• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darksend: Is it possible to target exploit / stress the master node?

DarkAuR{iga

Hi,
as i understood darksend there is a master node that will be randomly chosen.
Is it possible to trace the master node and exploit/stress it in order to harm the network and if so, what are measures taken to hide the identity of the master node?
To me it appears there is one central point in a decentralized network it somewhat a bottleneck where all the rest of the network relies on, correct me if im wrong.
If that’s the case, isnt it possible to have multiple master nodes or other things that increase network security?

Just trying to understand the whole thing with its strength and weaknesses.

Hi,
as i understood darksend there is a master node that will be randomly chosen.
Is it possible to trace the master node and exploit/stress it in order to harm the network and if so, what are measures taken to hide the identity of the master node?
To me it appears there is one central point in a decentralized network it somewhat a bottleneck where all the rest of the network relies on, correct me if im wrong.
If that’s the case, isnt it possible to have multiple master nodes or other things that increase network security?

Just trying to understand the whole thing with its strength and weaknesses.

Yep to multiple master nodes, AFAIK right now it uses one master node but with the update coming in a few weeks it will randomly choose a master node. I don't think you could trace it too easily as it will soon be randomly chosen.

note: I'm not a DRK dev so I could be wrong.

Yep to multiple master nodes, AFAIK right now it uses one master node but with the update coming in a few weeks it will randomly choose a master node. I don't think you could trace it too easily as it will soon be randomly chosen.

note: I'm not a DRK dev so I could be wrong.

if that’s true, its interesting where and how the masternode is chosen. Also interesting if a "exit node logging " as known from tor is possible.

Back