in crazy mountains / terrain / the bus can get there) that has a bitcoin or crypto meetup, as of right now this is all we have found. Please help if you have any leads, I completely agree with you and have been seeking out other places to no avail.

I am open to any timeframe for the proposals that the community here feels is best... in the past we have always had sponsors pay us up front, and it really allows us to focus on the project at hand. Its a lot of work and we are usually so focused on logistics that filling a second time would definitely add an extra layer of stress. That is not to say I am opposed to it necessarily, just understand its hard finding internet sometimes on the road, and we are constantly either travelling/moving or communicating with small groups or large groups of people, even stopping at gas stations gets a lot of attention from people (we have set ups SO MANY WALLETS at gas stations from people coming up to talk to us). We will be in a driving billboard and it gets a lot of attention. My ideal would be to fund it and focus on execution, but again, I am open to how the community feels is most appropriate.
I can tell you to check out bitcuners.org but that's all the way to Cancun

Hey family, great initiative But I got only one question:

Why if this nice project is funded by DASH, the bus is still named Bitcoin Bus?

In this cryptoworld Dash and Bitcoin are really big competitors, also Bitcoin seems like completely opposite than Dash culture and philosophy

Will vote no
If there is anything we can change to make that a yes, I am open. We will be doing the tour either way, promoting dash either way, it would make since to have dash participating, and even more since to not dilute the message with non-dash sponsorships! We have gone out on a limb for dash in the Bitcoin community, we were banned from Las Vegas and Austin bitcoin meetups for our public support of dash!!!!! We will continue to do so and would love support from the dash community as well...

Either way, I appreciate the feedback and time/energy given here.

Hey family, great initiative But I got only one question:

Why if this nice project is funded by DASH, the bus is still named Bitcoin Bus?

In this cryptoworld Dash and Bitcoin are really big competitors, also Bitcoin seems like completely opposite than Dash culture and philosophy

It's just simply the name of our home, dash was not in my frame of reference when we got the bus and we have used the bus to travel on bitcoin-only and teach others about crypto and decentralized life.. If y'all don't want "bitcoin bus" logos visable during the tour, that's fine, we can put whatever branding we want up there. The the name of the bus is the name of the bus.

I think the Bitcoin Bus going on a second dash tour is a great way to get in at bitcoin meetups to discuss dash and the differences and why the time is NOW for dash.

I can't help but notice that you have priced this at $500/coin. It now hovers between $1100-1200. You had time to update the price calculation before posting this. This doesn't inspire confidence. And after reading about how much the network gave on your last trip without exclusive Dash branding I think you've done alright. Not to mention the failed Dash to Adoption proposal. I'll be voting no.

Hey
I can't help but notice that you have priced this at $500/coin. It now hovers between $1100-1200. You had time to update the price calculation before posting this. This doesn't inspire confidence. And after reading about how much the network gave on your last trip without exclusive Dash branding I think you've done alright. Not to mention the failed Dash to Adoption proposal. I'll be voting no.

I have not priced it at anything, this is a pre budget proposal conversation, I clearly said I don't know how to price it with the rapid price rising and am seeking feedback. How would you price it? Do any of us know what dash will be worth when it comes time for me to submit this in a few weeks? I dont.... Which is why I said I don't know how to value it in terms of dash and why I am seeking feedback.

At the end of the tour last year we spent all but half a dash, so I am not sure what you mean by "done alright", we busted our asses, worked hard, and did what we committed to do, which we intend to do again.

I think our previous tours speak for themselves. I understand there is disappointment about Dash To Adoption, John addressed that, did you get a chance to see his response above?

What would sollicite a yes vote from you? How would you price this in terms of dash?

Thanks for your time/energy/thoughtful feedback. <3

Hey

I have not priced it at anything, this is a pre budget proposal conversation, I clearly said I don't know how to price it with the rapid price rising and am seeking feedback. How would you price it? Do any of us know what dash will be worth when it comes time for me to submit this in a few weeks? I dont.... Which is why I said I don't know how to value it in terms of dash and why I am seeking feedback.

At the end of the tour last year we spent all but half a dash, so I am not sure what you mean by "done alright", we busted our asses, worked hard, and did what we committed to do, which we intend to do again.

I think our previous tours speak for themselves. I understand there is disappointment about Dash To Adoption, John addressed that, did you get a chance to see his response above?

What would sollicite a yes vote from you? How would you price this in terms of dash?

Thanks for your time/energy/thoughtful feedback. <3

Well that price is insanely too high. And after reading your itinerary, I don't know if there is much you can do to get my vote. Spreading Dash adoption at the Grand Canyon? What? This sounds like a family vacation on Dash's dime. There is no way to know what you spent on the last trip and after the Dash to Adoption fiasco I think trust has been lost. Dash is way past this kind of proposal and I don't think it looks good to support amateurish attempts at branding. Plus I just read about the Las Vegas meetup thing and it seemed like you were not the best representative for Dash. Why blow up the spot on some bitcoiners? We were all bitcoin people at one time. Can't risk you doing something antagonistic when Dash already has an image problem. No can do.

@CatherineBleish No one is doubting the life-changing effects bitcoin has had on our lives, really. I understand you have some emotional attachment to the "bitcoin bus" thing. However, not meaning to be rude, but it comes across as though you want all the benefits of a dash payout while continuing to sing the praises of a coin that has no interest in paying for your next adventure.

I'm sorry, back in the day, this kind of thing was inspiring / exciting - and probably it still could be with the right formula - but I'm not sure I am feeling the enthusiasm from you, or enough of a Unique Selling Point to make this work.

Scavenger hunts is one thing, but there was no detail to how this would be executed or the hype you could generate from it. Personally, I'd prefer to see more mainstream activities with dash prizes. Examples would include talent contests, or a cannonball-type race.

Well that price is insanely too high. And after reading your itinerary, I don't know if there is much you can do to get my vote. Spreading Dash adoption at the Grand Canyon? What? This sounds like a family vacation on Dash's dime. There is no way to know what you spent on the last trip and after the Dash to Adoption fiasco I think trust has been lost. Dash is way past this kind of proposal and I don't think it looks good to support amateurish attempts at branding. Plus I just read about the Las Vegas meetup thing and it seemed like you were not the best representative for Dash. Why blow up the spot on some bitcoiners? We were all bitcoin people at one time. Can't risk you doing something antagonistic when Dash already has an image problem. No can do.

Grand Canonyon is literally on the way home, and Cheap Air requested photo ops there when they sponsored us, so did gyft. Why would it be an issue? Its a HUGE tourist spot and LOTS of people, those are the best spots to promote crypto currency as the bus gets a LOT of attention every where we go. Gas stations and popular tourist spots are HOT places for advocacy and setting people up with wallets. They come to us, they ask questions, they tell us about the person they know who is into crypto, they open wallets, they get excited. Remember, most people have only heard of crypt currencies on the news or from a geeky friend, having someone show up in person and teach them is a big exciting deal for them!!

I had a budget for the last trip and spent per that budget exactly, not sure what you mean here.

I am surprised you saw me as antagonistic with the Bitcoin meetup, I don't remember "blowing up" at anyone. I have absolutely undergone a lot of personal growth since then and receive your feedback with open ears. I am willing to revisit that and always open to suggestion. I am sad you feel I don't make a good representative for dash, I have stood by dash while being kicked out of my home bitcoin meetup by bitcoin purists. I love dash and promote it everywhere I go, John and I have set up hundreds of people with wallets, not many people have done such. I am not perfect, but I am trying and think I do a damn good job.

We take family vacations, they do not involve this much work. If I wanted a vacation I would not be asking for a sponsorship requiring the coordination and execution of so many gatherings, presentations, etc.... I would just go on a vacation. When we go on tours they are exgausti g and the hardest work I have ever done, but for me it's a labor of love.

We will be going on Dash Across the Border Tour and we will be promoting dash.... I am curious why you would rather see us get other sponsors than do this through dash as the only sponsor.... why would dash be "past this" sort of proposal? When we did our last dash tour, bitcoin was way less heard of and other crypto currencies were even shunned by bitcoin supporters. Right now is the PERFECT time to be out there meeting people face to face and teaching them about the shortfalls of bitcoin and opening them to the glory of dash. Its veen all over the news, peole K OW what bitcoin is, they are primed and ready for other cryptos, and every bitcoin busi ess we stop at will be taught about dash as well. I think the timing is PERFECT for a trip such as this....

I do appreciate your dialog, please keep it coming!

@CatherineBleish No one is doubting the life-changing effects bitcoin has had on our lives, really. I understand you have some emotional attachment to the "bitcoin bus" thing. However, not meaning to be rude, but it comes across as though you want all the benefits of a dash payout while continuing to sing the praises of a coin that has no interest in paying for your next adventure.

I'm sorry, back in the day, this kind of thing was inspiring / exciting - and probably it still could be with the right formula - but I'm not sure I am feeling the enthusiasm from you, or enough of a Unique Selling Point to make this work.

Scavenger hunts is one thing, but there was no detail to how this would be executed or the hype you could generate from it. Personally, I'd prefer to see more mainstream activities with dash prizes. Examples would include talent contests, or a cannonball-type race.
I don't take it as rude, I am listening with open ears. You are right, I do have an emotion am attachment to "the Bitcoin bus thing". It's the name of my home with thousands of mentions online as "the Bitcoin bus", it's what my kids, my family, my friends, and supporters call my home.... It seems strange to me to change it for 1 trip, and as I said I am open to not having the branding anywhere on the bus, and just having dash on it. Let's say we change the name of the bus, even for one trip, I feel like I will spend time explaining it's formerly the Bitcoin bus so people understand it's the same bus. Seems like a happy medium would be to remove any mention of bitcoin on the actual bus and just go all out with dash branding... I don't feel like "bitcoin bus" sings anyone's praises, it's just the name... like the name of a band, do they change their name when they go on tour to support a cause? As I said before I am open to anything and not closed down to your suggestions here, I greatly appreciate the back and forth you are providing. If it comes down to changing the name of the bus for the trip to make the trip happen as a dash-only trip, I can meet you there.

We literally cannot do a bitcoin-only trip because of the transaction fees, "bitcoin" has never sponsored us as there is no way for bitcoin itself to sponsor us... but to respond to your comment "...coin that has no interest in funding your next adventure" - All of our previous bitcoin related sponsors would likely be down to sponsor again, many have sponsored us for 4 tours in a row.... one previous sponsor has offered a large sponsorship, and if we do a multi-sponsorship route we will accept. I feel strongly our message will be heard more clearly if we are focused on only promoting dash and not other coins as well. I hope we can find a way to get your yes vote!!!

Ultimately the trip will happen, the trip will be funded, the question for me is if it will be funded by dash or if we will have multiple sponsors like our tours in the past.

I REALLY like the idea of talent shows! Wow!!!!!!!!!! The scavenger hunt was John's idea, something we wanted to play with and consider, not something I will take the time to execute without a dash sponsorship, but if it's an exciting possibility for the dash community, we can work on some logistics.

Thank you again for the dialog, I am very grateful to flush all of this out. Please let me know what other questions you have!!!!!

Edit: I noticed you said you are not feeling enthusiasm from me, care to elaborate? I have been planning this tour for a couple months and talk about it nonstop, people I know in real life are not in doubt over my enthusiasm!!!!!! Thanks again!

Back