• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Wallet Backup.dat to DASH wallet

kanamil

Hey guys - followed these steps:

1. Open a brand new (empty) wallet by starting DASH core you just downloaded.
2. Wait (a while) until the new wallet is fully synced, then close that wallet.
3. Navigate to "C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\DashCore", where you will see a new (empty) wallet.dat file.
4. Rename that file to wallet.dat.empty or move it out of the DashCore directory... just in case it isn't actually empty.
5. Now put a copy of the old wallet.dat file into the DashCore folder, then restart DASH core just as you did in step 1.

and I received this error (attached)

at which point the dash wallet sits idle 'Rescanning...' and needs to be forcequit.

My old DarkCoin wallet does have transactions/value on-chain.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 6.07.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 6.07.47 PM.png
    279.9 KB · Views: 159
You probably let it just sit rescanning. It is going threw the whole blockchain which can take a little while

That shouldn't be a problem, as long as the keys are intact. You should see a progress bar at the bottom of the screen after you click away the error message? You could also force a rescan from Tools > Wallet Repair

Rescanning eventually completes and the wallet re-opens but with 0 DASH.

At this point I tried wallet repair 'upgrade' and 'recover transactions 1 (keep metadata)'. When these operations complete I'm given a 'wallet is corrupted' prompt and dash closes and reopens.

Also follows with this error: (attached)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 6.11.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 6.11.57 PM.png
    445.1 KB · Views: 107
That error is no problem, it just means you have closed and restarted the Dash wallet within 1 minute.

Are you sure these addresses hold funds? Are there no automatic backups of the wallet in the %APPDATA%/Darkcoin/backups folder? If the funds are substantial and you only have a corrupted wallet, I would suggest you engage a wallet recovery service as tungfa has recommended in previous threads, or reach out to someone you trust in the community. I'm also willing to have a try for you - you can verify my identity on the dash.org team page.

Can you plz help me i am having the same issue migrating from dark coin wallt to dashcore. Tnx in advance highly appreciate it

Hey Strophy

Thanks for the replies thus far. Yes the funds are on chain.

I used the create backup function from the darkCoin wallet. I'll have a look this weekend as it's on another machine - if I found an iterative backup I would use it the same way as I'm using the wallet.dat now, correct?

If I can't solve, would love some help with the issue!

cheers

Yes, use it in the same way - all you have to do is rename it to wallet.dat and copy it in the right folder as described in the link I posted. Good luck!

Back