• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH – FIAT gateway proposal

I still don't understand what you are even trying to develop. If I am an end user how would I use this service? Take me through the process flow.
Thanks for the interest, we're making a graphic process flow to make it easier to understand the project, in a few hours you'll be able to see it.

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

About that pizza story just to give some facts, I know from the principal source that was slightly different, the bitcoin buyer(already interested in buying cryptocurrencies) just sent a pizza and payed with real money, and the guys who received the pizza sent the coins to the buyer, so the pizza place wasn't involved, also it would be so difficult to create that kind of trust in a commercial business already constituted.

And about the fear of losing capital, we have to be conscious that the economic system can't be changed instantly, we understand the philosophy of cryptocurrencies is precisely generate that change gradually. Currently, the dash users can use a debit card, but that would represent a biggest outflow of the total capital of dash, we're offering the opportunity of use just the amount they need for an specific trade.

Also, just to make the things clear, the business owners will fix the prices in the local fiat, but in the moment of payment the amount of dash will be calculated according to the current market value.

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk
Well then that sucks for the pizza shop. That's an example of what could have happened then and what should have happened. Businesses are missing out, need to show them that type of value is here.

Why are you currently invested in crypto? You fear your going to lose all your money? Or do you actually see it's potential as a currency and see its value? I see it as a gradual switch over obviously, as merchants accept Crypto and see that it's constantly increasing in value they will not only just accept it but promote it! Giving discounts to people who buy with it.

Along with the 3% cut they will now cut out from merchant services. I think that merchants will like to see them actually cutting out the middle man your trying to work with. That's another incentive for merchants to accept Dash.

Personally myself I will never ever support any merchant that will just dump my Dash. Decreasing the value of my Dash. I will go out of my way to not purchase through them.

And let's be honest no one is urgent to buy anything with Dash, stores will not be losing any customers not accepting crypto through your merchant services integration. consumers need incentives to! If I go to a store that says $5 for an item but $4.50 if bought with crypto you bet I'm buying it in crypto. There's a fee to get into crypto and it needs to be made up for. That's what we truly need done.

Well then that sucks for the pizza shop. That's an example of what could have happened then and what should have happened. Businesses are missing out, need to show them that type of value is here.

Why are you currently invested in crypto? You fear your going to lose all your money? Or do you actually see it's potential as a currency and see its value? I see it as a gradual switch over obviously, as merchants accept Crypto and see that it's constantly increasing in value they will not only just accept it but promote it! Giving discounts to people who buy with it.

Along with the 3% cut they will now cut out from merchant services. I think that merchants will like to see them actually cutting out the middle man your trying to work with. That's another incentive for merchants to accept Dash.

Personally myself I will never ever support any merchant that will just dump my Dash. Decreasing the value of my Dash. I will go out of my way to not purchase through them.

And let's be honest no one is urgent to buy anything with Dash, stores will not be losing any customers not accepting crypto through your merchant services integration. consumers need incentives to! If I go to a store that says $5 for an item but $4.50 if bought with crypto you bet I'm buying it in crypto. There's a fee to get into crypto and it needs to be made up for. That's what we truly need done.

I would like to thank you for this discussion, clearly your conclusions and your point of view are extremely valuable for the proposal we're building. We think now we understand what's your position about it, and we're going to keep working with that in mind.

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi JZA

Just want to find out if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit it?
If so, do you agree to the PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) assisting you in preparing your Pre-Proposal?

The way we do it is to give a Report on your Proposal highlighting areas that you can improve.
As you improve the Proposal the Report is adjusted and this may be done a number of times (up to 5 or more), each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.

The Report also has another function:
To give the Pre-Proposal a percentage mark. This percentage will make it possible to give the MNO’s and community a prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save everyone time and increase the chance of your Proposal gaining votes.

However, please be aware that the PEC has not officially been accepted by the MNO’s. We are also in the Pre-Proposal phase, so you have no obligation to partake.
If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

If you do want to use our services (note this is a free service)
1. Please PM me on the Dash Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions Forum indicating agreement.
2. and if you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ
3. Once you have read it you might want to adjust your Pre-Proposal before we submit the 1st Report, so I will wait for you to give us the go-ahead before we start the evaluation process.

If you don’t want the PEC to evaluate the Proposal – please PM me as well, then I won’t bug you again for an answer ;)

Good luck with your Proposal!

Forgot to mention. We will be doing Reports on all Pre-Proposals towards the end of the cycle in any case.

Couple of things in How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ has been simplified to make your life easier. ;)
See Changes to Pre-Proposal and Note.

Good luck as always

Last edited:
Back