• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darksend Liquidity Providers - v0.10.16.1

OK, reporting back. I left this running overnight and had 5 mixes occur. In other words, working well. I am still set at 57 block delay, but I may change that based on the answer to this next question. (Also... I am over 250DRK in that wallet now. I plan to keep it running.)

Question: Fees last night were -0.0125DRK for each "darksend denominate". Can someone confirm this is the correct fee? I have previous "darksend denominates" for -0.001 back in August.

Thanks!
0.0125 is correct fee. It was changed during RC5 testing, iirc.

There is no 200 denomination. 825 uses 500+100(3x)+1(5x). The matching works by just making sure the participants are using the same denominations.

If there is no one else to mix 500 denomination with, why not 825 = 8x100 + 5x5 or something? Or maybe wait for other 500 denominations to mix with to appear for 12 hours or so and then switch to 8x100. Why wait for 500 potentially forever?

I have been trying to anonymize exactly 500 DRK for 48 hours now, it's not done one round yet.

0.0125 is correct fee. It was changed during RC5 testing, iirc.

OK, so according to my transaction ledger, I had one "mix" (darksend denominate) every three hours. (I am set at 57 blocks delay). I had 5 successful mixes overnight (15 hrs) so that is about 8 mixes per 24 hrs. (8 x 7 days x 52 weeks = 2912 mixes per year) 2912 mixes per year x 0.0125 = 36.4 DRK. I am trying to understand how eduffield came up with 4.56 DRK / year.

Don't get me wrong... I believe that it is worth 36 DRK / year to promote Darkcoin... but we should be aware of the cost. Please correct my math if I missed something!

OK, so according to my transaction ledger, I had one "mix" (darksend denominate) every three hours. (I am set at 57 blocks delay). I had 5 successful mixes overnight (15 hrs) so that is about 8 mixes per 24 hrs. (8 x 7 days x 52 weeks = 2912 mixes per year) 2912 mixes per year x 0.0125 = 36.4 DRK. I am trying to understand how eduffield came up with 4.56 DRK / year.

Don't get me wrong... I believe that it is worth 36 DRK / year to promote Darkcoin... but we should be aware of the cost. Please correct my math if I missed something!
Forwarded your question to eduffield.

OK, reporting back. I left this running overnight and had 5 mixes occur. In other words, working well. I am still set at 57 block delay, but I may change that based on the answer to this next question. (Also... I am over 250DRK in that wallet now. I plan to keep it running.)

Question: Fees last night were -0.0125DRK for each "darksend denominate". Can someone confirm this is the correct fee? I have previous "darksend denominates" for -0.001 back in August.

Thanks!

Yes, fees are 0.0125 now for Darksend mixing rounds.

New version: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darksend-liquidity-providers-v0-10-16-2.2749/

Blocks per day in Darkcoin average about 576, so the math should be (576/57)*365*0.0125, or 46.1. However, I'm encouraging users to run v2 with a way more infrequent usage, something like (576.0/(20*15))*365*0.0125 (8.76DRK/yr). Try v2 with a setting of 20 or so and let me know if the numbers are better.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darksend-liquidity-providers-v0-10-16-2.2749/

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me,
I've been playing with crypto-currency for some years now, I really like the darksend feature, however I'm certain that the long mixing times are a real drawback.
Yesterday I had the idea to provide liquidity in the form of a website/application which has an amount of ready mixed Dash say 1000DASH, then when someone wants to darksend somewhere, they send Dash to the site and the site forwards the darksent amount either in parts or at a random time within the next 24 hrs, or instantly?
A charge of a few % could cover costs of hosting etc, we could fund development for this by offering it as an asset on NXT / Ethereum / Counterparty, then pay a dividend to stakeholders based on profit. I think it would add a type of much needed liquidity to Dash Darksend, I'm sure there are some important security issues I've not considered, but i'm not a programmer so please forgive my ignorance.

any thoughts? I think this is the right thread for it right?

thanks guys :)

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me,
I've been playing with crypto-currency for some years now, I really like the darksend feature, however I'm certain that the long mixing times are a real drawback.
Yesterday I had the idea to provide liquidity in the form of a website/application which has an amount of ready mixed Dash say 1000DASH, then when someone wants to darksend somewhere, they send Dash to the site and the site forwards the darksent amount either in parts or at a random time within the next 24 hrs, or instantly?
A charge of a few % could cover costs of hosting etc, we could fund development for this by offering it as an asset on NXT / Ethereum / Counterparty, then pay a dividend to stakeholders based on profit. I think it would add a type of much needed liquidity to Dash Darksend, I'm sure there are some important security issues I've not considered, but i'm not a programmer so please forgive my ignorance.

any thoughts? I think this is the right thread for it right?

thanks guys :)
How do you get your Dash "ready mixed"?

How do you get your Dash "ready mixed"?

I'm thinking it's a client being run on the the same server that's hosting the site, the client is constantly mixing, so it will be 'ready mixed' until someone sends money to the wallet and the mixed amount gets sent, then it will begin mixing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking it's a client being run on the the same server that's hosting the site, the client is constantly mixing, so it will be 'ready mixed' until someone sends money to the wallet and the mixed amount gets sent, then it will begin mixing more.
If there're others mixing on the network, i can mix with them. I do not need to pay for someone else to mix Dash for me, that's the beauty of Darksend, no need for a third party to mix Dash, everything is available from one's own wallets.

Besides, i would be very suspicious if i have to rely on someone else saying they have "anonymous Dash" to sell to me.

If there're others mixing on the network, i can mix with them. I do not need to pay for someone else to mix Dash for me, that's the beauty of Darksend, no need for a third party to mix Dash, everything is available from one's own wallets.

Besides, i would be very suspicious if i have to rely on someone else saying they have "anonymous Dash" to sell to me.

yes, but I've tried mixing. It always takes hours. Also what if I have dash but not the wallet, for example I have an amount of Dash on an exchange that I want to Darksend to somewhere else. A service similar to shapeshift.io but purely to Darksend. I would pay for this service, and i'm sure plenty of other beginners to this tech would also pay for a faster simple service?

yes, but I've tried mixing. It always takes hours. Also what if I have dash but not the wallet, for example I have an amount of Dash on an exchange that I want to Darksend to somewhere else. A service similar to shapeshift.io but purely to Darksend. I would pay for this service, and i'm sure plenty of other beginners to this tech would also pay for a faster simple service?
Then it's definitely not anonymous because it's traced back to this service and to the user who bought the coins.

Then it's definitely not anonymous because it's traced back to this service and to the user who bought the coins.

How is it traced back? It's Darksent. At best you can know that Dash has been sent to the service, but new deposit addresses for each transaction can mitigate that? And after that, you cannot prove or show where the dash has gone. I accept that there will be some form of compromise to security by using a third party, how best could we minimise that?

There is no 200 denomination. 825 uses 500+100(3x)+1(5x). The matching works by just making sure the participants are using the same denominations.
Hi sir, I want to ask that the denomination in Dash is {0.00100001, 0.0100001, 0.100001. 1.00001. 10.0001, 100.001, 500.005}, Is that right?
and Can you please tell me how to recognize a DarkSend trx in blockchain?

Back