• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darksend Creates Denomination with wallet balance less then 0.8 dashs

dashmenow

First question, how it is possible ? As in interface you can't start mixing with the balance less then 1.4 dashs.
Second, the mixing cost is .05203406704637121778% of the wallet balance.

What did i do wrong with my wallet, to be charged with this amount ?

Here is the transaction information:

Status: 12 confirmationsDate: 30.12.15 02:57Total debit: 0.00000000 DASHTotal credit: 0.00000000 DASHTransaction fee: -0.00039313 DASHNet amount: -0.00039313 DASHTransaction ID: 79f4a659ad3a627a91e7ce09899e6e5a765430146869c8f430d409b4cab028bb-000

Overview screen with balance less then 1.4 dashs:
Снимок-Dash Core - Wallet -1.png

Denomination transaction at top:
Снимок-Dash Core - Wallet .png

Transaction details:
Снимок-Transaction details.png

Edit:
Additional info.

I'm not sure, but the reason for mixing and charging my wallet, may be related to two things:
1. In dash.conf I've set the liquidityprovider=1
2. There was a "Darksend" checkbox set in "Send" tab, with no amount at all and with no transaction associated whatsoever.

BTW, I'm a total noob, and just have started mining. So this may be a proper behaviour for Dash, and I'm not read all proper materials on this coin.

P.S. Please tell me this is not a bug, because I'm planning to setup a masternode someday...

Last edited by a moderator:
First question, how it is possible ?
[...]
1. In dash.conf I've set the liquidityprovider=1

[...]
P.S. Please tell me this is not a bug, because I'm planning to setup a masternode someday...

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Setting liquidityprovider=1 will exactly do what you are seeing: Endlessly running mixing regardless of balance - until your balance is exhausted (~0)

What was your purpose of enabling it?

Setting liquidityprovider=1 will exactly do what you are seeing: Endlessly running mixing regardless of balance - until your balance is exhausted (~0)

This is not what I'm concerned about. Charging for mixing is fair.

Problems are:
1. As I mentioned, the charging started with the balance less then 1.49 DASH, which is minimal limit for mixing in dash-qt (see the screenshot)
Снимок-Darksend.png

2. The charge for this mixing (that was only one successful) is not covered by any publicly available documentation. Right now as I've found, the darksend have a fee of 0.03 dash, the InstantX 0.01 dash, and minimal per KB fee is 0.0001 dash.

The question is where the heck the charge came from ? How it is calculated ? Is there some fees I missing, or there is something else i've not discovered about DASH yet ?
Just give me a hint where to dig to ...

1. As flare already mentioned liquidityprovider=1 means that wallet doesn't care if you pushed the button or not - it just starts mixing right away until there are no more funds.
2. http://explorer.dash.org/tx/79f4a659ad3a627a91e7ce09899e6e5a765430146869c8f430d409b4cab028bb
This transaction is the one where denominated funds are created (which is a "normal" tx), no mixing is happening here yet. Note that it's almost 3.5Kb because you have small inputs - that's why you were charged that much (0.00039313 DASH).
As for tx costs in general:
- IX cost is 0.001 DASH (as you already found but I believe it's should be written in tx confirmation box already(?));
- DS mixing cost is 0.01 DASH every 10 or so mixing transactions on average (to charge or not to charge is decided by MNs);
- DS payment cost is calculated by rounding amount down to nearest denomination (0.1 DASH) (to eliminate change and prevent "dead change" attack of original CoinJoin algo).

First of all: Thank you a lot for the answers !

This transaction is the one where denominated funds are created (which is a "normal" tx), no mixing is happening here yet. Note that it's almost 3.5Kb because you have small inputs - that's why you were charged that much (0.00039313 DASH).

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. There is a transaction with the size 3.5Kb which is charged with 0.00010001 per KB. Now this number (0.00039313 DASH) is making sense. This number is a charge for 3.(930906)Kb. Uhmm close enough to 3.5Kb ... BTW, I've never said it is "high". I had no information on where this number originating from.

You say that the mixing is not happened yet. What is the origin of denomination ? What caused this denomination ?

First of all: Thank you a lot for the answers !

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. There is a transaction with the size 3.5Kb which is charged with 0.00010001 per KB. Now this number (0.00039313 DASH) is making sense. This number is a charge for 3.(930906)Kb. Uhmm close enough to 3.5Kb ... BTW, I've never said it is "high". I had no information on where this number originating from.

You say that the mixing is not happened yet. What is the origin of denomination ? What caused this denomination ?
You are welcome :)

Before mixing funds you (your wallet) have to create equal denominations of 0.1, 1, 10 and 100 DASH (depends on how much funds you have in your wallet) and only then you (your wallet) can start actual mixing of these denominations together with other people's denominations using masternodes.

* "you (your wallet)" thing: your wallet will do this automagically at the right time but you have to unlock it manually first if it was locked with passphrase.

Back