• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Wallet - Passphrase Question

Thanks, I figured it out. When I installed the Dash wallet, it did NOT give me the opportunity to create a pass phrase, nor did it ask if I wanted it to be encrypted.
Nevertheless it was locked. What I didn't realize is that the DASH wallet is basically just an upgraded version of the dark coin wallet, and it moved my pass phrase and encryption choice to the new DASH waltet automatically. So I used my darkcoin wallet pass phrase and was able to unlock it. I immediately relocked it and all is well.

I'm a teacher and I am surprised that DASH would not have basic written instructions on it's site explaining how simple it is to move a .dat file,
and how to make your library visible on a MAC and how to save the file to another location as backup, and how to copy and paste it into the new DASH folder.
Would have saved me about three houses of reading through complicated wrong answers to find the one simple one that worked.

Thanks!
Donna

happy to hear u are sorted
yes the password : encryption stays with the wallet.dat - it does not matter where u put it !

as to complicated guides and wrong answers ... well at least people try to help - remember there is always an easy and a hard way to do it ;)
i believe we are we covered reg guides and videos - finding them might be the challenge

happy to hear u are sorted
yes the password : encryption stays with the wallet.dat - it does not matter where u put it !

as to complicated guides and wrong answers ... well at least people try to help - remember there is always an easy and a hard way to do it ;)
i believe we are we covered reg guides and videos - finding them might be the challenge

You are right. At least people try to help.

Back