• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin is more centralized than we think?

I know this is an old thread, but the original topic of centralization has to do with my question.
Is there data on how many masternodes owners are there, as well as how many masternodes per owner? Most people say Dash is more centralized than, say Bitcoin, which is also centralized to a certain degree due to the broad mining pools in China. Those miners could easily pick another crypto to mine and get rid of their Bitcoin. With Dash, you have skin in the game due to your 1000 Dash.
However, I'd like to know if there's a lot of voting power to few individuals at the moment.

On the same topic, is support for masternode share voting on the roadmap?

Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but the original topic of centralization has to do with my question.
Is there data on how many masternodes owners are there, as well as how many masternodes per owner? Most people say Dash is more centralized than, say Bitcoin, which is also centralized to a certain degree due to the broad mining pools in China. Those miners could easily pick another crypto to mine and get rid of their Bitcoin. With Dash, you have skin in the game due to your 1000 Dash.
However, I'd like to know if there's a lot of voting power to few individuals at the moment.

On the same topic, is support for masternode share voting on the roadmap?

Thanks

ancient thread indeed
- same old - no MN owners have not (no need - privacy 1st) revealed their identity or how many nodes they hold
best to check facts and numbers here:
http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html
there seem to be some way to check the votes - how many are coming from a single source - no idea where to find that tbh but biggest whales seem to be 200-300 MN
- "pick another crypto to mine and get rid of their Bitcoin "
not that easy - their ASIC miners are working for/on certain coins but you could not just flip a BTC ASIC to Dash or whatever
- "I'd like to know if there's a lot of voting power to few individuals at the moment"
no there is not - i have no numbers to proof myself here (commented above)
proposals get voted in and others get voted down - exactly how it is supposed to be
(core proposals or not - this is accross the board)
it all comes down to engaged MN holders - they "need" to vote - the more passive they are the 'easier' it is for proposals to slip in (engaged voting is needed !! across the board)

MN shared - there are a couple of services available , @moocowmoo and @splawik21 offer this ,
i am not sure how they handle voting rights

Back