• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dark Send

tuppydog

Hey, I accidently hit the dark send button and got this, what does this mean, I didn't mean to send anyone anything, and never have sent anyone anything, I'm a long here.
upload_2015-7-24_15-4-43.png

Status: 108 confirmationsDate: 7/24/2015 13:29Debit: 0.00 DASHCredit: 0.00 DASHTransaction fee: -0.0092 DASHNet amount: -0.0092 DASHTransaction ID: 99a7b99e26eb58b62b19efbdfca91ee03718c58e7d308fd6d36aaad3fa43713d-000

It also says "Darksend Create Denominations" as type

ok, just a longtime miner here, even though I didn't send anything to myself, thanks....
You clicked on "Start Darksend Mixing" and Darksend started the process, and this is the first fee to start denominated inputs.

ok, just a longtime miner here, even though I didn't send anything to myself, thanks....
First step in mixing is a creation of denominations. So the moment you hit Start Darksend Mixing you effectively sent funds to yourself creating these denominations (check outputs in the link above)

EDIT: moli was faster :)

I could defiantly see someone as a non- tech person pushing that button by accident,( not complaining here but trying to help, I love dash), just pointing it out that someone may "try" out the button, and getting ticked off because they lost money on something they didn't even understand they would lose money on, should be a popup that says, fees are in store if button is pushed. Just a friendly FYI to the masses...

I could defiantly see someone as a non- tech person pushing that button by accident,( not complaining here but trying to help, I love dash), just pointing it out that someone may "try" out the button, and getting ticked off because they lost money on something they didn't even understand they would lose money on, should be a popup that says, fees are in store if button is pushed. Just a friendly FYI to the masses...
The money goes to miners.. So you are a miner, I hope you appreciate this feature. :p

First step in mixing is a creation of denominations. So the moment you hit Start Darksend Mixing you effectively sent funds to yourself creating these denominations (check outputs in the link above)

EDIT: moli was faster :)
Like I said above, it was a clumsy accident on my part to even push the button in the first place, I didn't mean to push the button...

The money goes to miners.. So you are a miner, I hope you appreciate this feature. :p
well, yes I do, but I mean I'm just pointing this out to the majority of the masses, I want Dash to win here, and let this not be a stumbling block to average joe users...

well, yes I do, but I mean I'm just pointing this out to the majority of the masses, I want Dash to win here...
I understand. But 0.0092 is worth only about 3 cents USD right now... And people who are into Dash mostly know what Darksend is. Maybe we should have a popup that asks "Clicking this button will start your Darksend mixing... Are you sure? Are you sure??? Are you really sure?" ...
:tongue::grin:

I understand. But 0.0092 is worth only about 3 cents USD right now... And people who are into Dash mostly know what Darksend is. Maybe we should have a popup that asks "Clicking this button will start your Darksend mixing... Are you sure? Are you sure??? Are you really sure?" ...
:tongue::grin:

ok, just posing the question, don't have a heart attack, i'm just trying to point out how people are in customer service, forget the whole thing, just a mild suggestion jeez...

Ok, sorry I didn't mean to come off as brass, I just pointed out that someone could push that button (like me) ,not knowing what they were doing and etc...

ok thanks, I've owned/mined dash software from at least December of last year, it may be no big deal, just want to help, if nothing changes, no big deal. It maybe good to have a trial run of "average joes" running the software, because you know they are going to hit the most aesthetically pleasing button, and if they get knocked for pressing it, even if it is 3 cents, I know people will be ticked off, I'll stay at the mining end, didn't want to make a big issue of this at all, just wanted to point it out as a possible problem..

Tuppy

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/tx/99a7b99e26eb58b62b19efbdfca91ee03718c58e7d308fd6d36aaad3fa43713d
That's "Create Denominations" tx i.e. you sent funds to yourself creating new denominations and 0.0092 is a fee for this tx
UdjinM6, I don't understand all of this yet, but tomorrow morning I am going through all of these transactions that you forwarded me. I may have a few questions for you, if you don't mind, as I don't quite understand where some of my mining Dash went to. It's possible that some of this went to grinos's x11 4.1.0g Sgminer, while I used it for a few months, but I'm not sure, anyway, thanks for pointing this website out, I need to look at this thoroughly.!

Back